Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How long should Bortles play?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I, for one, would like Blake to play 2 or 3 series. Watching Romo getting hurt got me a little nervous. I think he will play the entire first half, which wouldn't be wise imo.
What will be, will be.. Injuries happen, whether they're a preseason or regular season game. I wanna see Bort for at least a full half game.
Bortles isn't old and injury prone like romo. Give him and the 1st offense a half and call it a preseason, especially if they manage 1 or 2 TD drives.
Tony Romo is more injury-prone because of his age. Blake Bortles is only 24 and rarely shows up on injury reports. I am not worried about him.

1st half, and 2 series in the 3rd qtr
Quote:1st half, and 2 series in the 3rd qtr

Definitely not.
lst half 1 series in the 3rd
All week people have been calling Week 3 games "dress rehearsals" that feature starters at least through the first half. I did not see many starters during the second quarter of the Packers/49ers game and Tony Romo planned to only play two series before kickoff. I think coaches and players are less willing to risk injury in preseason games because this week is not like the third game in previous years.

I actually would like to see him play a little into the 3rd quarter as well. If he starts off rocky, I'd like to see him bounce back. If he starts off lights out, I'd like to see him continue past the half. If the OLine is not blocking well abort this mission.
Just saw a commercial on NFLN, our owner is a legend in the making
Quote:I actually would like to see him play a little into the 3rd quarter as well. If he starts off rocky, I'd like to see him bounce back. If he starts off lights out, I'd like to see him continue past the half. If the OLine is not blocking well abort this mission.

What if the OL is not run blocking well but fine on passing plays?
Quote:Just saw a commercial on NFLN, our owner is a legend in the making

Shad Khan already made NFL history when he bought the team. That was just the beginning.
2 quarters.  They need to get reps in for the regular season.  I want them to come in week 1 as a force, not trying to slowly get into mid-season form.

Sorry but the Tony Romo thing scared me too.. I say 2 Q max...I dont fear the reaper.. I fear the Henne  -

Two scoring drives is all i want to see
One half
Quote:lst half 1 series in the 3rd
This is normal
A half. They need reps. You can have one or two series and then roll them out there week one against Green Bay. Anyone can get injured at anytime, even 1 series.
Quote:I actually would like to see him play a little into the 3rd quarter as well. If he starts off rocky, I'd like to see him bounce back. If he starts off lights out, I'd like to see him continue past the half. If the OLine is not blocking well abort this mission.

Same. If Beachum and Joeckel on the left are a dumpster fire then get Bortles the heck out of there and put Brandon Allen in there to see how he adjusts as if it were a regular season game and Bortles got injured.
Give him 4 drives and then take him out.
Pages: 1 2 3