Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 10 injury report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not too bad, some names not even on the report this week

https://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report/
Really wondering what’s going on with Zay at this point
Shannahan didn’t sound too confident that Trent would be playing.

That’s massive. Deebo looks to be back though
(11-08-2023, 06:01 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Not too bad, some names not even on the report this week

https://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report/

Looks like we're getting Junior back.  I wonder which situations he'll get snaps in now that Herndon is (finally) looking good.
I think there's a reason Zay Jones isn't put on the IR. 

I think there's mentoring happening between Zay and the rest of the WR group.  Zay is our best Red Zone WR.  But he's clearly helping the other WRs.  Otherwise, they would have put him on the temp IR 2 months ago.
(11-08-2023, 08:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Shannahan didn’t sound too confident that Trent would be playing.

Trent can likely not practice all week then play so we will see.
(11-08-2023, 09:32 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2023, 08:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]Shannahan didn’t sound too confident that Trent would be playing.

Trent can likely not practice all week then play so we will see.
I don’t disagree but Trent hasn’t played since week 6.

It’s highly doubtful that he would play after not practicing for 3 weeks or so and just suit up on Sunday.

If he doesn’t practice tomorrow, doubt he plays.
Will we be getting Campbell and Cisco back?
(11-08-2023, 09:24 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's a reason Zay Jones isn't put on the IR. 

I think there's mentoring happening between Zay and the rest of the WR group.  Zay is our best Red Zone WR.  But he's clearly helping the other WRs.  Otherwise, they would have put him on the temp IR 2 months ago.

Kinda wonder if it's something related to contract, he may get some of his bonuses for staying on the active roster vs. IR. At a quick glance I didn't see anything.

another consideration - If we don't NEED to move him off the roster, why would we? Moving somebody up from PS to active  roster in his place will have to be waived unless someone else falls injured when Zay is healthy. Not being on IR allows more flexibility to practice and try out the recuperation to see if he's ready. We're doing just fine while he is resting, let's not force him into action and re-aggravate things.

(11-08-2023, 09:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2023, 09:32 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Trent can likely not practice all week then play so we will see.
I don’t disagree but Trent hasn’t played since week 6.

It’s highly doubtful that he would play after not practicing for 3 weeks or so and just suit up on Sunday.

If he doesn’t practice tomorrow, doubt he plays.

Correct, and if he's just getting old man rest SFO could be getting themselves in hot water for listing as an ankle issue. Vegas, erm, the league, sorry, takes the injury report quite seriously.
The new update is out for us. Same as yesterday with the exception of Yasir, He was able to get in a full practice today. I really hope we get a full practice out of Zay, Erza, Tyson, and Andre for tomorrow. It would be nice to go into Sunday with all the starters and see Erza in a bit as the backup.
Gut is everyone but Zay is back. We get Zay next week or one after.
I’m curious to see if Junior is active on game day.
(11-09-2023, 08:28 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m curious to see if Junior is active on game day.

Where would you play him if he were? 

Tre has been holding down nickel well outside of the chefs and saints games. Not sure I'd want to let Shanahan match Kittle up on a second year kid with very little real experience.
If they create that matchup effectively - it's bad news regardless who is in the slot for us, but I'd be hesitant to give Junior his trial by fire in that situation.
(11-09-2023, 08:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2023, 08:28 PM)jagsfan06 Wrote: [ -> ]I’m curious to see if Junior is active on game day.

Where would you play him if he were? 

Tre has been holding down nickel well outside of the chefs and saints games. Not sure I'd want to let Shanahan match Kittle up on a second year kid with very little real experience.
If they create that matchup effectively - it's bad news regardless who is in the slot for us, but I'd be hesitant to give Junior his trial by fire in that situation.

May see him in a few times. They will help him some, maybe with a safety over the top.

Well updated report out Zay out and seems we have a lot questionable.   The 49ers have Banks and Jackson out and a few UNSPECIFIED.
(11-10-2023, 06:21 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-09-2023, 08:38 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Where would you play him if he were? 

May see him in a few times. They will help him some, maybe with a safety over the top.

Well updated report out Zay out and seems we have a lot questionable.   The 49ers have Banks and Jackson out and a few UNSPECIFIED.
Unspecified or (-) means they are playing, generally anyone with FP on Friday will be listed as that.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk