Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bad performers of the game vs SF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They allowed this 49er team come into their house and smack them right in the mouth.  This is one of the most embarrassing games I can remember as a Jaguar fan and that is saying something.  It's so embarrassing because the media was hyping us up and put us on the big stage.  This one one filthy jock strap of a performance.  Lets call it out.  The game is into the 4th quarter and does not need a finish to list these:

Coaching: What an embarrassment of a product displayed on the field today. The offense and the defense had 0 answers for this team today. The whole staff should hang their heads in shame.

The paying Jaguar customer:  I feel bad for fans who paid good money to sit in the stands to watch this today. A blind man would think this was a 49er home game just listening to the crowd. They should issue all fans a refund for this crap.

Trevor Lawrence: By far his worse performance of the year. He looked like a deer in headlights. He continues his trend of being a turnover machine. An early strip sack helped set the tone. The 49ers found a way to shut down Lawrence that may trinkle down as the season carries on.  This offense had zero answers outside a handful of drives.  Lawrence is not an elite QB yet. He has got to stop the fumbles and careless int's when pressured.

Offensive line: They got bullied all day today. Lawrence's problems were amplified by the line's lack of pass blocking. Unacceptable level of play from the entire line.

Evan Engram: He is the Jaguars number 1 weapon and into the 4th quarter has one catch. Where has he been?

Kirk: I struggled putting him on here because he was the only good weapon. His fumble in the redzone is just unacceptable

Defense: They got whipped on all phases. Walker was stout early but the whole defense dwindled as time went on.  34 points early in the 4th quarter tells the story.

Jaguar Fans: We complain that the media ignores this team. We complain we do not get many prime time games. We complain the Jags get little attention. The truth is the Jaguars have a history of putting on piss poor performances when given the national spotlight. It seems to be a trend. Disappointing to say the least. I know it is only one game but this is much more than that. The only team we have beaten that was considered elite was Buffalo but they have not been playing great recently. This was a measuring stick game and shows we have a very far way to go.
Didn’t read but the list would be shorter if you asked who played well….
Offense coaches
(11-12-2023, 04:55 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t read but the list would be shorter if you asked who played well….

Yep.

The team laid an egg as a whole, including the coaches in game planning. It was clear from the first snap that the niners game planned us and we didn't game plan them.
(11-12-2023, 04:56 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Offense coaches

Not the Defense coaches?

They allowed 34 points while allowing the 49ers to run it down their throats in the 4th quarter.
(11-12-2023, 04:58 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 04:56 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Offense coaches

Not the Defense coaches?

They allowed 34 points while allowing the 49ers to run it down their throats in the 4th quarter.

The offense turned it over 4 times, and the score late in the second quarter was 10-3. The defense played heroic early on.
Let’s just hope this is our Lions wake up moment from last season because this was absolutely pathetic.
(11-12-2023, 04:59 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 04:58 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Not the Defense coaches?

The offense turned it over 4 times, and the score late in the second quarter was 10-3. The defense played heroic early on.

Early on does not mean the whole game. They were just gashed the whole second half.
(11-12-2023, 05:01 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 04:59 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]The offense turned it over 4 times, and the score late in the second quarter was 10-3. The defense played heroic early on.

Early on does not mean the whole game. They were just gashed the whole second half.

The defense has the same problem as the offense, decent talent, not a lot of difference makers.

The niners are the worst kind of matchup for the Jaguars, we don't do well actually forcing bad plays, we wait for them to make mistakes. The niners didn't need to make mistakes, they put us into the position of having to risk mistakes, like having that wasted first round pick, Lloyd, trying to cover Kittle with no help over the top.
(11-12-2023, 04:57 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 04:55 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Didn’t read but the list would be shorter if you asked who played well….

Yep.

The team laid an egg as a whole, including the coaches in game planning. It was clear from the first snap that the niners game planned us and we didn't game plan them.

Yeah - I found it odd that ETN was not being featured with screens, swing passes and wheels more often and straight out of the gate. 

