Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Agnew on IR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jamal Agnew has been placed on IR this morning. 

Parker Washington off IR to active roster.
Prolly the last of Agnew. He was nice tho
(11-18-2023, 04:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Prolly the last of Agnew. He was nice tho

Yea, it was nice to have an exciting and dangerous return man. Likely will be salary cap casualty next season.
St will suffer. But I can’t be the only one who is slightly relieved we won't see him targeted on a third and long. Even if zay isn’t back, I’d rather cooks or jones get reps over him.

If I was a D coordinator I would try and funnel the game through him the same way the saints did. Double Ridley and shut down the run and leave him in loose coverage. YAC will disappear and the chance of fumble increases significantly. At least that’s how I see it.
(11-18-2023, 05:37 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]St will suffer. But I can’t be the only one who is slightly relieved we won't see him targeted on a third and long. Even if zay isn’t back, I’d rather cooks or jones get reps over him.

If I was a D coordinator I would try and funnel the game through him the same way the saints did. Double Ridley and shut down the run and leave him in loose coverage. YAC will disappear and the chance of fumble increases significantly. At least that’s how I see it.

Yup, will miss him on ST, but glad he wont be running routes and fumbling the ball anymore on Offense.
7 TDs and he’s not even an offensive starter. More than Engram and Ridley combined, in a Jaguars uniform. He will go down as 1 of the greatest return men the Jaguars has ever had, next to Barlow.

Still the only Jaguars WR to ever score a rushing TD.
I hope they might get him back on a fair contract. Hope. Yes, he was a gift and a curse sometimes on offense. That fumble vs the chiefs in the play offs hurt.
Shame. The play where he went out, the 49er defender belly flopped on him late too and crunched him into the ground. Completely unnecessary.
This is a major loss on special teams.
I would not be surprised to see him back on the team next year as coming off an injury could cool his market.
(11-18-2023, 06:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]7 TDs and he’s not even an offensive starter. More than Engram and Ridley combined, in a Jaguars uniform. He will go down as 1 of the greatest return men the Jaguars has ever had, next to Barlow.

Still the only Jaguars WR to ever score a rushing TD.

Cool stats. Perfect example of stats not telling the whole story of a players contribution. Was he a threat as a returner? Absolutely, one of the best. Did he have a tendency to fumble while trying for YAC? Absolutely, one of the best(second only to bigsby).

I’m not blaming you specifically either JF24. It’s more of annoyance when people who don’t watch our games in national media say [BLEEP] like this and use it down play Ridley or engram(not saying they do this exact comparison, just in general). You know if he was the #1 receiver and engram or Ridley were not on the field it would be a very different situation.
Well he wasn't running with the same juice for the last several weeks. Washington has shown some flashes though.
(11-19-2023, 08:59 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]Well he wasn't running with the same juice for the last several weeks.  Washington has shown some flashes though.

What flashes has Washington shown?   The only thing I want to seem him do is fair catch every punt.  Field it so it doesn't roll out of bounds within the 20 yard line.

That's all.

We have way better receiving options and I don't want to see him getting WR reps at all.
(11-19-2023, 10:05 AM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2023, 08:59 AM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]Well he wasn't running with the same juice for the last several weeks.  Washington has shown some flashes though.

What flashes has Washington shown?   The only thing I want to seem him do is fair catch every punt.  Field it so it doesn't roll out of bounds within the 20 yard line.

That's all.

We have way better receiving options and I don't want to see him getting WR reps at all.

He flashed a draft pick used on him, the only reason he is still on the roster

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk