Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: INJURY BUG - Week 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lawrence has a high ankle sprain - should know more in a few days (per Doug presser) 

Kirk has an abdominal strain or tear and will miss time while that heals. 
Designated out indefinitely. 

I missed the comment on Little.
Kirk out for the year
(12-05-2023, 01:37 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence has a high ankle sprain - should know more in a few days (per Doug presser) 

Kirk has an abdominal strain or tear and will miss time while that heals. 
Designated out indefinitely. 

I missed the comment on Little.

All I heard was the injury came earlier in the game... pretty sure he said he's day to day
(12-05-2023, 01:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Kirk out for the year

Yeah - Doug mentioned surgery at the end of that presser. 

That will take a long time to heal.

Any word on Fatukasi??

Little's injury is a hamstring strain - and Tre Herndon is in concussion protocol.
https://twitter.com/JStCyrTV/status/1732...90430?s=20

At this point - I'd sit Campbell indefinitely unless Brown starts getting lambasted. Tyson Campbell hasn't looked right this year in either return to the field after injury.
I think it's important to note that even if Kirk gets surgery, his season isn't over.
So I’m guessing we’ll get Kirk for the playoffs

I’m guessing Trevor plays vs the Ravens

Campbell needs to be put on IR at this point

Boy we are banged up
This team got beat up at the worst time. It is what it is. Next man up. With Kirk out for awhile I would really like to see Cooks out there more. Not Tim Jones. Not Parker Washington. Elijah [BLEEP] Cooks please.
What about Cisco? Is it Dewey time?

(12-05-2023, 02:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]This team got beat up at the worst time. It is what it is. Next man up. With Kirk out for awhile I would really like to see Cooks out there more. Not Tim Jones. Not Parker Washington. Elijah [BLEEP] Cooks please.

Parker Washington was coming up huge last night.  Even on the Beathard fumble,  right place right time.  Almost broke a kick return,  great concentration on the deflected TD grab.  He muffed a punt that almost cost us dearly but got it back that was the only bad play from the rookie.
(12-05-2023, 03:33 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]What about Cisco?  Is it Dewey time?

(12-05-2023, 02:54 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]This team got beat up at the worst time. It is what it is. Next man up. With Kirk out for awhile I would really like to see Cooks out there more. Not Tim Jones. Not Parker Washington. Elijah [BLEEP] Cooks please.

Parker Washington was coming up huge last night.  Even on the Beathard fumble,  right place right time.  Almost broke a kick return,  great concentration on the deflected TD grab.  He muffed a punt that almost cost us dearly but got it back that was the only bad play from the rookie.

I still want to see why Cooks, the only undrafted player, was ultimately kept on the final roster. That's all I am saying. What's the point of having him if you're not going to use him at some point? Let Beathard throw a couple of 50/50 balls up to him this Sunday.
Man, last night was brutal.... Good news about Lawrence as it sounds like there's a chance he misses just a game or two. Kirk likely out until playoffs, which really hurts this offense if the rookies do not step up (liked what we saw of Washington last night... ). Campbell, they might as well sit until he is fully healthy, even if it means until the playoffs. He just keeps getting banged up. Guess the news isn't nearly as bad as it looked like it might be last night, overall....

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk
(12-05-2023, 04:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2023, 03:33 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: [ -> ]What about Cisco?  Is it Dewey time?

I still want to see why Cooks, the only undrafted player, was ultimately kept on the final roster. That's all I am saying. What's the point of having him if you're not going to use him at some point? Let Beathard throw a couple of 50/50 balls up to him this Sunday.

I usually read into these scenarios a bit. Kinda "there's a reason why we aren't seeing this guy on Sunday and I highly doubt it's performance based bonuses in his contract"

If he's the best option, I absolutely believe he's out there over Washington or Tim. Not like they are gonna hamstring their own potential to move the ball just to keep him off tape.
(12-05-2023, 04:13 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]

Cooks will see the field now as someone has to replace a WR roster spot .... unless they try to go TE heavy so Pederson's kid can play

Yeah in Jaguars fashion with nepotism and friendship over talent, I'm guessing Cooks sits and they roll with 3 TE formations.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
I heard or read somewhere that Little was injured on some play before the play that he stepped on Trevors ankle, and as a result of that injury, he was easily pushed back into Trevor on the play that injured him (Trevor). If this is true, and Little hid this, this is a benchable offense, IMO.
(12-05-2023, 05:16 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]I heard or read somewhere that Little was injured on some play before the play that he stepped on Trevors ankle, and as a result of that injury, he was easily pushed back into Trevor on the play that injured him (Trevor). If this is true, and Little hid this, this is a benchable offense, IMO.

I agree, but if they said he was good to play the rest of the game it's still egregious but what do you do about it?

I wondered why he was pushed back so easily. Like he weighed 100lbs instead of 200+.
Etienne, Johnson and bigsby need to strap up
Does seem better than it looked last night. I turned the tv off after it was over feeling our season was essentially over. We still have hope, just need some of these guys to step up.

Where’s Antonio Johnson? With Herndon in the concussion protocol could we see go get some nickel snaps?
Pages: 1 2