Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars most improved player from last year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My pick is a rookie that struggled big time last year. He was so bad he was benched last year. He reminds me of the instincts of former Jaguar Telvin Smith. Slips blocks, makes open field tackles, good in coverage. a guy who is a complete 180 from last year. My pick is Jaguars Devin Lloyd.
100%. Devin Lloyd.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/TravisDHolmes/status...VxYpA&s=19

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Devin Lloyd, definitely. He was very frustrating to watch last year. Darius Williams has also looked great.
Definitely Lloyd. Runner up is Travon/ET
Lloyd is the obvious choice but since everyone else picked him I'll go with andre cisco.
there are a few for me

Devin Lloyd
Tre Herdon
Darrious Williams
WIngard
Travon Walker
Etienne

all of these dudes are playing really good football and above what they were doing last year.
I think it would have been Gregory Junior if he hadn’t gotten injured. He is a very gifted and fluid athlete who really popped in training camp and the preseason.

Lloyd, ETN and Travon have all improved dramatically this year and are vital components of our young core going forward. Lloyd and ETN make everything look so easy and have the Want to dominate which is a fundamental aspect to winning in football. Travon’s physicality allows us to run the defensive scheme that we run.

Montaric Brown needs to be singled out for his contributions on the field. He has worked his tail off and has played some great ball and has filled in admirably when called into action.

Mike Caldwell has done an exceptional job as defensive coordinator and has been our 2nd best coach on the team behind Pederson. He truly has his fingers on the pulse of his players and has really excelled and putting his players in the best position to succeed. His units have suffered injuries and just go about their business with the next man up mentality and rarely miss a beat. Blackson has been a surprise and Gotsis is having his best year on the team.
A lot say Lloyd yet he missed all of training camp and most of preseason yet e was Rookie of the month in September and he flashed his talents at the beginning of last year. Trading up for Lloyd who i thought was the best player on the board at the time was one of my favorite draft moves these last few years.
Lloyd gets my vote with the collective secondary getting a mention they've been steady despite backups being called up
Lloyd is an easy pick for most improved.
I don't know how much he improved since he didn't really play as a rookie, but to my eyes, Montaric Brown has been surprisingly good filling in for Campbell.
Lloyd looks he'll be a perennial pro-bowler. Turns out moving up to get him was a very smart move.
I hope next year we are saying this about Anton Harrison and Walker Little

It's time we developed some promising offensive linemen in Duval - haven't seen enough of that
Lloyd and Travon. Also D Williams was solid last year but hes been insane this year.

Josh Allen has been more effective
It's been Lloyd and it's not even close.
With all of the hate Herndon has received in the past he deserves some recognition.
Lloyd bya bit. Travon however is coming on
(11-23-2023, 01:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I hope next year we are saying this about Anton Harrison and Walker Little

It's time we developed some promising offensive linemen in Duval - haven't seen enough of that

Your lips to God's ears, man.  Let's hope.

I wish Fortner was on today's list! So does Trevor.
https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/lists/i...aft-class/

Looking at who was drafted there, it's so nice to see our 2 1st rounders really come into there own in there 2nd year.
We also have greg junior and Brown developing really well for depth

As for those middle picks......mmm yea

Unless fortner is a late bloomer...
Idk
(11-29-2023, 07:15 AM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/lists/i...aft-class/

Looking at who was drafted there, it's so nice to see our 2 1st rounders really come into there own in there 2nd year.
We also have greg junior and Brown developing really well for depth

As for those middle picks......mmm yea

Unless fortner is a late bloomer...
Idk

Fortner, Muma & Conner (With two picks traded to move up to get him) were wastes of value picks. Wouldn't be surprised if Muma is eventually traded in the off season to recoup some picks to fit other areas of need. Especially if they end up extending Oluokon at some point to ensure he retires a Jaguar. 

Fortner's probably going to be replaced in the off season and kicked to the bench. It will not shock me one bit once free agency starts and we're linked to at least one of the top two, three Centers available. If we don't land one that way? It's happening in the draft probably before day three. 

Conner is just another RB that Baalke continues to chase. It's like the guy grew up a Denver Broncos fan and he's infatuated with landing the next Terrell Davis or something. It's not going to happen and Bigsby's selection back in April is further proof of this unicorn he continues to chase. 

I think we should stick to finding developed/underused RB's in free agency. We had better luck with Hasty and Johnson than we did with Conner and Bigsby. Just stupid really.
As everyone else has already noted, it's by far Lloyd. That's what you want from your first round guys - a good start, but significant improvement in year two. Last year it would have to have been TLaw or ETN. If it's Harrison next year, we'll be in remarkable shape.

I'll give a nod to Foley, too. He's a much different player this season now that he's not nursing a nagging injury. His improved play has benefited the other interior guys like RRH and Smoot.
Pages: 1 2