Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Let's talk about the positives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Like every football game, many good things happened. It is time to start thinking about what went right for us the improvement we are seeing, even if the players are days away from losing their jobs.

#52 Pullard made up for his offensive TD mistake by scoring a TD on defense. Th at 65 yards are worth staying up late for.

What a great catch by who? A relatively unknown player named Washington or Sterling.

On the other sideline, A.J. Green confirmed his knee injury "is not serious." That was good news.

This oughta be a short thread.
A coach needed to tell Pullard that he had to report. 

Nice fireworks and laser show at halftime.
1 thing I was impressed with was Beachum at LT. I was watching him the whole time he was in. Seemed stout.
I'm positive that the starters ruined my Sunday night.

No injuries. Assuming we do the the right thing and keep the starters out of the game on Thursday, this is the healthiest I can remember a Jaguars team going into week one.
Seems like we got out of it healthy. I think Gipson had a bruised knee, hopefully not serious. Beachum looked OK. 

While many are concerned about Joeckel at guard, think of it this way:

Beachum > Joeckel    Tackle

Linder > Wiz               Center

That leaves Joeckel ~ Beadles at Guard. While Joeckel didn't look good, it was his first start against a very good line. Beadles is a pretty low bar. Our line should be much better than last year.
Ham neck Henne delivered a truly inspiring performance for the ages.

#HennegivenSunday
Positives from first half:

Besides his first fumble as a Jag, Yeldon looks quick and shifty. I think he would be a top back in this league if he had that breakaway speed, but he clearly doesn't.

Kelvin Beachum. Looked very solid in his first start. Like a rock out there.

Allen Robinson. Caught everything thrown his way. Bortles was off almost all night.

Like the way Gipson was flying around. Why was Josh Evans in on that first TD???

Yannick Ngakoue. He seems like he's getting closer and closer to making some big time plays. Let's hope he keeps improving.

That's all I got.
If we can convince the Packers to go with their #2's we have a decent chance.

Quote:Like every football game, many good things happened. It is time to start thinking about what went right for us the improvement we are seeing, even if the players are days away from losing their jobs.

#52 Pullard made up for his offensive TD mistake by scoring a TD on defense. Th at 65 yards are worth staying up late for.

What a great catch by who? A relatively unknown player named Washington or Sterling.

On the other sideline, A.J. Green confirmed his knee injury "is not serious." That was good news.
Outside of fantasy purposes.... Who cares about AJ Green?
I actually like the offensive and defensive schemes. Certain players, like that cornerback and that linebacker, play it disciplined and have success. Same on O.

Special teams played better too.
I was able to go to sleep earlier than planned. It was a positive for me.

This should be fun.

In all seriousness, Beachum looked ok, thought House played well also. That's all i got folks.
On the positive side, at least I didn't have to pay for my entrance to the game last night

Hmmmm.
Quote:Seems like we got out of it healthy. I think Gipson had a bruised knee, hopefully not serious. Beachum looked OK. 

While many are concerned about Joeckel at guard, think of it this way:

Beachum > Joeckel    Tackle

Linder > Wiz               Center

That leaves Joeckel ~ Beadles at Guard. While Joeckel didn't look good, it was his first start against a very good line. Beadles is a pretty low bar. Our line should be much better than last year.

Joekel got flattened by Atkins a few times, but nobody gave up a sack.
Instead of worrying about the left side of the line, we only need to worry about LG.
Quote:Instead of worrying about the left side of the line, we only need to worry about LG.
And Geoff Schwartz just got released..... Time to put in a claim.
Pages: 1 2