Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Inflation ran hotter than expected in February as high prices persist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Biden economy is the major reason I'm in the situation I'm in now, couch surfing with friends. When I got the lease renewal for my apartment the last time, my rent was going to go from a little over $1,400 a month to over $1,800 a month in one fell swoop. and with the price of utilities, groceries, and everything else going up faster than an F-16, that was just too much of an increase for me to handle so........

Inflation ran hotter than expected in February as high prices persist

Inflation rose 3.2% in February from a year ago

Inflation unexpectedly ticked higher in February thanks to a jump in the cost of gasoline and rent, underscoring the challenge of taming price pressures within the economy.
The Labor Department said Tuesday that the consumer price index, a broad measure of the price of everyday goods including gasoline, groceries and rent, rose 0.4% in February from the previous month. Prices climbed 3.2% from the same time last year. 
Both of those figures came in higher than the 0.3% monthly increase and 3.1% headline gain recorded in January.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/cpi-...ruary-2024
Higher than who expected? Anyone who is paying attention knows it's going to keep going up.
Gas prices will come down. To 1.99 next year after Trump fires those drills up.
(03-12-2024, 05:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Gas prices will come down. To 1.99 next year after Trump fires those drills up.

Increasing that domestic supply isn't going to offset the devaluation of the Dollar overall. We're on the debt spiral to hell and there's no one can bring us back now.
(03-12-2024, 06:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2024, 05:48 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Gas prices will come down. To 1.99 next year after Trump fires those drills up.

Increasing that domestic supply isn't going to offset the devaluation of the Dollar overall. We're on the debt spiral to hell and there's no one can bring us back now.

Another World War would do it.
(03-12-2024, 08:02 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2024, 06:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Increasing that domestic supply isn't going to offset the devaluation of the Dollar overall. We're on the debt spiral to hell and there's no one can bring us back now.

Another World War would do it.

What you're seeing is the pivot to the "assisted suicide" strategy. "If these old rich people won't die on their own then we'll have to accelerate the process."
(03-13-2024, 08:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2024, 08:02 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]Another World War would do it.

What you're seeing is the pivot to the "assisted suicide" strategy. "If these old rich people won't die on their own then we'll have to accelerate the process."

The planned  coordination of the release of COVID by the deep state and China helped kickstart that effort. As did Governor Cuomo.