Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has looked pretty shaky this entire preseason, penalties, blown coverages, missed tackles, over pursuing plays, running around instead of taking on blocks and blowing gap assignments. It hasn't been all bad but it needs to get a lot better.
Quote:Has looked pretty shaky this entire preseason, penalties, blown coverages, missed tackles, over pursuing plays, running around instead of taking on blocks and blowing gap assignments. It hasn't been all bad but it needs to get a lot better.

He seems to be all or nothing. One play an easy wiff or completed pass, next blow through the line for a TFL.
At times,he's a big liability pass coverage
He will settle down, its preseason no Roy Miller, I think we are seeing what a good player Roy is for us by not having him play.  Roy will give him room to run and free him up from Offensive linemen getting to the second level.

Telvin is the last of our worries. He had a shaky night, it happens. The guy played a pro-bowl level last year, and will pick it up when the season starts.

I guess Allen robinson is next. Someone start a thread about how he only caught one pass.

I would not worry about Telvin. He's a WLB. Poz is the one to worry about.
Telvin made a couple plays in the backfield tonight
He overrated by us
Tonight was a bad night for him. Band angles,bad play recognition and poor tackling.
Quote:Tonight was a bad night for him. Band angles,bad play recognition and poor tackling.

What is this, madden? Play Rec.

Dude just played crappie
Quote:What is this, madden? Play Rec.

Dude just played crappie

Do you think "play recognition" only exists in the video game?
This defense is horrible in the front 7 all the way around. He misses tackles in gaps that he isn't even supposed to be filling. Defensive line is non existent in the run game.

Every year he seems to srart slow and gets better as the season goes on