Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PFF grades vs tacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ezra Cleveland had 19 snaps and recorded the best pass block grade of all linemen

Walker Little clearly is a tackle and not a guard, LOL - so we'll see Cleveland there in Houston I think 

D"Ernest Johnson is our best RB in protection duty

Cam struggled in run blocking a bit

Farrell may be a better blocker than Strange at this stage

[Image: pff-grades-offense-week-11-v0-i8igqh0zij...ee2d01b097]

Defense :

Lloyd is on a tear

Herndon racks up his third good performance but only 21 snaps

Montaric Brown covered well

Travon better against run than pass but he was more disruptive than those numbers suggest to my eye

[Image: pff-grades-defense-week-11-v0-lnpvf7l2jj...0aff819e98]
Etienne has a better pass black grade than Johnson
Tre Herndon with the 2nd highest defensive grade and the highest graded defensive back.

Where’s them Herndon Haters?

Walker Little 2nd week in a row with the worst offensive grade and the worst offensive lineman grade. Ouch
I remember commenting that Lloyd was everywhere yesterday. He was a tackling machine. I remember one open field tackle he made solo that would of been a hug play for the titans. Glad to see the game is slowing for him.

Time to end the Walker Little at guard experiment. We traded for Cleveland so plug him there and make Walker Little the backup tackle for now.

Herndon maybe the most improved player along with Darius WIlliams

ETN under 4 yards a carry and still grading that high is a quesiton mark.
(11-20-2023, 08:47 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I remember commenting that Lloyd was everywhere yesterday. He was a tackling machine. I remember one open field tackle he made solo that would of been a hug play for the titans. Glad to see the game is slowing for him.

Time to end the Walker Little at guard experiment. We traded for Cleveland so plug him there and  make Walker Little the backup tackle for now. 

In regards to ETN it probably has to do with yards gained over expected. Our offensive line is absolute dog **** at run blocking.
(11-20-2023, 08:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Etienne has a better pass black grade than Johnson

In that game...
Our Run Block has been sus all year, ETN has either broken one or been tackled in the backfield theirs no inbetween lol
(11-21-2023, 01:45 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Our Run Block has been sus all year, ETN has either broken one or been tackled in the backfield theirs no inbetween lol

Umm, yeah there are about 977 posts stating how bad the line is in both phases of blocking - but glad you've caught up to the reality

there is apparently an in between
(11-21-2023, 12:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-20-2023, 08:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Etienne has a better pass black grade than Johnson

In that game...

Great! Let's keep him out there for every play!  Rolleyes
(11-20-2023, 08:47 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]I remember commenting that Lloyd was everywhere yesterday. He was a tackling machine. I remember one open field tackle he made solo that would of been a hug play for the titans. Glad to see the game is slowing for him.

Time to end the Walker Little at guard experiment. We traded for Cleveland so plug him there and  make Walker Little the backup tackle for now. 

I agree about Cleveland.
(11-21-2023, 12:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

In that game...

Yes, the title of the thread is PFF grades vs the tacks
I like seeing Cleveland's snap count. I hope at some point they consider doing something like Little at TE - Robinson at LT - Cleveland at LG in certain situations. Run it a few times to get a defense thinking but man that little formation could set up nicely for a fake to the right or some type of reversal.
(11-20-2023, 08:24 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Tre Herndon with the 2nd highest defensive grade and the highest graded defensive back.

Where’s them Herndon Haters?

Walker Little 2nd week in a row with the worst offensive grade and the worst offensive lineman grade. Ouch

I was one of the many Herndon haters who desperately wanted the team to draft a nickel-back earlier than they did. Credit goes to Mike Caldwell for maximizing his strengths (blitzing) this season. Herndon's limitations in coverage are still likely to show up at times, but he has definitely proven the "Herndon haters" wrong this season.
I haven't watched the all 22 yet and didn't see Shatley from the stands on Sunday - Did anyone notice how his 8 snaps happened?

They were all run blocking. Was he used as a "TE/additional OL" on short yardage, or did they just put him in late in the fourth?
I graded Trevor higher this week, I gave him a B+, 77 is still a great PFF score but considering how this season has gone, that performance Sunday was damn good. I really hope he can keep it going, there were a couple of plays he was using his eyes to move guys open. It was beautiful, it's been missing(for the most part) in his game and he finally looked like a good QB again. I am so hyped to see if he can string together a bunch of games like the last one.
(11-21-2023, 08:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2023, 12:07 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]In that game...

Yes, the title of the thread is PFF grades vs the tacks

It is. 
My statement was intended to describe the players' body of work so far. DJ is a better pass protector in general. 

Not that we needed much fodder to sow doubt on PFF grades, but ETN's first attempt to pass block Sunday was pretty bad and likely caused TL to rush this wide pass (forced to punt after this)  TL also had Engram open underneath if he had time to check his route. (of course Key beat Cam on that rep too, so he'd likely have been contacted as he threw the ball if he looked underneath)

ETN needs to be able to hold off a 190 lb CB on a blitz better than that IMO

[Image: ETNblock.gif]
(11-21-2023, 06:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2023, 08:04 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the title of the thread is PFF grades vs the tacks

It is. 
My statement was intended to describe the players' body of work so far. DJ is a better pass protector in general. 

Not that we needed much fodder to sow doubt on PFF grades, but ETN's first attempt to pass block Sunday was pretty bad and likely caused TL to rush this wide pass (forced to punt after this)  TL also had Engram open underneath if he had time to check his route. (of course Key beat Cam on that rep too, so he'd likely have been contacted as he threw the ball if he looked underneath)

My point is it was a odd time to post "

D"Ernest Johnson is our best RB in protection duty" when Etienne had the highest score of any player in pass protection and maybe the highest of his for the season
(11-21-2023, 11:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't watched the all 22 yet and didn't see Shatley from the stands on Sunday - Did anyone notice how his 8 snaps happened?

They were all run blocking. Was he used as a "TE/additional OL" on short yardage, or did they just put him in late in the fourth?

the last part of the game they put backups in and ran 8 or 9 plays with CJ, Tank and back up OL.
(11-21-2023, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2023, 06:19 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]It is. 

My point is it was a odd time to post "

D"Ernest Johnson is our best RB in protection duty" when Etienne had the highest score of any player in pass protection and maybe the highest of his for the season

Oh, I understood your point.

That is why I'm showing you why I posted it.  I didn't notice ETNs pass pro grade at all when I typed that comment. But I've watched him try to protect and it is often not good.

(11-21-2023, 06:33 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2023, 11:44 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't watched the all 22 yet and didn't see Shatley from the stands on Sunday - Did anyone notice how his 8 snaps happened?

the last part of the game they put backups in and ran 8 or 9 plays with CJ, Tank and back up OL.

Thanks.
Makes sense.
(11-21-2023, 01:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2023, 01:45 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Our Run Block has been sus all year, ETN has either broken one or been tackled in the backfield theirs no inbetween lol

Umm, yeah there are about 977 posts stating how bad the line is in both phases of blocking - but glad you've caught up to the reality

there is apparently an in between

I'm sorry but are you drunk or stupid? What part of this comment made you think I just realized the line sucks? I just said it's been bad all year. Donkey.
Pages: 1 2