Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags add Arik Armstead let's discuss
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So glad we got a class act and a much needed DT like him.  Appears to be 3 years 51 mil not sure of guaranteed money.

If it was between him and Ridley I will take him.  Looking forward to seeing an improved push for the interior D line.  If him and Hamilton are healthy should be a good duo.
Quite a bit of discussion in the FA news thread, but this was a really great addition.

Adding an upgrade ion the middle of both lines was a clear and desperate need. We have seen both happen and there is still a long way to go regarding acquisitions this offseason.

If Nielsen is what he's cracked up to be, this defense could be significantly improved.
(03-15-2024, 03:14 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]So glad we got a class act and a much needed DT like him.  Appears to be 3 years 51 mil not sure of guaranteed money.

If it was between him and Ridley I will take him.  Looking forward to seeing an improved push for the interior D line.  If him and Hamilton are healthy should be a good duo.

This was literally what everyone was asking for, some interior pressure to convert more of the pressures into sacks. Love it.
(03-15-2024, 03:14 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]So glad we got a class act and a much needed DT like him.  Appears to be 3 years 51 mil not sure of guaranteed money.

I also think that if I had to choose between Armstead and Ridley, I take Armstead, absolutely.   It would be nice to have Ridley, but what this team really needs is to run the ball better and play better defense.  Offensive line, defensive line, cornerback.  So, Mitch Morris, Arik Armstead, so far so good.  Now spend the #17 pick on a cornerback.  That's what I would do.

Our passing attack will work 100% better if we run the ball better and play better defense.  It's ridiculous to be in 2nd and 12 so many times like we were last year.  Or be unable to stop someone when we had to.
(03-15-2024, 04:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

I also think that if I had to choose between Armstead and Ridley, I take Armstead, absolutely.   It would be nice to have Ridley, but what this team really needs is to run the ball better and play better defense.  Offensive line, defensive line, cornerback.  So, Mitch Morris, Arik Armstead, so far so good.  Now spend the #17 pick on a cornerback.  That's what I would do.

Our passing attack will work 100% better if we run the ball better and play better defense.  It's ridiculous to be in 2nd and 12 so many times like we were last year.  Or be unable to stop someone when we had to.

CB, G/C, and DT have to be your first three draft picks.  CB first unless we trade down.
(03-15-2024, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2024, 04:54 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I also think that if I had to choose between Armstead and Ridley, I take Armstead, absolutely.   It would be nice to have Ridley, but what this team really needs is to run the ball better and play better defense.  Offensive line, defensive line, cornerback.  So, Mitch Morris, Arik Armstead, so far so good.  Now spend the #17 pick on a cornerback.  That's what I would do.

CB, G/C, and DT have to be your first three draft picks.  CB first unless we trade down.

I say we are in position to go BAP and don’t force anything. More important to get the pick right than try to align needs. I wouldn’t be the least bit upset if they went edge at 17 either.
Already hurt and cant stop the run. Hope we add a big fat guy still
We cut a starter and added another. Hopefully, he turns out to be an improvement.

We still badly need more depth in the middle and on the edge.
(03-15-2024, 06:28 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2024, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]CB, G/C, and DT have to be your first three draft picks.  CB first unless we trade down.

I say we are in position to go BAP and don’t force anything. More important to get the pick right than try to align needs. I wouldn’t be the least bit upset if they went edge at 17 either.

No more Linebackers!!

<discussion start> he good </end>

I view it...

Armstead + Davis > Ridley

Jags took a slight downgrade, but got younger and bigger in the WR room, and greatly improved the DL.   Hopefully Arik can play in more than 12 games.

Arik and Devon are starters.   Big Ray and Ledbetter are the backups.

Even though I think the Texans did great in the free agent market...I think the addition of Armstead improves the team on the same level.
(03-15-2024, 05:41 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]CB, G/C, and DT have to be your first three draft picks.  CB first unless we trade down.

I'd go even further and say that if Turner, Verse or Latu are still on the board they'd be my top choices other than possibly Mitchell. This team needs another pass rusher from the Edge.
how much over salary cap are jags now though after signing armstead?  who will we release? are any players willing to restructrure thier contracts?
Nice addition. It was really nice of the 49ers to cut him for us. That is what happens when you do not bite on trading your picks. They had to eat 26 mill of dead cap too. Interesting that Baalkie drafted him when in SF. I guess that was not a whiff. Early reports are he is a Calais type in the clubhouse, that would be real sweet. He can maybe help Hamilton and our NEWLY DRAFTED D-line man. Boy I hope they get a good one this draft....
(03-15-2024, 04:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Quite a bit of discussion in the FA news thread, but this was a really great addition.

Adding an upgrade ion the middle of both lines was a clear and desperate need. We have seen both happen and there is still a long way to go regarding acquisitions this offseason.

If Nielsen is what he's cracked up to be, this defense could be significantly improved.

Yea i get it just not a fan of the ginormous threads.  Gotta wade thru too much muck and mire.

You don't go for depth with a first round pick.  As long as Allen and Walker are healthy, edge #3 is only getting on the field for 3rd down.  Sorry I disagree.
Best Available Need.
It’s about time to take a Wr, or db. Jags haven’t taken a shot at a game breaker wr in the first round of the draft since Blackmon. 91% facts. (Its hard to believe he’s 34 now)

Anyways great choice to pick up armstead. It’s going to be fun to watch how this new jags defense blends together.
(03-16-2024, 12:25 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Best Available Need.
BAN!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
(03-16-2024, 12:00 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2024, 06:28 PM)Jags32250 Wrote: [ -> ]I say we are in position to go BAP and don’t force anything. More important to get the pick right than try to align needs. I wouldn’t be the least bit upset if they went edge at 17 either.

You don't go for depth with a first round pick.  As long as Allen and Walker are healthy, edge #3 is only getting on the field for 3rd down.  Sorry I disagree.

I think a 3rd Edge player would get on the field a lot more than that.   Walker can move inside on occasion, and Walker and Allen need to rest at times.  We certainly don't want either of those guys to pay every single play.   Plus, injuries do happen.  Edge is such a valuable position, if there is a can't-miss guy at #17, and I wouldn't mind taking him at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4