Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Media spent 2023 trying to convince Americans that economy is ‘booming’ under Biden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Media spent 2023 trying to convince financially strapped Americans that economy is ‘booming’ under Biden

'We have a lot of data showing that our economy is doing really well. But Americans are just not feeling it,' MSNBC host Chris Hayes said in July

A major trend among mainstream media outlets and pundits in 2023 was them attempting to convince Americans the economy has been doing well under President Biden.

A majority of Americans consistently tell pollsters that they believe the economy is doing poorly, however, leading to a disconnect of sorts as conditions on the ground don't appear to match with positive economic data like low unemployment and a booming stock market.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-spen...my-booming#
(12-30-2023, 11:56 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Media spent 2023 trying to convince financially strapped Americans that economy is ‘booming’ under Biden

'We have a lot of data showing that our economy is doing really well. But Americans are just not feeling it,' MSNBC host Chris Hayes said in July

A major trend among mainstream media outlets and pundits in 2023 was them attempting to convince Americans the economy has been doing well under President Biden.

A majority of Americans consistently tell pollsters that they believe the economy is doing poorly, however, leading to a disconnect of sorts as conditions on the ground don't appear to match with positive economic data like low unemployment and a booming stock market.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/media-spen...my-booming#

The article says that some people in the media wrote opinion pieces in 2023 about how the economy is doing better than people think.  Then the article quoted those people giving all the reasons why the economy is doing better than people think.  And that's it.  Nothing about why they are wrong to think that.  If I was a cynical person, I would think that Fox News reporter is a Democrat.  Because all he was quote a bunch of Democrat talking points.
Wages are going up and prices are stabilizing. I just got back from a very nice vacation. But a lot of people's lives were completely detailed by the inflation last year and two years ago, especially the rent inflation. If you had a nice cushion of savings or assets to get you through that inflation, you're better than ever. If the inflation made you tighten your belt, your belt is still tight.
For anyone who cares, stocks are looking nice. Gas prices are down and are trending down in 2024. Jobs are there if you want one. The biggest issue against Biden is his “age” and the border. You can nit pick the foreign policy if you like.
(12-30-2023, 04:18 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]For anyone who cares, stocks are looking nice. Gas prices are down and are trending down in 2024. Jobs are there if you want one. The biggest issue against Biden is his “age” and the border. You can nit pick the foreign policy if you like.

If you think the biggest issue with Biden is his age and border policy you haven't been paying attention.
(12-30-2023, 08:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2023, 04:18 PM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]For anyone who cares, stocks are looking nice. Gas prices are down and are trending down in 2024. Jobs are there if you want one. The biggest issue against Biden is his “age” and the border. You can nit pick the foreign policy if you like.

If you think the biggest issue with Biden is his age and border policy you haven't been paying attention.

There's a ton that dude hasn't been paying attention to.

Agree.
Inflation and housing costs are what paint the current economic picture of malaise. The economy isn’t crippling for people who are established with a career and homes. Younger and/or lower income people are struggling.
(12-30-2023, 08:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]

Please list the biggest issues that you imply, that are are within his control ....

The economy has avoided a recession (soft landing) as stocks boomed in 2023, inflation is down, unemployment is still relatively low.  I'd personally like to see him hand the torch to Gavin Newsom but Biden seems set on running for a 2nd term.
This current administration almost completely refuses to use the term "Bidenomics" anymore because they don't want Biden's name attatched to this atrocity lolol
(01-03-2024, 12:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Inflation and housing costs are what paint the current economic picture of malaise. The economy isn’t crippling for people who are established with a career and homes. Younger and/or lower income people are struggling.

Exactly.
(01-03-2024, 12:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Inflation and housing costs are what paint the current economic picture of malaise. The economy isn’t crippling for people who are established with a career and homes. Younger and/or lower income people are struggling.

Really?  When I go out in Atlanta and Jax Beach, all I see is younger people drinking $15 martinis and $7 IPAs.   I really don't see young people struggling much at all.  In reality, they are the ones getting the $60k-$100k jobs directly out of college.
(01-03-2024, 02:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Really?  When I go out in Atlanta and Jax Beach, all I see is younger people drinking $15 martinis and $7 IPAs.   I really don't see young people struggling much at all.  In reality, they are the ones getting the $60k-$100k jobs directly out of college.

Allow me to clarify: Younger and/or lower income people outside the limited worldview of HURRICANE!!! are struggling.
There's a ton going on outside of a certain sect's worldview.. That's just an example.
(01-03-2024, 03:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2024, 02:52 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Really?  When I go out in Atlanta and Jax Beach, all I see is younger people drinking $15 martinis and $7 IPAs.   I really don't see young people struggling much at all.  In reality, they are the ones getting the $60k-$100k jobs directly out of college.

Allow me to clarify: Younger and/or lower income people outside the limited worldview of HURRICANE!!! are struggling.

.... because Jax Beach and Atlanta are such exclusive cities Smile

in all seriousness, have you ever seen the 21-39 year old crowd in the Riverside, Town Center, or Jax Beach bars and restaurants?  I'm hanging out drinking $2 Yuengling specials and they're gulping down martini's and IPAs like we used to down Natty Lights back in the day.
(01-03-2024, 03:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2024, 03:06 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Allow me to clarify: Younger and/or lower income people outside the limited worldview of HURRICANE!!! are struggling.

.... because Jax Beach and Atlanta are such exclusive cities Smile

in all seriousness, have you ever seen the 21-39 year old crowd in the Riverside, Town Center, or Jax Beach bars and restaurants?  I'm hanging out drinking $2 Yuengling specials and they're gulping down martini's and IPAs like we used to down Natty Lights back in the day.

Younger people who got a good cushion from their parents and made sound financial and academic decisions are doing great! That's about half of them from what I can tell.  The other half, well...
(01-03-2024, 12:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2023, 08:42 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]If you think the biggest issue with Biden is his age and border policy you haven't been paying attention.

Please list the biggest issues that you imply, that are are within his control ....

The economy has avoided a recession (soft landing) as stocks boomed in 2023, inflation is down, unemployment is still relatively low.  I'd personally like to see him hand the torch to Gavin Newsom but Biden seems set on running for a 2nd term.

Are you mentally disabled?
(01-03-2024, 11:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2024, 12:23 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Please list the biggest issues that you imply, that are are within his control ....

Are you mentally disabled?

I've asked that a few times and never got an answer.
(01-03-2024, 11:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2024, 11:34 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you mentally disabled?

I've asked that a few times and never got an answer.

I'm not but as I understand americus 2.0, you do have a personal disability so, since your brought up disabilities as a sarcastic topic, perhaps you'd like to expand and joke around about your own personal disabilities and the fact that you are collecting checks from the government as a result.  Personally, I've never found disabilities to be a joking matter so I'm glad you can make light of it.
(01-04-2024, 11:41 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2024, 11:39 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I've asked that a few times and never got an answer.

I'm not but as I understand americus 2.0, you do have a personal disability so, since your brought up disabilities as a sarcastic topic, perhaps you'd like to expand and joke around about your own personal disabilities and the fact that you are collecting checks from the government as a result.  Personally, I've never found disabilities to be a joking matter so I'm glad you can make light of it.

I worked 35+ years of my life, my disability came only 10 or so years before retirement.. I'm getting what's owed and deserved to me. I put in for it all of those years and I'm receiving it.

You on the other hand, are a waste of space and offer nothing but delusions that are hurting our country. So that makes you the enemy.

So you can [BLEEP] off.. At least my disability wasn't self inflicted and driven by my own delusions.

Still dreaming about pictures of little children?
Pages: 1 2