Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Daily marijuana smokers face higher risk of heart attack, stroke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I say MALE BOVINE DROPPINGS! I have not believed ANYTHING the Government puts out since they claimed it was a weather balloon the crashed at Roswell New Mexico in 1947

Daily marijuana smokers face higher risk of heart attack, stroke, says American Heart Association study

Marijuana is 'as bad as smoking tobacco cigarettes,' an expert said

As marijuana legalization heats up the competition among vendors nationwide, some experts are warning about the sneaky side effects of smoking it.
Daily weed smoking could cause complications for heart health, according to a new study published in the Journal of the American Heart Association.
Researchers at the University of California San Francisco (UCSF) analyzed CDC data from 434,104 respondents to examine how cannabis use was associated with cardiovascular events.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/daily-wee...tion-study
[Image: 5acf1178b2be56bb0ddd85cb1f7c29b5.jpg]
I mean, think of it this way..

Marijuana has been around FOREVER..

People have been using it, legally and illegally, FOREVER..

Naturally, scientists have been doing research on Marijuana, FOREVER!!

But suddenly.. lololololol

There's that word again.. "Suddenly" lololololol

If weed has ever really done anything for me, it takes my pain away, puts me in a better mood and has helped me get healthier..

Ever since I really started smoking again a few years ago, I've lost a lot of weight, increased my water intake (10 fold) and helped with pain management so I can do the things I normally would do. Garden, lawn ect.. Hell, I even painted the inside of my home a few months ago lol.. Looks beautiful and I owe it all to Marijuana..
Breathing in smoke is bad for you. Full stop. Smoke always has carbon monoxide in it, and tar.

Eating or vaping marijuana is much safer than smoking it.
(03-25-2024, 01:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Breathing in smoke is bad for you. Full stop.  Smoke always has carbon monoxide in it, and tar.

To claim its as bad as the hundreds of carcinogens in cigarettes is laughable though
(03-25-2024, 01:42 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2024, 01:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Breathing in smoke is bad for you. Full stop.  Smoke always has carbon monoxide in it, and tar.

To claim its as bad as the hundreds of carcinogens in cigarettes is laughable though

True.  Is that what they said?
Plus, people who smoke a lot of dope tend to sit around a lot.  That's not good for you.  Add to that all the ice cream and potato chips pot smokers eat, and you can see how pot smokers in general could be a lot less healthy than non-pot-smokers.
(03-25-2024, 01:46 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-25-2024, 01:42 PM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]To claim its as bad as the hundreds of carcinogens in cigarettes is laughable though

True.  Is that what they said?

From the article

Marijuana is 'as bad as smoking tobacco cigarettes,' an expert said
I would think the average pot smoker smokes less pot per day than the average cigarette smoker smokes cigarettes per day which probably helps skew the health numbers. The lungs weren't designed to benefit from smoke inhalation of any kind.
(03-25-2024, 04:51 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]I would think the average pot smoker smokes less pot per day than the average cigarette smoker smokes cigarettes per day which probably helps skew the health numbers.  The lungs weren't designed to benefit from smoke inhalation of any kind.

I average 1-2 grams per day with flower

or

2 grams every week or so with my vape..

The vapes last way longer..

Live rosin..