Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: She went all in on the daily double on alienating her constituents
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New Jersey Democrat facing pressure to resign after mocking Easter online with drag, abortion references

Critics of Glen Rock, New Jersey, Councilwoman Paula Gilligan plan to protest at Wednesday's council meeting

A local New Jersey Democrat is facing calls to resign from her post after she shared a meme on social media mocking Easter with references to drag and abortion.

"Easter eggs are aborted chicken babies that are painted in drag for small children to worship," said the meme shared by Glen Rock Borough Councilwoman Paula Gilligan on Instagram last week.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-jer...references
"Easter eggs are aborted chicken babies that are painted in drag for small children to worship."

I find that line funny, not offensive. Anyway, she didn't write it.
(03-28-2024, 09:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]"Easter eggs are aborted chicken babies that are painted in drag for small children to worship."

I find that line funny, not offensive.  Anyway, she didn't write it.

....so do you have kids?

Cause explaining that [BLEEP] to an 8 year old isn't funny.
(03-28-2024, 09:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]"Easter eggs are aborted chicken babies that are painted in drag for small children to worship."

I thought it was funny too.
(03-28-2024, 09:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]

I thought it was funny too.

Which is fine.. but who is Easter for? Kids.

And I am an atheist so it's not a religious thing. It's a cultural thing.
(03-28-2024, 09:39 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2024, 09:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was funny too.

And I am an atheist.

But it’s an adult joke. You need to unclench a little.
(03-28-2024, 09:39 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2024, 09:39 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was funny too.

And I am an atheist so it's not a religious thing. It's a cultural thing.

That explains a lot.
I'm a Calvinist, if that helps you understand my perspective.
Instead of Easter Eggs, the wife pickles the eggs instead. Usually about a dozen. Damn good stuff!!