Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 10th Annual TWITAFCS Week 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bye Weeks. A time of rest, reflection and reset. When Mikey's brain farts and picks a whole bunch of stinkers. Last week was boom or bust for many - the games featured interesting and unpredictable matchups, and records suffered or thrived because of it.

That's in the rear view, though, and now the downhill half of the season is upon us and the Jags have a head of steam, as do several of our TWITAFCS pickers. Can both keep their streaks going? A full slate of 4 games to choose this week:

indynoplace @ NE: Indy took advantage of costly turnovers last week and that was the difference maker. Does Mac take risks that allow them to capitalize, or do they play conservative?

niners @ DUVAL: Both are coming off bye weeks, but teams are streaking in opposite directions. Is Purdy just weathering a slump, or is Deebo that pivotal to his performance? CMC will give the Jags bend-but-don't break a true test. This should be appointment viewing even if you're not a fan of either team.

tacks @ TB: Stroud looked like an All-Pro against TB's leaky D. Does Levis do the same, or can the Bucs keep him reined in? This could also be appointment viewing, but more for the Crash at Crush kinda spectacle.

tinhorns @ CIN: Was last week a sign of things to come, or just taking advantage of a bad D? Cincy is streaking too, much improved from their slow start. It won't be as easy for Stroud and Dell to do their feasting, but they will have their chances.

Last week was not kind, 1-2 put me squarely in the middle at 15-13. Here's hoping my slide ends...good luck with your guesses, everyone!

Indy 26 NE 17: Minshew vs. Mac is the difference here.

JAX 24 sf 20: A close-fought battle all day highlighted by a late TD drive by the good guys at home to complete the comeback

tacks 23 TB 21: Mayfield had the 1000-mile stare going late last week. Is TB going to fully go over the cliff, or do they bounce back?

BUNGLES 34 tinhorns 20: Burrow puts on a clinic and Stroud is there to learn. Unfortunately for him, a repeat of last week's show will have to wait.
(11-08-2023, 09:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Bye Weeks. A time of rest, reflection and reset. When Mikey's brain farts and picks a whole bunch of stinkers. Last week was boom or bust for many - the games featured interesting and unpredictable matchups, and records suffered or thrived because of it.

That's in the rear view, though, and now the downhill half of the season is upon us and the Jags have a head of steam, as do several of our TWITAFCS pickers. Can both keep their streaks going? A full slate of 4 games to choose this week:

indynoplace @ NE: Indy took advantage of costly turnovers last week and that was the difference maker. Does Mac take risks that allow them to capitalize, or do they play conservative?

niners @ DUVAL: Both are coming off bye weeks, but teams are streaking in opposite directions. Is Purdy just weathering a slump, or is Deebo that pivotal to his performance? CMC will give the Jags bend-but-don't break a true test. This should be appointment viewing even if you're not a fan of either team.

tacks @ TB: Stroud looked like an All-Pro against TB's leaky D. Does Levis do the same, or can the Bucs keep him reined in? This could also be appointment viewing, but more for the Crash at Crush kinda spectacle.

tinhorns @ CIN: Was last week a sign of things to come, or just taking advantage of a bad D? Cincy is streaking too, much improved from their slow start. It won't be as easy for Stroud and Dell to do their feasting, but they will have their chances.

Last week was not kind, 1-2 put me squarely in the middle at 15-13. Here's hoping my slide ends...good luck with your guesses, everyone!

JAX 24 sf 20: A close-fought battle all day highlighted by a late TD drive by the good guys at home to complete the comeback

tacks 23 TB 21: Mayfield had the 1000-mile stare going late last week. Is TB going to fully go over the cliff, or do they bounce back?

BUNGLES 34 tinhorns 20: Burrow puts on a clinic and Stroud is there to learn. Unfortunately for him, a repeat of last week's show will have to wait.

12-15 overall

Clots
Jags
Bungles
Tacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i'm  15-8 overall.  

this week ,ill go with

bengals

bucs

colts

Jags  changed my mind. Teal of doom will lead jags to a win.
18-10 after going 3-0 last week.

I like the clots over the Pats. Mac sucks and they're spiraling

Speaking of spiraling, the 49ers are on a losing streak, have to travel east, and the Jags are looking hot. Give me the good guys in this one.

Bucs and tacks is a hard one. Two bad teams wrestling to be king of the mud pit. Guess I'll go with the home team and take the Bucs.

Bengals are going to demolish the tinhorns. They're just not ready to compete.
colts
Jags (going full homer)
bucs
bengals

15-13 coming into this week
18-10 overall

Clots
Jags
Bucs
Cincy
10-15 overall

Colts over Patriots
Jaguars over 49ers
Buccaneers over Titans
Bengals over Texans
18-10 Overall
2-1 Last week

Colts
Jags
Bucs
Bengals
15-13

Colts
Jaguars
Buccaneers
Bengals
Patriots over Colts (New England’s wins were over the Jets and the Bills.  Aside from blowouts vs. Dallas & New Orleans, every game has been fairly close.  I’ll take them at home against the Colts.)

Jaguars over Niners (All indicators point to this being a close game. I’ll go with the Jags here, even though they haven’t played convincingly well at home in games like this.)

Buccaneers over Titans (Both teams are a step above being dumpster fires.  I’ll go with Tampa Bay here, due to being the home team, having higher morale currently, and also because of the experience Mayfield has over Levis.)

Bengals over Texans (If somehow Stroud and company can pull a win off in Ohio this weekend, go ahead and crown him as the best QB in the division.  I just don’t see them being able to do that, however, against the one team in the AFC that scares me right now.)

Last Week:  2-1
Overall:  14-14

Overall, I'm 13-15 and hoping for better. Here we go:

Jags over 49ers

Colts over Patriots

Bengals over texans

Bucs over Titans
Jags

Colts

Bucs

Bengals

I’ll go back and tally up totals when I get a break.
9-17 so far.

I'll go San Fran, clots, tacks, and tinhorns.
(11-08-2023, 11:21 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm  15-8 overall.  

this week ,ill go with

bengals

bucs

colts

Jags  changed my mind. Teal of doom will lead jags to a win.

2-2 this week,moves me to   17-10 overall.
(11-10-2023, 12:42 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]Bengals over Texans (If somehow Stroud and company can pull a win off in Ohio this weekend, go ahead and crown him as the best QB in the division.  I just don’t see them being able to do that, however, against the one team in the AFC that scares me right now.)

Sent a text to CJ to get his h̶a̶t̶ crown size, would you like to do this before or after the Jags game in Houston?  Tongue
(11-09-2023, 12:44 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]10-15 overall

Colts over Patriots
Jaguars over 49ers
Buccaneers over Titans
Bengals over Texans

2-2 this week
12-17 overall
(11-10-2023, 08:24 AM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]15-13

Colts
Jaguars
Buccaneers
Bengals

2-2 This Week
17-15 Overall
(11-08-2023, 09:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Last week was not kind, 1-2 put me squarely in the middle at 15-13. Here's hoping my slide ends...good luck with your guesses, everyone!

Welp. The slide continues. 1-3 and 16-16 on the year.
(11-08-2023, 11:31 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]18-10 overall

Clots
Jags
Bucs
Cincy

2-2
20-12 overall
(11-08-2023, 09:31 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2023, 09:13 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]Bye Weeks. A time of rest, reflection and reset. When Mikey's brain farts and picks a whole bunch of stinkers. Last week was boom or bust for many - the games featured interesting and unpredictable matchups, and records suffered or thrived because of it.

12-15 overall

Clots
Jags
Bungles
Tacks

2-2 this week
14-17 overall