Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Talking on the Driving Range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I often go to the driving range, sometimes I meet a friend out there, and we chat in between hitting balls.  So, question for all you golfers out there:  

If you are on the driving range, are you disturbed by other people having a chat with each other?  And is it wrong to talk on the driving range while other people are hitting balls?
(12-09-2023, 12:19 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I often go to the driving range, sometimes I meet a friend out there, and we chat in between hitting balls.  So, question for all you golfers out there:  

If you are on the driving range, are you disturbed by other people having a chat with each other?  And is it wrong to talk on the driving range while other people are hitting balls?

It doesn't bother me. Even others playing music doesn't bother me, which I've encountered before. The only thing which ever caused me to speak up was a guy with his unruly 6- or 7-year-old son who was lifting up the boundary rope trying to make people trip or catch their club during a swing. The dad acted like he was oblivious to it but judging from the son's behavior, dad was willfully creating a brat. You wonder, sometimes, what's going through a parent's head when they allow their children to negatively affect people around them and don't put them in check.
Nah, the range is relaxed and a place for socializing.
No, that's fine and I think should be encouraged. Golf should be fun and social, not stuffy.
[Image: Happy-Gilmore-gif-1.gif]
Nope. I sort of enjoy the cursing after each bad shot.