Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dan Hicken preaching the truth.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Agree with all of it and love seeing it!

I read somewhere (maybe here?) that Doug called a gather round in the locker room at half time and only a few players stepped up. Did anyone else hear this? If it's true, it gives the appearance that Doug is losing the team.

I hope it's not true.
(12-26-2023, 02:41 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with all of it and love seeing it!

It's a 30 minute video. Can you give us the Cliff notes version?
(12-26-2023, 03:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere (maybe here?) that Doug called a gather round in the locker room at half time and only a few players stepped up. Did anyone else hear this? If it's true, it gives the appearance that Doug is losing the team.

I hope it's not true.

Someone said Bucky Brooks reported it. No idea how true it was but if he heard I'm guessing it means players didn't get involved and then when straight out and told a reporter.

Hope it's not true but doesn't sound good.
(12-26-2023, 03:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2023, 02:41 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]Agree with all of it and love seeing it!

Everyone sucks
"paraphrase": I'm sick and tired of these *beeping* L's on this *beeping* video board
(12-26-2023, 03:22 PM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2023, 03:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]It's a 30 minute video. Can you give us the Cliff notes version?

Everyone sucks
"paraphrase": I'm sick and tired of these *beeping* L's on this *beeping* video board

So just some venting?
The ideal scenario for this video would be just Khan and Baalke in the room while the TV plays. At the 22:50 mark, Shad Khan turns to Baalke, let's the video run for the next 30 seconds, rewinds it to 22:50 and lets it play again, all while never taking his eyes off Baalke. It will never happen, but I think this will light a fire under someone. If one of the top local sportscasters is openly disparaging everyone involved in the organization, then maybe it's time to take stock.
(12-26-2023, 03:35 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The ideal scenario for this video would be just Khan and Baalke in the room while the TV plays. At the 22:50 mark, Shad Khan turns to Baalke, let's the video run for the next 30 seconds, rewinds it to 22:50 and lets it play again, all while never taking his eyes off Baalke. It will never happen, but I think this will light a fire under someone. If one of the top local sportscasters is openly disparaging everyone involved in the organization, then maybe it's time to take stock.

He's absolutely RIGHT!
Doug has a few more games left to prove that he hasn't lost the locker room..

I don't think he has, I think there's been the perfect storm of [BLEEP] that hit all together with injuries being the main concern.

To me, it's injuries, play calling and execution.
(12-26-2023, 03:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]

He calls out the Qb,Gm,coaches,and the entire team. Watch it.
(12-26-2023, 06:49 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2023, 03:19 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]It's a 30 minute video. Can you give us the Cliff notes version?
He calls out the Qb,Gm,coaches,and the entire team. Watch it.

I agee 100%, its not one or the other.  Its all the above.  A few on here think its just the oline, lol.  Thats just one of the many problems.
Right now we can't block our tackle to save our lives. That's why we are losing.
Cam coming back could help. I think it will.
(12-26-2023, 03:18 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I read somewhere (maybe here?) that Doug called a gather round in the locker room at half time and only a few players stepped up. Did anyone else hear this? If it's true, it gives the appearance that Doug is losing the team.

I hope it's not true.

Bucky Brooks reported on it in the 3rd quarter on the radio broadcast. He said players were "lollygagging around" and were "disinterested in what anyone had to say." It gave the impression that Doug has lost the locker room.

(12-26-2023, 03:20 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope it's not true.

Someone said Bucky Brooks reported it. No idea how true it was but if he heard I'm guessing it means players didn't get involved and then when straight out and told a reporter.

Brooks is allowed in the locker room as part of the media team so he witnessed it himself is my understanding.
(12-26-2023, 11:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope it's not true.

Bucky Brooks reported on it in the 3rd quarter on the radio broadcast. He said players were "lollygagging around" and were "disinterested in what anyone had to say." It gave the impression that Doug has lost the locker room.

(12-26-2023, 03:20 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone said Bucky Brooks reported it. No idea how true it was but if he heard I'm guessing it means players didn't get involved and then when straight out and told a reporter.

Brooks is allowed in the locker room as part of the media team so he witnessed it himself is my understanding.

flsprtsgrl is worried about someone on a message board turning on Doug when i havent seen anyone that, yet he needs to worry about him losing the team. If anyone would know it would be Bucky Brooks. Cant blame it all on the players and make zero changes after what we have seen the last month
(12-26-2023, 03:27 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2023, 03:22 PM)jagshype Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone sucks

So just some venting?

Dan was calling a spade a spade. Dude was definitely in his feelings of frustration.
Sheesh, last years offense makes this year’s offense look like a high school week 1 offense.

The worst of this is Doug's interview. He once again blames the players. For the players, this gets old, and you can see him losing the team. Week after week the answers are the same. It all starts with the coaches and preparing the team to win and right now they continue to throw the same stuff out each week but expect it to be different.

No one has stepped up to lead the team. Trevor says it doesn't look like they practice and he doesn't do anything about it. He should be on the sideline demanding they get better. If it takes a sideline blow-up to do it, then oh well, at least we would see the players that want to play.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
A lot of trouble since the bye week
Pages: 1 2 3