Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Jaguars vs Titans Gameday***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
The Jaguars played their first regular-season game against Houston. They also got their first ever regular-season win against Houston when Desmond Howard scored to put the Jaguars up 17-16. This is a game where records don’t matter. 

The Titans kept the Jaguars out of the Super Bowl in 1999, and have wrecked many seasons. The Jaguars have played the Titans/Oilers 57 times. The Titans lead the all-time series 34-24.

The Jaguars swept the Titans in 2022.

The Jaguars come are 6-3 and are in first place in the division but the Texans and Colts both have 5 wins and are still hanging around. The Titans are 3-6 and are hanging by a thread.

Weather Report: 77 perfect for football.

Few games of note: Cardinals@Texans, Eagles@Chiefs.   

*Colts on a bye week
Big game for tlaww here hopefully
Offense needs to be better today and i think they will be.
Go jags!
(11-19-2023, 06:58 AM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]Offense needs to be better today and i think they will be.

Yeah, the other defense isn't the 49ers, so they will probably look a little better, but the tittians are another team that's strongest where the Jags are weakest. I think tge good guys' defense is superior though, so another hard fought game in the making.
Jags have to find a way to win today.
I have a gut feeling we are entering a slump. Really hope that isn't the case.
This feels like a must win already. Spero Dedes on the call... this has the makings of another letdown. The Tacks suck though.. we have to respond from last week. Time to wake the heck up.

The only player out for us I believe is Tyson Campbell. Zay is questionable..

(11-19-2023, 08:53 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]I have a gut feeling we are entering a slump. Really hope that isn't the case.

Yep,  that sixth sense is kicking in for me too.  Feels like I'm watching a train wreck while on the train.
This will be a bellwether game for the team in how they respond to last week. It will be concerning if they walk away with an L or ugly W.
(11-19-2023, 08:53 AM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: [ -> ]I have a gut feeling we are entering a slump. Really hope that isn't the case.

I have the same feeling.  Last Sunday's game was a disaster, the kind of thing some teams don't get over quickly.   I don't know where this team is mentally after a game like that.  There's also the possibility the 49ers exposed a major weakness other teams will try to exploit.
(11-19-2023, 09:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

I have the same feeling.  Last Sunday's game was a disaster, the kind of thing some teams don't get over quickly.   I don't know where this team is mentally after a game like that.  There's also the possibility the 49ers exposed a major weakness other teams will try to exploit.

Sometimes a team needs to be “exposed”, so that the team can self correct.
Run the damn ball!

I just rewatched the Steelers vs. Packers game and the Steelers looked like an entirely different team since we played them because they have committed to running the football. It takes a ton of pressure off their offensive line and their QB. ETN and D'Ernest can take a ton of pressure off the offensive line and Trevor. Run the ball.
(11-19-2023, 10:17 AM)AnOldBrownie Wrote: [ -> ]Run the damn ball!

I just rewatched the Steelers vs. Packers game and the Steelers looked like an entirely different team since we played them because they have committed to running the football.  It takes a ton of pressure off their offensive line and their QB.  ETN and D'Ernest can take a ton of pressure off the offensive line and Trevor.    Run the ball.

Yes. Run D’ernest Johnson. He needs to be utilized more.

I just rewatched the Steelers vs. Packers game and the Steelers looked like an entirely different team since we played them because they have committed to running the football.  It takes a ton of pressure off their offensive line and their QB.  ETN and D'Ernest can take a ton of pressure off the offensive line and Trevor.    Run the ball.
It’s really easy to run the ball against the Packers who are horrible against the run.

Much harder to do against good defenses.
Jags win today.
(11-19-2023, 10:33 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]

It’s really easy to run the ball against the Packers who are horrible against the run.

Much harder to do against good defenses.

True.

Steelers averaged 5.5 yards against that same Titan rushing defense.   Are the Titans good defensively?   They can be.   They've stopped the run against some good rushing teams.

The Steelers and the Colts could run on them.   I'm saying the Jags should be able to do similar if the team commits to 25 rushing attempts.
(11-19-2023, 10:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]What the Jaguars “experts” think about today’s game.

I thought the posters on this message board were the experts.
(11-19-2023, 10:45 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-19-2023, 10:09 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]What the Jaguars “experts” think about today’s game.

I thought the posters on this message board were the experts.

We are who the experts call on for professional opinions.
Ready for a big game from the offense today let's get it!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36