Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mahomes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like Mahomes, no one denies how good he is.  But he cries like a child when things don't go his way! That diminishes him some in my mind. There was nothing borderline about that off sides call.  They should yell at Toney not the refs. 

This reminds me of the Aaron Rodgers entitlement syndrome I sure hope Mahomes doesn't go down that path.

You think Swift is gonna write this into one of her songs?
I feel bad for him. They'd be damn near undefeated if his WRs (mainly Toney) weren't so terrible. He's thrown multiple game winning passes that just get flat out dropped.

I think him [BLEEP] about the call isn't the right move. He should be laying in to Toney for screwing it up yet again.
Imagine getting literally every call known to man your entire career and then getting this one to lose the game. The result is crying like a toddler. I am here for it to be honest
He's getting called out for it. I'm sure he wasn't just upset at the offsides call but all the calls from the last few weeks. He's just feeling life of every non-protected team in the league.
(12-11-2023, 10:42 AM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]I like Mahomes, no one denies how good he is.  But he cries like a child when things don't go his way! That diminishes him some in my mind. There was nothing borderline about that off sides call.  They should yell at Toney not the refs. 

This reminds me of the Aaron Rodgers entitlement syndrome I sure hope Mahomes doesn't go down that path.

You think Swift is gonna write this into one of her songs?

Yeah that was bush league on his part.  Then to double down in the press conference once he had apparently calmed down, not a good look.  He's gonna have a rough go of things once Kelce retires (or falls off the age cliff which is coming fast) and he has no more pieces on offense and has been drafting at the bottom of the round for so long that the cupboard is relatively bare.  Looking forward to more meltdowns on the sideline.
Now that hes taking up the majority of the salary cap and the Chiefs are on the way down, hes a big crybaby. Boo hoo, no one feels sorry for you or loves your team outside of KC, youre the new Patriots now.
It was an obvious penalty.  His whining was over the top bush league and Reid didn't help matters.

Quite honestly, they both owe an apology.

Will they?  Nope.
Patti has gotten extremely annoying, he cries like an entitled school girl.
Temper tantrums smh. The chiefs are super spoiled.
(12-11-2023, 05:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1734195936786587678

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status...3951546524
The entire OL except the C was in the backfield

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
The jawaan Taylor effect
(12-11-2023, 08:43 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2023, 05:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1734195936786587678

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status...3951546524
The entire OL except the C was in the backfield

They have only 4 on the line of scrimmage.  Center, 2 guards and a WR. Toney is almost lined up on the defensive side. The tackles and everyone else is in the backfield.  I believe the helmet is suppose to be even with the center's belt.

As far as the warning goes receivers normall will look at the sidelines and the refs will ok. Toney didn't do this so he got no warning.

The ref's side in the link.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/c...r-AA1llDQH
(12-11-2023, 09:26 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2023, 08:43 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]The entire OL except the C was in the backfield

They have only 4 on the line of scrimmage.  Center, 2 guards and a WR. Toney is almost lined up on the defensive side. The tackles and everyone else is in the backfield.  I believe the helmet is suppose to be even with the center's belt.

As far as the warning goes receivers normall will look at the sidelines and the refs will ok. Toney didn't do this so he got no warning.

The ref's side in the link.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/c...r-AA1llDQH
Belt doesn't mean back of the butt, it's the front of the belt, i.e. the legs of the center when he bends over. The OGs are too far off to have their head close to the front of his legs. OTs are barely in the OGs butt.

(12-11-2023, 11:07 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I feel bad for him. They'd be damn near undefeated if his WRs (mainly Toney) weren't so terrible. He's thrown multiple game winning passes that just get flat out dropped.

I think him [BLEEP] about the call isn't the right move. He should be laying in to Toney for screwing it up yet again.

Feel bad for him?  Lol.  We led the league in drops multiple years.  He has had arguably the GOAT TE all these years, he has a damn near elite defense, they justed drafted him WRs in the 2nd in back to back years, and he also has a top 5 oline.  The Chiefs are still loaded.  He's made some bad decisions and throws this year and we have as many wins as the Chiefs this year as bad as we are

Mahomes has as many rings as Eli Manning. It will be intesting to see if they can win another this year
(12-12-2023, 08:48 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2023, 11:07 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I feel bad for him. They'd be damn near undefeated if his WRs (mainly Toney) weren't so terrible. He's thrown multiple game winning passes that just get flat out dropped.

Feel bad for him?  Lol.  We led the league in drops multiple years.  He has had arguably the GOAT TE all these years, he has a damn near elite defense, they justed drafted him WRs in the 2nd in back to back years, and he also has a top 5 oline.  The Chiefs are still loaded.  He's made some bad decisions and throws this year and we have as many wins as the Chiefs this year as bad as we are

Mahomes has as many rings as Eli Manning.  It will be intesting to see if they can win another this year

Agreed, in fact I listened to both Mahomes and Reid's supposed apologies.  No where in there did THEY take responsibility for the off sides. They concentrated on apologizing for other things. A pretty transparent attempt to smooth things over with the ref's.   Reid went as far to say it was only inches minimizing the infraction.  So a non denial, denial in apology form.  I have to conclude they still believe no flag should have been thrown and Toney (13 million 4 year contract) had the right to line up as he did or it is required for the ref's to warn them. Since the flag was thrown as the ball was snapped there was no way for the ref's to know the results of the play.  So the only person taking greatness from anyone was the well paid Toney?
I just lost all the respect in the world for Mahomes after a classless act after the loss.

The guy needs humbling quick. Screw the chiefs. Hopefully we meet them in the playoffs and stomp them!
Mahomes' problem is he hasn't faced enough adversity if an 8-5 season has him going crazy. He needs some perspective.

The refs and the NFL really need to give him and fat [BLEEP] Andy some perspective.

A few sub .500 seasons in a row would help the dude, a lot.
(12-13-2023, 08:45 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Mahomes' problem is he hasn't faced enough adversity if an 8-5 season has him going crazy. He needs some perspective.

The refs and the NFL really need to give him and fat [BLEEP] Andy some perspective.

A few sub .500 seasons in a row would help the dude, a lot.
Would you say the same thing about Brady?
Mahomes is a special breed of athlete. Very rare gifts.

I'm sure having things go his way at nearly every turn professionally since being drafted has had some effect on his level of expectation. So - yeah - he may not be handling adversity with aplomb at the moment.

I imagine in time he may develop a bit more character in how he handles himself in those situations.

This instance showed a lack.
Pages: 1 2