Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: FAA’s diversity push includes hiring people with intellectual’ and ‘psychiatr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Glad I don't fly..........

FAA’s diversity push includes focus on hiring people with ‘severe intellectual’ and ‘psychiatric’ disabilities

FAA says people with 'severe' disabilities are most underrepresented segment of federal workforce

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is actively recruiting workers who suffer "severe intellectual" disabilities, psychiatric problems and other mental and physical conditions under a diversity and inclusion hiring initiative spelled out on the agency’s website. 

"Targeted disabilities are those disabilities that the Federal government, as a matter of policy, has identified for special emphasis in recruitment and hiring," the FAA’s website states. "They include hearing, vision, missing extremities, partial paralysis, complete paralysis, epilepsy, severe intellectual disability, psychiatric disability and dwarfism."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/faas-diversit...sabilities#
(01-15-2024, 08:19 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Glad I don't fly..........

FAA’s diversity push includes focus on hiring people with ‘severe intellectual’ and ‘psychiatric’ disabilities

FAA says people with 'severe' disabilities are most underrepresented segment of federal workforce

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is actively recruiting workers who suffer "severe intellectual" disabilities, psychiatric problems and other mental and physical conditions under a diversity and inclusion hiring initiative spelled out on the agency’s website. 

"Targeted disabilities are those disabilities that the Federal government, as a matter of policy, has identified for special emphasis in recruitment and hiring," the FAA’s website states. "They include hearing, vision, missing extremities, partial paralysis, complete paralysis, epilepsy, severe intellectual disability, psychiatric disability and dwarfism."

The FAA needs people to stock supply closets and clean bathrooms just like any other organization.
(01-15-2024, 08:37 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-15-2024, 08:19 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Glad I don't fly..........

The FAA needs people to stock supply closets and clean bathrooms just like any other organization.

Pretty sure those are just airport employees.

That's why the Atlanta Airport employs the most people in the city of Atlanta. Otherwise it'd be a federal job.
I don't even know how some of those are employable.
(01-16-2024, 05:32 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't even know how some of those are employable.

They barely are, it's a community service to employ them.