Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: US hours away from attempt at first moon landing in half century
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is for all you Space ENTHUSIAST like me out there. I've been following NASA and the space program since the mid/late 60's...........

US hours away from attempt at first moon landing in half century with private robot spacecraft

Intuitive Machines' Odysseus lunar lander aiming for 5:30 p.m. ET touchdown Thursday

The United States is just hours away from witnessing Intuitive Machines' Odysseus lunar lander attempt to touch down near Malapert A in the South Pole region of the moon. 

If successful, it will be the first American spacecraft to land on the moon since the last crewed Apollo mission more than 50 years ago. The last time an American spacecraft touched down on the moon was in 1972 during the Apollo 17 mission.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/fox-news-air...spacecraft
It has landed successfully.
Someone missed a decimal point somewhere in the math.

It landed three times as fast as it should have.
(02-24-2024, 08:41 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]Someone missed a decimal point somewhere in the math.

If they missed a decimal point, shouldn't it have been ten times as fast?
(02-25-2024, 09:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-24-2024, 08:41 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]Someone missed a decimal point somewhere in the math.

on the moon the decimal tends to float a little more.
(02-25-2024, 09:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]

I should have used the old cliche, they didn't carry the one
(02-26-2024, 10:58 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2024, 09:30 PM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]If they missed a decimal point, shouldn't it have been ten times as fast?

on the moon the decimal tends to float a little more.

I could dunk like Michael Jordan!   Banana