Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ben & Jerry's getting boot after years of political controversy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's see if there are any takers (offers)...... It probably will be a lot less than what the original buying price was.......... I think someone will take a huge loss......

Problem child Ben & Jerry's getting boot from parent after years of political controversy

Unilever getting rid of Ben & Jerry's, its longtime ice cream headache

Multinational conglomerate Unilever, the owner of some 400 brands, announced Tuesday it is spinning off its ice cream business — including major names like Ben & Jerry's, Breyers, Magnum, Popsicle and Klondike — after more than a century.

The consumer goods giant said the move is part of a growth strategy to create a leaner business. At the same time, by shedding Ben & Jerry's, Unilever is ridding itself of a longtime headache.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/pro...ontroversy
I guess people got tired of Peanut Butter Pedo..
Personally, I only buy ice cream these days when it's BOGO due to the dang cost and shrinking quantity.

My fav these days are Blue Bunny (bunny tracks) or Mayfield (moose tracks) ---- heck even the store brands at pubix and winn dixie are quite expensive these days.
(03-20-2024, 12:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I only buy ice cream these days when it's BOGO due to the dang cost and shrinking quantity.

My fav these days are Blue Bunny (bunny tracks) or Mayfield (moose tracks) ---- heck even the store brands at pubix and winn dixie are quite expensive these days.

But those BOGO Publix Premiums are pretty good. 2 for $5.00. Not bad
I've always been pretty irritated by Ben and Jerry's.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/07/ben-jerrys...ont-chief/

Ben and Jerry's made some statement that the US should give back land that was "stolen" from Native Americans. Then a Native American tribe in Vermont pointed out that Ben and Jerry's HQ was located on land that was "stolen" from them. And they want that land back.
(03-21-2024, 09:22 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-20-2024, 12:46 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I only buy ice cream these days when it's BOGO due to the dang cost and shrinking quantity.

But those BOGO Publix Premiums are pretty good. 2 for $5.00. Not bad

I must be going on the wrong weeks because I haven't seen the Publix Premium going BOGO.  Def like their ice cream and will load up once i see that listed.
(03-21-2024, 10:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I've always been pretty irritated by Ben and Jerry's. 

https://nypost.com/2023/07/07/ben-jerrys...ont-chief/

Ben and Jerry's made some statement that the US should give back land that was "stolen" from Native Americans.  Then a Native American tribe in Vermont pointed out that Ben and Jerry's HQ was located on land that was "stolen" from them.  And they want that land back.

Native Americans?  I thought we stole the land from the British.
(03-21-2024, 10:41 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2024, 09:22 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]But those BOGO Publix Premiums are pretty good. 2 for $5.00. Not bad

I must be going on the wrong weeks because I haven't seen the Publix Premium going BOGO.  Def like their ice cream and will load up once i see that listed.

I'm gonna admit it.. every Thursday I check the Publix app for their BOGOs. 

When I see BOGO on DiGiorno and Publix Premium ice cream I'm all over it.
Breyer's Rocky Road   Banana