Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden calls climate change deniers 'Neanderthals' during border speech in Texas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, what I'd like to know is this........ Just how the hell does climate change relate to the border crisis. Quit dodging the issue and do your job Biden. Close the damn border

Biden calls climate change deniers 'Neanderthals' during border speech in Texas

Biden spoke about the wildfires in Texas, while urging Congressional Republicans to help pass meaningful border legislation

President Biden began his remarks during a Thursday visit to the southern border in Texas by addressing a devastating wildfire in the state's panhandle and Oklahoma before calling climate change deniers "neanderthals."

Speaking in the border city of Brownsville, Biden first addressed the ongoing wildfire that has ravaged a portion of Texas and destroyed more than one million acres. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-c...eech-texas

[Image: 15583714886-6783a7f260-z.jpg]
He can't keep a topic on point anymore. I am assuming he's now saying that climate change is the reason why millions of illegals are crossing the border but he didn't convey it the way he intended.

I don't think climate change deniers are all in this camp of "It's made up" or "It's not happening". There's plenty of evidence to support it's happening. I think it's more along the lines of "Is the data being presented fairly?" or, and I see this a ton, "They said back in 1989 that Florida would be underwater by now, or Al Gore said this, etc".

For me, there's three things that I like to look at:

1. Sure, mankind has played a role in it, but, to what extent does it truly matter?

2. There's historical evidence, both, scientifically supported and supported via ancient stories on a global scale, to suggest that, we've had pole shifts, ice ages, mass flooding, heated periods of time on this planet, etc. This is WELL BEFORE the industrial age took off and began to sky rocket at the turn of the previous century.

3. How much of these recent fires, super storms and floods are all really coming from nature, who is to say it's not some Government [BLEEP] around with weapon modification or using specific DEW's to create these events? Because there's evidence out there to support this as well.

So, it's a soup of issues with one group pushing a specific narrative to appease it's corporate overlords to get their donor money and money under the table to pass policies into law, etc.

There's also a natural cycle of this happening on our planet. With or without human intervention as well. One minute it's "The planet is warming up too fast" to "Well, guess what folks? We might actually be heading towards a mini ice age".

So, which one is it?
It doesn't matter if someone said Florida would be underwater by now way back when.
This isn't an exercise of "this guy was right!" or "this guy was wrong!"
This is
(1) acknowledging that the climate is changing, it is because of CO2, and
(2) working with our industries and with other countries to reduce new CO2 emissions and/or capture old ones
(3) planning for eventualities like stronger hurricanes and floods.

I don't think people have much of a problem with 1. It's a freebie.
3 costs money but people understand that tougher infrastructure is a good thing and they can see the results right away.
2 is where all the hemming and hawing is. Lots of people make their living off of fossil fuels and want to convince us that reducing fossil fuel use will make everything cost more and hurt people.
I think we're damned if we do, damned if we don't in regards to climate challenges and issues.

We're all worried about cows farting in the fields or converting all of our gas guzzlers into electric vehicles while there's a real threat of global war and conflict that could result in a nuclear holocaust before the end of this century.

The amount of energy it takes to run some of the power banks and chargers for these electrical cars would require an astronomical amount of restructuring the grids and that also costs energy to make it at the same time.

I think what often gets overlooked is our history with the Sun in our solar system. We could all start using a greener thumb tomorrow and being more eco friendly and it won't matter if there's little to no sunspot activity. Or, a massive solar flare erupts and heats us all up or creates massive solar winds, etc.