Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars @ Titans talk, win and we’re in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Henry will be chomping’ at the bit. Need another big game from the defense to beat the Titans.

They might try a fake punt and some other trickery to try to ruin our season. Just find a way to win and see what happens in the playoffs.
Good thing were facing ryan tannerception.

I think mayo will be out.
This is the biggest game in years. This is a rare chance to go to the dance.
Get the broom
(01-01-2024, 09:42 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]This is the biggest game in years. This is a rare chance to go to the dance.
It’s the biggest game since yesterday…..

And last years finale against the tacks…. And the Chargers playoff game… and Chiefs game….
(01-01-2024, 03:43 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Henry will be chomping’ at the bit. Need another big game from the defense to beat the Titans.

They might try a fake punt and some other trickery to try to ruin our season. Just find a way to win and see what happens in the playoffs.

I really think you overestimate how invested those guys are going to be in this game. And Henry? 12 for 42 Henry? I don't think he's all that chomping at anything but the offseason buffet at this point. That team flat out quit yesterday, I have no reason to think they'll suddenly ramp up the intensity this week.
(01-01-2024, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2024, 03:43 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Henry will be chomping’ at the bit. Need another big game from the defense to beat the Titans.

I really think you overestimate how invested those guys are going to be in this game. And Henry? 12 for 42 Henry? I don't think he's all that chomping at anything but the offseason buffet at this point. That team flat out quit yesterday, I have no reason to think they'll suddenly ramp up the intensity this week.

The titans will be ready to play. we are going to have to stay locked in to win this.
(01-01-2024, 11:01 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2024, 10:24 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I really think you overestimate how invested those guys are going to be in this game. And Henry? 12 for 42 Henry? I don't think he's all that chomping at anything but the offseason buffet at this point. That team flat out quit yesterday, I have no reason to think they'll suddenly ramp up the intensity this week.

The titans will be ready to play. we are going to have to stay locked in to win this.

Why do you think that? Did you watch them play yesterday? That was a team ready for the offseason.
(01-01-2024, 11:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2024, 11:01 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]The titans will be ready to play. we are going to have to stay locked in to win this.

Why do you think that? Did you watch them play yesterday? That was a team ready for the offseason.

Nonetheless the Jags have to assume they play to win next Sunday.
It's a divisional game, with our play-off spot and divisional crown on the line for the second year in a row. It's on the road. This is not going to be an easy game, Vrabel is going to throw the kitchen sink offensively and defensively at this football team and it could basically come down to being grid locked in the 4th quarter until somebody on defense or offense makes a massive play. Just like last year.

I honestly like the fact that they have the clots and tinhorns playing on Saturday now, ahead of our match up on Sunday. Would be interesting to see how that unfolds beforehand. They had the right idea though against the Panthers. Get the ball out to your playmakers in Ridley and Engram, involve and figure out a way to get Etienne moving and do everything you can to keep Beathard's job nice and easy with some opportunities deep here and there.

Can't wait for this game though. As a fan? These are the games you live for and look forward to. True test of mettle. I think they can win again without Lawrence. Because the competition is weak enough to do so. It would be pretty sweet giving him another week to rest up for the play-off divisional game. We'll see. We need to load the box though and make Henry beat you and Tannehill beat you. That's the only way they win in my opinion.
GET

THE

BROOM
(01-01-2024, 12:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]It's a divisional game, with our play-off spot and divisional crown on the line for the second year in a row. It's on the road. This is not going to be an easy game, Vrabel is going to throw the kitchen sink offensively and defensively at this football team and it could basically come down to being grid locked in the 4th quarter until somebody on defense or offense makes a massive play. Just like last year.

I honestly like the fact that they have the clots and tinhorns playing on Saturday now, ahead of our match up on Sunday. Would be interesting to see how that unfolds beforehand. They had the right idea though against the Panthers. Get the ball out to your playmakers in Ridley and Engram, involve and figure out a way to get Etienne moving and do everything you can to keep Beathard's job nice and easy with some opportunities deep here and there.

Can't wait for this game though. As a fan? These are the games you live for and look forward to. True test of mettle. I think they can win again without Lawrence. Because the competition is weak enough to do so. It would be pretty sweet giving him another week to rest up for the play-off divisional game. We'll see. We need to load the box though and make Henry beat you and Tannehill beat you. That's the only way they win in my opinion.

It's definitely going to be a spoiler grudge match. The tacks will be pulling out all the stops. Of all games, this is the game where we need the D to show up.
(01-01-2024, 12:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I think they can win again without Lawrence. 

Have you heard/seen anything that leads you to believe they will have to?
(01-01-2024, 12:33 PM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2024, 12:24 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I think they can win again without Lawrence. 

Have you heard/seen anything that leads you to believe they will have to?

AC sprain in his throwing shoulder. Not sure how bad it was or currently is, but, healing time varies between days to weeks with ice, rest and meds. We'll see how the week goes along but I think with so much on the line? Do you risk throwing him out there again with limited practice and reps? Or, do you keep rolling with Beathard with two weeks of practice and reps with these guys in a row?

It's a tough call. I just think if they can get it done on defense and on the ground game while protecting the ball the tacks will do what the tacks have done all year and that's give up momentum plays and turnovers. 

Dream scenario?

Lawrence practices all week, Kirk is cleared back and starts practicing this week. The starters stay healthy, play clean football and slap the mayo out of the tack's mouths in the first half and are up 28 to 0 or 35 to 3. Some stupid high, out or range more than likely score, and, those guys all rest and get a nice little early celebration going as the stadium empties out and the back-up's finish the job.

Reality?

Slobber knocker, down to the final whistle. Somebody wins or dies by 3 points.
(01-01-2024, 11:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Why do you think that? Did you watch them play yesterday? That was a team ready for the offseason.

Oh they'll definitely come out of the gates fired up. We knocked them out of the playoffs last year and they'd love to knock us out too. The longer the game is close, the more intense it'll be. But if we jumped out to a lead I could see them packing their bags by the second half.
Lawrence should sit he has not helped this team at all, he has done more bad than good with careless turnovers. Fire up CJ - and if we cant beat one of the worst teams in the NFL we dont belong in the playoffs anyways.
Lawrence plays if he is healthy.
(01-01-2024, 01:26 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2024, 11:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
Why do you think that? Did you watch them play yesterday?
That was a team ready for the offseason.

Oh they'll definitely come out of the gates fired up. We knocked them out of the playoffs last year and they'd love to knock us out too. The longer the game is close, the more intense it'll be. But if we jumped out to a lead I could see them packing their bags by the second half.

Yesterday, there was no motivation as they were eliminated from the playoffs.  Vrabel knew that.  This week will be different to him and the team as long as it is close. They all remember last year.
Imagine Beat Hard played the rest of the season/playoffs and won us a championship just like Foles with Doug in Philly. Lol.
I watched the first 3 quarters of the game yesterday at a sports bar with the tacks/tinhorns game on the screen right next to the Jags game screen.

The tacks looked totally dysfunctional on offense.

Our Jags have shown they can play poorly against inferior competition, but this really ought to be one they can win if they limit mistakes for a second week in a row.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9