Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Time to find out what we are made of
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The NFL is an incredibly tough league, played by tough people. The talent level across-the-board makes winning week to week challenging. One missed field goal is all it takes to lose a game. We find ourselves in a very difficult position, having lost our franchise QB for at least several weeks more than likely. Our defense was just exposed. We lost our number one receiver. Can Doug now rally the team and finish this thing out? We are still in the division lead. This is the best position we’ve been in, even with a loss, in a long time. Doug has shown he can do this. Let’s see what happens. What do you guys think? Can Doug right this ship after we took a torpedo?
Smoke and mirrors. If you can to stop the run and can't convert on 3rd and short your made of smoke and mirrors. It's about this time of the year the tricks stop working
I think defense comes out and has a great game Sunday. They’re embarrassed.

Now will that lead to a win? Man who knows but I think they come out firing.
(12-05-2023, 08:45 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]I think defense comes out and has a great game Sunday. They’re embarrassed.

Now will that lead to a win? Man who knows but I think they come out firing.

As they should be
(12-05-2023, 08:44 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Smoke and mirrors. If you can to stop the run and can't convert on 3rd and short your made of smoke and mirrors. It's about this time of the year the tricks stop working

They scored 31 points and the offense looked about as good as it's looked this year. ETN was ineffective again this week and the passing game and TLAW in short yardage carried the whole thing. We just simply don't have enough strength on either side of the trench to smash out a running game and now the injuries are going to take their toll on an otherwise promising sesason.
Browns and Ravens have the #1 and #2 ranked defenses respectively in the NFL. Nothing is easy in the NFL. It's especially not easy when you're tasked with playing the premier defenses in this sport.

I am not going to get my hopes up. Much like the coach is often credited for, he doesn't get too high, but, he also doesn't get too low. Do I think we'll win this division without Lawrence? No. Do I think this team can get lucky and do just enough to win with a good record and earn a 5th - 7th seed? Absolutely.

I don't think they'll win any of the "easy" games but they shouldn't get beat every week like they did last night neither. I think we'll see the offense continue to push the football downfield when they can. I think they'll try and redeem themselves defensively like they tend to do.

We'll be okay I think. If they can ride it out until maybe week 16, week 17? I think that's when we might see Lawrence back out there.
This is what a team in the building phase looks like. We’re 8-4 and are still in contention to make the playoffs. Compared to what we were and have been, I’m content. Am I disappointed right now? Yup. But I also remember what a complete dumpster fire this organization was just 48 months ago.

Momma said there’ll be days like this
Momma said
Momma said
CJ Beathard looked okay last night after no practice reps during the week.  We still have a one game lead and the tiebreakers.  If we go 2-3 in the next 5 games, and the Texans or Colts go 3-2, we still win the division.  

It'll be interesting to see what comes next.

(12-05-2023, 08:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]This is what a team in the building phase looks like. We’re 8-4 and are still in contention to make the playoffs. Compared to what we were and have been, I’m content. Am I disappointed right now? Yup. But I also remember what a complete dumpster fire this organization was just 48 months ago.

Momma said there’ll be days like this
Momma said
Momma said

That's a good perspective.
As a side note, Campbell looked a step slow out there his first game back. I assume he'll be better next week, but he wasn't great in coverage
(12-05-2023, 09:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]As a side note, Campbell looked a step slow out there his first game back. I assume he'll be better next week, but he wasn't great in coverage

Campbell and Hamilton had no business being out there last night. They were liabilities more than anything. Whether this team gets lucky or not. I really question whether or not Baalke should be back in this building next year, at least without another layer of reporting and decision making that can keep him in check or veto him. 

The lack of interior play for the past two years and overall quality of players on the trenches is coming back to bite this team severely in the [BLEEP] and it's shown up time and time again. It's only going to get worse as well. These next two games are GUT CHECKS for this franchise and coaching staff. 

You're talking about two of the very best overall defenses in the NFL, back-to-back. Short week to prepare without Lawrence, maybe no Kirk, maybe no Little. Then, you have to come back home for another primetime game on Sunday night to play another AFC team that's pushing heavily for the one seed. 

So, fun times ahead I guess.
(12-05-2023, 09:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2023, 09:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]As a side note, Campbell looked a step slow out there his first game back. I assume he'll be better next week, but he wasn't great in coverage

Campbell and Hamilton had no business being out there last night. They were liabilities more than anything. Whether this team gets lucky or not. I really question whether or not Baalke should be back in this building next year, at least without another layer of reporting and decision making that can keep him in check or veto him. 

The lack of interior play for the past two years and overall quality of players on the trenches is coming back to bite this team severely in the [BLEEP] and it's shown up time and time again. It's only going to get worse as well. These next two games are GUT CHECKS for this franchise and coaching staff. 

