Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texas border town fire department hemorrhaging $21,000 a day dealing with migrant-rel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Biden refuses to control the border, than we need to step up. Grab your rifles, shotguns, crossbows, or anything of that nature and let's go!!!!!

Texas border town fire department hemorrhaging $21,000 a day dealing with migrant-related calls

Eagle Pass emergency services go to Rio Grande daily to treat migrants, fire chief says

An Eagle Pass Fire Department first responder arrives at either the Rio Grande or a Customs and Border Protection (CPB) holding facility nearly every hour to address a migrant-related emergency, costing an extra $21,000 a day, according to the Texas city's fire chief.
"There's not a day where we don't go to the river's edge to transport patients, and the city swallows the cost," Fire Chief Manuel Mello told Fox News.
The Eagle Pass Fire Department has been averaging about 45 EMS calls a day — about 30 of them migrant-related — since mid-September, Mello said. Before that, a busy day would be around 30 calls in total.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-border-...ated-calls
If you have such a problem with it why don't go log off, take off the wig and make up, grab your guns and go down there yourself.
(12-30-2023, 12:38 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: [ -> ]If you have such a problem with it why don't go log off, take off the wig and make up, grab your guns and go down there yourself.

You're the type of person that would love to see this country destroyed from within. You can't have a country without borders and you can't just let towns, counties, and state services keep going bankrupt while this invasion is tolerated at the highest levels of the Federal Government.
(12-30-2023, 12:48 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2023, 12:38 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: [ -> ]If you have such a problem with it why don't go log off, take off the wig and make up, grab your guns and go down there yourself.

You're the type of person that would love to see this country destroyed from within. You can't have a country without borders and you can't just let towns, counties, and state services keep going bankrupt while this invasion is tolerated at the highest levels of the Federal Government.

I totally agree with the bolded part.
If these sanctuary cities want to receive these migrants, how about they also send these border towns some funds to deal with the extra needs their first responders have?
(12-30-2023, 02:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]If these sanctuary cities want to receive these migrants, how about they also send these border towns some funds to deal with the extra needs their first responders have?

They don't want to receive these migrants. 'Sanctuary City' was merely supposed to be an empty label for the sake of political posturing and as a symbol of their moral superiority. They're regretting it now.
(12-30-2023, 03:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2023, 02:12 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]If these sanctuary cities want to receive these migrants, how about they also send these border towns some funds to deal with the extra needs their first responders have?

They don't want to receive these migrants. 'Sanctuary City' was merely supposed to be an empty label for the sake of political posturing and as a symbol of their moral superiority. They're regretting it now.

That's news to Mike.. He not only fell for the okie-doke, he also fell for the banana in the tailpipe..
[Image: SjF3W.gif]

Why does he need to take off the wig and makeup? Seems pretty sexist. Or maybe just jealous?
(12-30-2023, 04:47 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2023, 03:58 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]They don't want to receive these migrants. 'Sanctuary City' was merely supposed to be an empty label for the sake of political posturing and as a symbol of their moral superiority. They're regretting it now.

That's news to Mike.. He not only fell for the okie-doke, he also fell for the banana in the tailpipe..

Whatever you say buddy.
I never thought the sanctuary city thing was a good idea.  I've always thought we need to make it easier to come legally and increase the punishment for coming illegally.
(12-31-2023, 12:30 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2023, 04:47 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]That's news to Mike.. He not only fell for the okie-doke, he also fell for the banana in the tailpipe..

Whatever you say buddy.
I never thought the sanctuary city thing was a good idea.  I've always thought we need to make it easier to come legally and increase the punishment for coming illegally.

Maybe you should vote Republican next time.
(12-31-2023, 08:37 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2023, 12:30 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever you say buddy.

Maybe you should vote Republican next time.

Maybe the Republicans should be for letting more people in legally.  You can't stop this leak with more duct tape.  You have to reduce the pressure in the line as well
(12-31-2023, 09:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2023, 08:37 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you should vote Republican next time.

Maybe the Republicans should be for letting more people in legally.  You can't stop this leak with more duct tape.  You have to reduce the pressure in the line as well

How have the Republicans thwarted more legal immigration?
(12-31-2023, 09:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2023, 08:37 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you should vote Republican next time.

Why don't you just come out of the closet and admit you're a liberal?   Everyone here knows it already.

Illegal immigration is no longer a leak, it's become a flood under the Biden administration, yet you blindly refuse to acknowledge his failure.  Common sense dictates a well-guarded, physical barrier is a key component.  Ending the "sanctuary" nonsense is another.  Both are dependent upon Presidential leadership with the political will to get the job done and Democrats don't have it.
(12-31-2023, 10:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2023, 09:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the Republicans should be for letting more people in legally.  You can't stop this leak with more duct tape.  You have to reduce the pressure in the line as well

How have the Republicans thwarted more legal immigration?

Trump reduced the number of slots available for legal immigration across the board, every opportunity he got.  Don't ask me something that Google can show you 10 times.
(12-31-2023, 12:06 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2023, 09:33 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe the Republicans should be for letting more people in legally.  You can't stop this leak with more duct tape.  You have to reduce the pressure in the line as well

Why don't you just come out of the closet and admit you're a liberal?   Everyone here knows it already.

Illegal immigration is no longer a leak, it's become a flood under the Biden administration, yet you blindly refuse to acknowledge his failure.  Common sense dictates a well-guarded, physical barrier is a key component.  Ending the "sanctuary" nonsense is another.  Both are dependent upon Presidential leadership with the political will to get the job done and Democrats don't have it.

You don't know me like that bro.  I agree that the situation at the border is a failure, but it's Congress's failure more so than Biden's failure or any other President's failure.  And before you clap back, I blame both parties in Congress. I was never opposed to a wall, but I also thought it was a lower priority.  The higher priority is restoring a sense of logic and fairness to who gets to come and who gets to stay.  Making sure that both the illegal migrants AND the people who hire them face severe penalties. Making sure we are quickly processing asylum claims before people arrive, and using monitoring such as ankle bracelets if we need to buy more time for that.  Then making sure there are more slots for people to come legally.  All of that is higher priority and will do more good than a wall
I don't know why they just don't make it known that they aren't answering calls within .5 miles of the border. It's technically under CBP and federal control for 50-100 miles, can't remember which one it is.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(12-31-2023, 10:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why they just don't make it known that they aren't answering calls within .5 miles of the border. It's technically under CBP and federal control for 50-100 miles, can't remember which one it is.

So they're just supposed to dump their actual residents who live in that zone?
(01-02-2024, 09:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2023, 10:48 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why they just don't make it known that they aren't answering calls within .5 miles of the border. It's technically under CBP and federal control for 50-100 miles, can't remember which one it is.

So they're just supposed to dump their actual residents who live in that zone?

It's not residents that are calling. Don't answer calls at the river or holding facility. The residents aren't going swimming or to the holding center anyway. The feds need to handle it or pay for the calls.

Better yet, send them the immigrants as they are currently doing.  I don't disagree with dispersing immigrants to sanctuary cities as the GOP reps are currently doing in some instances.   This is a win win situation in which sanctuary cities get to host immigrants in which they support and the immigrants can go to a place that they are really wanted.    Of course, I'm being sarcastic because we all know sanctuary cities wants immigrants in the US as long as it doesn't impact their city.