Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Federal judge dismisses lawsuit challenging DC noncitizen voting law
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This HACK of a Judge does not belong on the bench.........

Federal judge dismisses lawsuit challenging DC noncitizen voting law

Judge Amy Berman Jackson ruled that plaintiffs did not show how noncitizen voters have harmed them

A federal judge on Thursday tossed a conservative legal group's lawsuit against a controversial Washington, D.C. law that allows noncitizens — including illegal immigrants and foreign embassy staff members — to vote in municipal elections. 

In a 12-page opinion, Judge Amy Berman Jackson said the plaintiffs, a group of U.S. citizen voters represented by the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI), lacked standing to challenge the law because they could not demonstrate how they are harmed by noncitizens who vote and run for local office. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/federal...voting-law
There is a harm, of course. When more people vote, the value of my vote is reduced. So is everyone else's.
What happened here is the US citizens, who already voted in local elections, voted to extend voting rights to non citizens. The US citizens who were outvoted sued. But they lost the case because the policy did not "harm" them specifically, it affected all citizen voters equally.
If I was in DC I would vote no to this kind of thing, but since I'm not, and I don't do business there, it's none of my business.