You're talking about two of the very best overall defenses in the NFL, back-to-back. Short week to prepare without Lawrence, maybe no Kirk, maybe no Little. Then, you have to come back home for another primetime game on Sunday night to play another AFC team that's pushing heavily for the one seed. 

Hamilton did not look good at all.  On the Bengals' first TD, they ran right at him and the offensive line easily pushed him out of the way.  It's a mystery what has happened to him.  He signed a big contract, and then he has this mysterious injury, and we're getting nothing for that investment.
Curses only work if you believe in them. As above, so below. When in doubt? Do some blow. If it snows? Well, that's how it goes. Innie, minnie, minny, moe. Pray to God folks, that CJ, doesn't play, like an Average Joe.
(12-05-2023, 08:49 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2023, 08:44 AM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Smoke and mirrors. If you can to stop the run and can't convert on 3rd and short your made of smoke and mirrors. It's about this time of the year the tricks stop working

They scored 31 points and the offense looked about as good as it's looked this year. ETN was ineffective again this week and the passing game and TLAW in short yardage carried the whole thing. We just simply don't have enough strength on either side of the trench to smash out a running game and now the injuries are going to take their toll on an otherwise promising sesason.

If the offense wasn’t on point, jags might have got blown out. That would have been more embarrassing.
(12-05-2023, 09:20 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2023, 09:09 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]Campbell and Hamilton had no business being out there last night. They were liabilities more than anything. Whether this team gets lucky or not. I really question whether or not Baalke should be back in this building next year, at least without another layer of reporting and decision making that can keep him in check or veto him. 

Hamilton did not look good at all.  On the Bengals' first TD, they ran right at him and the offensive line easily pushed him out of the way.  It's a mystery what has happened to him.  He signed a big contract, and then he has this mysterious injury, and we're getting nothing for that investment.

Yeah. It happens. This front office really hedged it's bets on Allen playing big in a contract year, which he has, they were hoping Walker would take a giant leap forward to compliment him, which, he's improved, but, not seeing that massive leap out of him yet. 

They then resigned Smoot, knowing he was coming back from injury. They knew Fatukasi had a hard time staying healthy. They resigned RHH who hasn't really given you what he gave you last year on defense. 

Other than that? That leaves Chaisson, who, in fairness, he's been giving you his best year so far. Never lived up to the first round hype but there's some signs of life out of him every four weeks. They drafted Lacy and Abdullah who have done zero, zilch, nadda as rookies.

They failed in securing Hunter, they failed in trading for any viable pass rusher on the edge or within the interior. They put too much stock in "what could be" instead of "what it actually is". This team wasn't going to make a serious, deep push in the post season to begin with based on their line issues, but, man, somebody has to answer for that when this season is over.
The score prediction threads are always funny. Gonna win by 3 TDs. Gonna destroy them lol. We played one of the most talented teams in the league last night with arguably the best WR corps and people thought we were going to destroy them. The Bengals don't have Burrow but they are still loaded with talent and have made the last 2 AFC championship games. People thought we were going to destroy the 49ers, the most talented team in the league imo. Always funny looking at the pre game predictions lol. We gonna kill the Browns 38- 10 lol

Slow and rusty

I can’t help but think Montaric Brown would have done better. He was inactive for this game. Is he injured or was he a healthy scratch?
(12-05-2023, 09:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The score prediction threads are always funny.  Gonna win by 3 TDs. Gonna destroy them lol.  We played one of the most talented teams in the league last night with arguably the best WR corps and people thought we were going to destroy them.  The Bengals don't have Burrow but they are still loaded with talent and have made the last 2 AFC championship games.  People thought we were going to destroy the 49ers, the most talented team in the league imo.  Always funny looking at the pre game predictions lol.  We gonna kill the Browns 38- 10 lol

Ironically, that last part in bold? Watch it happen. 

#BecauseJaguars
(12-05-2023, 09:27 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]The score prediction threads are always funny.  Gonna win by 3 TDs. Gonna destroy them lol.  We played one of the most talented teams in the league last night with arguably the best WR corps and people thought we were going to destroy them.  The Bengals don't have Burrow but they are still loaded with talent and have made the last 2 AFC championship games.  People thought we were going to destroy the 49ers, the most talented team in the league imo.  Always funny looking at the pre game predictions lol.  We gonna kill the Browns 38- 10 lol

The NFL overall is almost impossible to predict reliably. That is part of what makes it so great
(12-05-2023, 09:39 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]

Ironically, that last part in bold? Watch it happen. 

#BecauseJaguars

With how we've looked on the road compared to at home,  it really wouldn't surprise me exactly.  Not expecting it but it would be par for the course,  the Browns aren't good.  But they do play good defense at least at home,  the Rams ran all over them Sunday.
Pages: 1 2