Playing such a mismatch of their DL vs our pitiful OL sure seemed to call for getting plenty of carries and quick passes to a really good running back. They didn't do it. 

Defensively - they made some adjustments after coming out flat - started to hold - until the dam eventually burst and they got flooded. Shanahan knows how to exploit weaknesses and mismatches really well. He put on a clinic.
1) Oline
2)Trevor
3)Press
4) Doug
5)Rauscher

Although in retrospect. This is all on Doug

I mean, to be fair the defense played well up until the Kirk turnover. It went downhill from there, likely just deflated their offense was so useless today.
We regressed in every aspect of the game today. Dumb mistakes from downing punts to penalties, missed tackles, bad coverage, stupid turnovers, bad QB play, bad blocking, bad reads. A lot of that is who we played and we can't make a mountain out of a mole hill but this doesn't happen to good teams. We flat out didn't show up.
Coaching is terrible. Especially off a bye
whatever you do, do not tell anyone that Press Taylor's offense is a problem... Don't do it...  you'll regret it,  man
(11-12-2023, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 04:57 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Yep.

Yeah - I found it odd that ETN was not being featured with screens, swing passes and wheels more often and straight out of the gate. 

Playing such a mismatch of their DL vs our pitiful OL sure seemed to call for getting plenty of carries and quick passes to a really good running back. They didn't do it. 

I'm sure it has nothing to do with our Offensive Coordinator...
(11-12-2023, 05:58 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah - I found it odd that ETN was not being featured with screens, swing passes and wheels more often and straight out of the gate. 

I'm sure it has nothing to do with our Offensive Coordinator...

It does. 
It also has to do with the game plan - which falls on the HC.
(11-12-2023, 06:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 05:58 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it has nothing to do with our Offensive Coordinator...

It does. 

Ohhhh... So it's the HC you want to poop all over?

But when it was the OC, I was the moron that didn't understand football?

Even when I told you that Pederson was suspect for giving Taylor that much authority?

Bruh, you in shambles.

Just bend the knee, man.  I saw this coming 2 months ago.  And you were trashing me, you were insulting me.  You were trolling me.  You were goading me to argue with you.

And now here you are.  Calling out the HC?  LOL.  I guess I should enjoy this.  But I don't.  I just wish you'd be more humble to understand that people that disagree with you actually have a perspective you may need to consider to be an objective person.
(11-12-2023, 06:11 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 06:03 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It does. 

Ohhhh... So it's the HC you want to poop all over?

Even when I told you that Pederson was suspect for giving Taylor that much authority?

Bruh, you in shambles.

Just bend the knee, man.  I saw this coming 2 months ago.  And you were trashing me, you were insulting me.  You were trolling me.  You were goading me to argue with you.

And now here you are.  Calling out the HC?  LOL.  I guess I should enjoy this.  But I don't.  I just wish you'd be more humble to understand that people that disagree with you actually have a perspective you may need to consider to be an objective person.

I'm not pooping all over anything. (well, maybe your football acumen) 

Is the HC not responsible for the game plan?

It wasn't a good plan today. 

That should be very simple for even you to understand.
(11-12-2023, 06:35 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-12-2023, 06:11 PM)carp8dm Wrote: [ -> ]Ohhhh... So it's the HC you want to poop all over?

Bruh, you in shambles.

I'm not pooping all over anything. (well, maybe your football acumen) 

Is the HC not responsible for the game plan?

It wasn't a good plan today. 

That should be very simple for even you to understand.

Hey, if you love Press Taylor, just say it.

I think Pederson is the better coach. 

But clearly, you're football acumen for defending Press is the more important one.

Good for you.  Keep defending Press Taylor.  That's a great hill to die on!!!

LOL!!  NYCJags is all of sudden hating on Pederson when he spent September, October, and half of November defending Press Taylor!!!!

So I guess Press Taylor is better than Doug Pederson???

What are you even talking about, NYCJags????  You lost yo mind?
Pages: 1 2