Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Trade for Mac Jones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Jones is coming home to lead us to the promised land for a 6th round pick. Championship!
I don't care about the 6th round pick as much as I care who we used it on, could have been a bargaining chip for a better player or even the draft.

Mac Jones sucks.
Gonna light a fire under Trevor’s behind.

Finally some legit competition in the qb room. Hope this elevates Trevor’s lackluster play.
nothing burger move IMO

just a gamble on developmental upside to trade away later if he develops
And imagine there were people who were claiming we should have drafted him instead of Trevor! however, seems like serviceable backup material.
Baalke is straight garbage
(03-10-2024, 01:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]nothing burger move IMO

just a gamble on developmental upside to trade away later if he develops

Agreed, but however in the near term the "Tebow effect" will be in full force.
I found some social media comments hilarious 1 guy said

You have 2 options

A- Send one 6th round pick for a young qb when your current backup qb is banged up

B- Don't do this and risk baalke drafting a DT who plays 5 snaps at special teams and then gets flicked
Jones won’t beat out Beathard. What is Baalke thinking?

GM’s last day on the job be like:
When they're saying Beathard is banged up and it's March you'd think this his retirement is going to be announced shortly.
(03-10-2024, 01:46 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna light a fire under Trevor’s behind.

Finally some legit competition in the qb room. Hope this elevates Trevor’s lackluster play.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I’m gonna lie, I’m impressed.
(03-10-2024, 01:46 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care about the 6th round pick as much as I care who we used it on, could have been a bargaining chip for a better player or even the draft.

Mac Jones sucks.

Yeah, because that worked so well in last year's draft.
Interesting....
My "didn't see that coming" of the month.
People around here complained that Beathard was garbage, so we make a low cost effort to try to get a better backup and….they complain.
I think it's great. Jones is a decent QB and Trevor needs to be pushed and play better or he can sit the bench this year.
So taking the last year in total, The Jaguars essentially flipped Nathan Rourke and a 6th round pick for Mac Jones and an extra 2 million dollar cap hit?

I mean is Balke going to take on Mac Jones 5th year option too?

https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1766877305723392179
(03-10-2024, 03:03 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]People around here complained that Beathard was garbage, so we make a low cost effort to try to get a better backup and….they complain.

+1

A lot thought Beathard shouldn't start over an injured Trevor.   Not saying Mac is much better than Beathard...but obviously Doug Pederson thinks he can work with im.

Either people trust Doug's coaching ability or they don't.
I am probbley one of the few jags fans thats  happy about the trade for mac jones.    

we all are about to witness the biggest comeback in NFL history by a qb.  When Mac Jones gets his chance to play qb for Jags he will show how great a qb he really is as he leads the Jaguars to thier first ever Super Bowl win even with a weak o-line. 

all of you will see jags should've taken Mac Jones to begin with.  Trevor is a great person ,hes just not the qb to take jags all the way. Jones is.  Lets go Jags!!!!!

even if its not as a qb he will  become our julian edelmon who goes from qb to  playing WR.    one way or the either mac jones will lead the jags to winning a Super Bowl.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5