Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Liberals, reviving the morals, and policies of George McGovern..... In 2024 yet.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hypocrisy on display at it finest here, DC Liberals.......... Wasn't it Southern Democrats that fought against school integration in the past?????
George Wallace Stood in a Doorway at the University of Alabama

The Alabama governor famously protested the integration of the state university by two black students.
Plan to blend predominantly Black and White DC schools leads to tense debate in liberal neighborhood

Parents at Maury Elementary School are concerned the plan could jeopardize the quality of education their kids receive

A plan to integrate two nearby Washington, D.C., schools with vastly different racial backgrounds is sparking fierce debate among parents in the predominantly liberal community.

Nearly 6 in 10 of the 500 children at Maury Elementary School are White. At Miner Elementary School, 80% of the kids are Black, many of whom are in foster care, receive public assistance or are homeless. Enrollment at the school has been declining, according to The Washington Post.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/plan-blend...ighborhood
That's a [BLEEP] storm waiting to happen.

Also, the white, liberal parents arguing against this is about as ironic as it gets being as their party advocates for this very thing. I guess it's okay as long as it's NIMBY.
The "yes, but not for me or my kids" sentiment is pervasive. It has been pervasive for decades.
That said, George Wallace was protecting a system that had a school with 100% white kids and another school with 100% black and mixed kids (who weren't allowed to acknowledge their partial white ancestry at the time). This article is discussing one school that is 40% black and another that is 80% black. That's progress, at least.
If we could all move on to a world where "more black kids" just means "different" instead of "worse", that would be great. I'm trying to give my kids that world. We shall see how it goes.
(02-16-2024, 04:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The "yes, but not for me or my kids" sentiment is pervasive.  It has been pervasive for decades.
That said, George Wallace was protecting a system that had a school with 100% white kids and another school with 100% black and mixed kids (who weren't allowed to acknowledge their partial white ancestry at the time).  This article is discussing one school that is 40% black and another that is 80% black.  That's progress, at least.
If we could all move on to a world where "more black kids" just means "different" instead of "worse", that would be great. I'm trying to give my kids that world.  We shall see how it goes.

Do you intentionally miss every point being made or are you really that naive?
(02-16-2024, 07:43 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2024, 04:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]The "yes, but not for me or my kids" sentiment is pervasive.  It has been pervasive for decades.
That said, George Wallace was protecting a system that had a school with 100% white kids and another school with 100% black and mixed kids (who weren't allowed to acknowledge their partial white ancestry at the time).  This article is discussing one school that is 40% black and another that is 80% black.  That's progress, at least.
If we could all move on to a world where "more black kids" just means "different" instead of "worse", that would be great. I'm trying to give my kids that world.  We shall see how it goes.

What do you think the point is?
(02-15-2024, 07:29 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Hypocrisy on display at it finest here, DC Liberals.......... Wasn't it Southern Democrats that fought against school integration in the past?????

The Alabama governor famously protested the integration of the state university by two black students.
Plan to blend predominantly Black and White DC schools leads to tense debate in liberal neighborhood

Parents at Maury Elementary School are concerned the plan could jeopardize the quality of education their kids receive

A plan to integrate two nearby Washington, D.C., schools with vastly different racial backgrounds is sparking fierce debate among parents in the predominantly liberal community.

Nearly 6 in 10 of the 500 children at Maury Elementary School are White. At Miner Elementary School, 80% of the kids are Black, many of whom are in foster care, receive public assistance or are homeless. Enrollment at the school has been declining, according to The Washington Post.

I don't think it's necessarily the integration that is the problem.  I think they don't want to have their kids transferred to an underachieving school, while even if their kids don't get transferred, their good school would get a bunch of new students who are underachievers.  No one who has kids in an above-average school wants all the schools to be averaged out.  And I can't say I blame them.  

George Wallace, on the other hand, was against integration, period.  This is not the same thing.  The "good school" in this story is already integrated, with only 6 in 10 students being white.
(02-17-2024, 09:38 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-15-2024, 07:29 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Hypocrisy on display at it finest here, DC Liberals.......... Wasn't it Southern Democrats that fought against school integration in the past?????

I don't think it's necessarily the integration that is the problem.  I think they don't want to have their kids transferred to an underachieving school, while even if their kids don't get transferred, their good school would get a bunch of new students who are underachievers.  No one who has kids in an above-average school wants all the schools to be averaged out.  And I can't say I blame them.  

George Wallace, on the other hand, was against integration, period.  This is not the same thing.  The "good school" in this story is already integrated, with only 6 in 10 students being white.

Do you intentionally miss every point being made or are you really that naive? Wink
(02-16-2024, 08:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2024, 07:43 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Do you intentionally miss every point being made or are you really that naive?

It's not what you think it is.
(02-17-2024, 11:20 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2024, 08:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think the point is?

It's not what you think it is.

So what is it?
(02-16-2024, 08:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2024, 07:43 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Do you intentionally miss every point being made or are you really that naive?

It’s easy to be an advocate for something if you are not affected by the consequences.

The irony of liberals protesting bussing is rich.  Much like the liberals declaring “sanctuary city's” and being in favor of open borders, as soon as what they advocate for is at their door they sing a different tune.
(02-19-2024, 11:31 AM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2024, 08:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]What do you think the point is?

It’s easy to be an advocate for something if you are not affected by the consequences.

The irony of liberals protesting bussing is rich.  Much like the liberals declaring “sanctuary city's” and being in favor of open borders, as soon as what they advocate for is at their door they sing a different tune.

Quote:The "yes, but not for me or my kids" sentiment is pervasive. It has been pervasive for decades.
(02-16-2024, 07:43 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]

[Image: why-not-both-why-not.gif]