Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone on here ever owned or have a Cadillac XLR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
?
Nope but worked on many of them what's up?
(02-04-2024, 08:32 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Nope but worked on many of them what's up?

My bad , just seen this.  Forgot I posted this on here lol.  My car was dying randomly, it was throwing some fuel codes.  I changed the fuel pumps, fuel pump control module and it still was doing the same thing.  Finally found a XLR certified mechanic and he found the issue, it was the wiring going to the fuel pump was damaged.  He fixed it and it has been running great since

Now to get the top fixed. These are the most complicated cars GM ever made. Hopefully I'll have no more issues for a while
Been waiting 2 weeks for the dramatic conclusion of this thread. It did not disappoint.
My diagnosis was going to be a broken pull rope.
(02-18-2024, 10:02 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Been waiting 2 weeks for the dramatic conclusion of this thread.  It did not disappoint.

I love the car and always wanted one when they came but I just couldn't afford one.  Most of the parts are discontinued now which sucks so if you need a module or something you just have to find a used one on Ebay or something.  It's fun to drive though, turns a lot of heads, and a great summer car.  Ive had it about 4 years now, I have a 04 with 55k miles on it.  The randomly dying on me went on for almost 2 years and I couldn't find a issue.  I took it to the Cadillac dealer in Pensacola, and took it to some of the best mechanics in town and nobody could find the issue.

The dealership in Pensacola tried to tell me it was the fuel pump or the module which I knew it wasn't, they wanted 3500$ to change the pump.  If the fuel pump or module was bad you wouldn't be getting any fuel at all and the car wouldn't run.  I knew it was an electrical issue, I thought it was one of the grounds.  I did end up changing the pump and module anyway though.   I was running out of issues but 2 years later I found the Cadillac dealership in Mobile Alabama had a certified XLR tech so I took it there and he figured it out.  It's a little over an hour away from my house but worth it.  After 2 years it's finally fixed.
Good find electrical issues are always fun to chase. Those control modules a super common though seen tons of those go bad.

Fyi stay away from the Chryslers they have the fuel pump relay integrated into the power distribution box (fuse box) they call it an ipdm runs you about $2000 when the fuel pump relay goes bad.
We've had a few escalades (still do) and a few times when I took the car into the dealership for a routine issue, a few months later the freon from my AC was drained due to a slow leak. Luckily I found a good honest repair dude now.