Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Relax. Jags are still a playoff team.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This was just the NFL doing several things here:

- Keeping the 49ers red hot.
- Following the NFL script done by the tremendously talented writers.
- Trolling Jaguar fans into believing their team is elite and will use this in talk shows to rub it in.

Now that this episode is done, the Jags will bounce back next week with a win.
Hopefully, we have a brutal schedule coming up and I'm not sure we are even as good as we were last year.
Not for long
I wouldn't be so sure about that. The Texans are a good team, our division isn't a lock anymore.
Days like today shouldn't and don't happen to good teams. Can always feel a slump and letdown game coming with this team and it always seems to happen at home. Not that we can't play meaningful games in the future this season, but we always gotta bounce back from some devastating loss and it stings as a fan to marinade in that all week.
Texans ate only 1 game behind us and their schedule is much easier
I would put money on the Texans winning the division
Ehh, Next week is a massive game now. If we can't put away a bad/mid Tennessee team next week I think the alarm needs to sound. If we don't win the division, we aint makin the playoffs. Texans about to be 5-4 as well, this team needs to get right and get right now. Help is not on the way.
(11-12-2023, 05:13 PM)Ordar Wrote: [ -> ]I would put money on the Texans winning the division

Yea the way they just won at Cincy,  they're gonna have momentum and are playing well beyond their years.  We're back to reeling and making football look really really hard.
How come Stroud never gets sacked?
We just lost 34-3 coming off a bye.

Shut the [BLEEP] up.
(11-12-2023, 05:15 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]How come Stroud never gets sacked?

Pocket awareness, extending plays. O line is also playing better in HOU.
Time in pocket

Trevor - 2.0 sec
CJ - 2.4 sec
Ignore the sky is falling doom merchants. They were saying the same when we were 1-2. 

This is still a young team that's learning how to be a 13 win team. Were just 2 years away from a #1 pick team. Today was bad, real bad and the Niners come out swinging.

I still have faith in this team and think games like today are those rough days that you learn from.

Plenty to work on, plenty to improve but we go again next Sunday.
I think pederson needs to take control of the offense
Stroud has played consistently better than Trevor has ever played.
Doug keeps Press calling plays so he can get fired like in Philly
(11-12-2023, 05:15 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]How come Stroud never gets sacked?

They're a good team. And they've got a fun offense and play hard. Admittedly it's personal preference but I like watching power running teams that throw the ball down the field. I don't love watching horizontal offenses and short passing. Its impressive the Texans are able to keep stroud clean. They do a lot of deep drops with long developing plays. 

Still think the jags can win the division though. Offense will have to be better and more consistent.
and the Browns win in Baltimore. The AFC is a freaking mess.
(11-12-2023, 05:20 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]I think pederson needs to take control of the offense

It's not gonna Pederson already lost one job for Press, don't know why he wouldn't do it again even though that's clearly the biggist change from last year to this year.

I honestly feel like if Press doesn't get better then Prederson will be out of a job again at the end of next year.
We need Zay Jones back bad
The way of the Jaguar is to torture the fans. Did we believe we were set at offensive line this year? The front office did what they did and no the team is what it is.

Could I see the Texans taking the division? Sure can because that is a very #becausejaguars thing to do. I really, really hope this offense snaps out of this 2023 dull drums and actually does something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6