Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A-Rob says he has "earned" a contract extension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Based on what he did 2 years ago, yes.  Last year?  I think he was heavily impacted by his QB struggling, but he did have issues at times with catching passes that couldn't have been delivered any better.  Suck it up and play, A-Rob.  Do that and you'll get paid.

With a relevant QB, Robinson could be a very good receiver. His good start was due to lack of NFL game tape on him. He needs to grow and adjust to the defenses that have adjusted to him before he get some ridiculous new deal. 

He has earned a contract extension.

The issue is whether it's as lucrative as he hopes.

But given what he has/hasn't worked with, yes he deserves to stay here if he wants.  The fact he is angling for a contract extension is a good sign, considering there is some thought amongst the fans that he may not be happy here.

Maybe now we'll be less inclined to trade him to the Patriots. [/sarcasm]

He's a good receiver, but until he learns to start getting consistent separation, I don't think he should be paid as one of the best.

"It has begun!....." - Shang Tsung
Quote:He has earned a contract extension.

The issue is whether it's as lucrative as he hopes.

But given what he has/hasn't worked with, yes he deserves to stay here if he wants.  The fact he is angling for a contract extension is a good sign, considering there is some thought amongst the fans that he may not be happy here.

Maybe now we'll be less inclined to trade him to the Patriots. [/sarcasm]

The point in bold is the real issue.  The Jaguars have an opportunity to get an extension done as affordably as possible right now, but I doubt very seriously Robinson would welcome the low ball offer even coming off of a sub-par year.  I think when all is said and done, he'll get his contract extension, but I think he's going to need to be realistic about what to expect unless he rebounds this year.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/16/allen-robinson-says-he-has-earned-a-contract-extension/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/16/allen-robinson-says-he-has-earned-a-contract-extension/</a>

Lol, ok "A-Drop".

He was credited with 3 drops last year he hardly deserves that nickname. That big said he doesn't deserve an extension just yet, if half way through the season he looks to be close to 2015 play then sure but not right now.
He also patted 2 balls into the air that directly resulted in interceptions: one in the EZ againts the Bears and again on a long 1st down against the Raiders.

Quote:He was credited with 3 drops last year he hardly deserves that nickname. That big said he doesn't deserve an extension just yet, if half way through the season he looks to be close to 2015 play then sure but not right now.
So we're drafting a WR in the 1st rd next year right?.... lol I do think we should resign him; but there's so much entitlement from some of these players and especially him as of late. I'm not sure about him like I was before. If Lee and Hurns kill it this year and he stays like he was this past year, we might let him go and draft another WR in next years draft....
WR is a position you never stop adding.

It's also a position you let go when the price (dollars and otherwise) gets too high to be worth the hassle.

I don't, and won't, lose any sleep over whether or not we re-sign Robinson.

Quote:He also patted 2 balls into the air that directly resulted in interceptions: one in the EZ againts the Bears and again on a long 1st down against the Raiders.

Lee knocked 3 into the air for INTs and had 3 drops on 100 targets everyone thinks hes the best receiver we have.

Bortles had a lot to do with those INTs (Robinson`s and Lee`s) Robinson needs to do better for sure but his hands weren`t the problem last year.

If anyone on the team should get the drop label it should be Hurns who had 6 drops on half as many targets as Robinson.
Shut up and play football...dude was hardly a WR1 last year...

In 2016:

37th in receiving yards

T-25th with 10 others plays for TDs

T-31st in receiving yards

69th in average yards/catch

43rd in yards/game
Not having a running game and Blake struggling hindered is impact on games. We need a running game this year or it will be more of the same.
We could resign him for what his production was last year. 

Quote:Not having a running game and Blake struggling hindered is impact on games. We need a running game Quarterback this year or it will be more of the same.
Fixed that for you. 
Quote:Fixed that for you.

Man, that was so smart of you and I wanted to know did you come up with that all by yourself?
garbage time warrior.
Quote:garbage time warrior.

Straight up. Anybody who don't think this, just watch him against the Titans last year.

He was completely.....let me just stop.
He should receive a deal similar to Hurns. No more, no less IMO.

Pages: 1 2 3