Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Throwback Jerseys Incoming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It's about time. They should wear them most of the games.
I like the ones with the thick black stripe down the side. I think it was 1997
So excited.
(04-15-2024, 09:30 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I like the ones with the thick black stripe down the side.  I think it was 1997

Yep.
For me anything from 1997 to 2008 would be ideal.
[Image: usatsi_3174301-1.jpg]

Let's just get back to what works.
How about the original helmets?
(04-15-2024, 11:56 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: [ -> ]How about the original helmets?

Most likely. The NFL allows 2 helmets this year. The crawler logo is the main thing they're teasing, so it would be weird for the crawler to come back and the matching cat head not come back.

That said, my ideal updated jags uniform would have the jerseys like 1999, but no crawler, and then today's helmet.

And teal socks.
Ever since we went to the comical Jaguar head with a teal tongue, we've been the worst team in all 4 of the major sports.
I have a Stroud jersey from back then.. It’s such a great uniform.
(04-15-2024, 12:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Ever since we went to the comical Jaguar head with a teal tongue, we've been the worst team in all 4 of the major sports.

The original cat head had a teal tongue too.
Should be fun to see those out there again. My youngest brother never got to see the old uniforms, so, if they trot out there in the 90's versions he'll dig it.

I own a Jimmy Smith full teal, Mark Brunell in white with the black side stripes and a Boselli teal with black side stripes. Need to get me a Fred Taylor one. Preferably in black.
(04-15-2024, 11:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ][Image: usatsi_3174301-1.jpg]

This is the way, nothing comes close. When they do black/black for the prime time games was fire as well. I'd love to have these back on the regular. Unique look, should have been our identity with only minor touches and changes over the years.
(04-15-2024, 01:04 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-15-2024, 12:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Ever since we went to the comical Jaguar head with a teal tongue, we've been the worst team in all 4 of the major sports.

The original cat head had a teal tongue too.

Good point, just not as prevalent.
(04-15-2024, 02:13 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]

This is the way, nothing comes close. When they do black/black for the prime time games was fire as well. I'd love to have these back on the regular. Unique look, should have been our identity with only minor touches and changes over the years.

It was the black pants that ruined everything.
"Black pants look cooler!"
"But black pants look weird with the white jerseys because the numbers on the white jersey are teal!"
"Ok so make the numbers on the white jersey black!" 
It was basically downhill from there.
(04-15-2024, 02:13 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: [ -> ]

Yep, that’s the right one. They should go back to it permanently.
(04-15-2024, 11:56 AM)Thewitnessofsolinvictus Wrote: [ -> ]How about the original helmets?

Throwback is a throwback.  It should all be "original".  I wouldn't expect it for more than one MAYBE two games this year though. It's like when Tampa randomly pulls out the cream.
The 1996, thru 1999 Jersey is the best in team history.
Bocelli, Searcy, Widell, Jimmy, Keenan, Brunell all of them need to go to the locker room. Tell these guys if they are gonna wear these uniforms there is a certain level of accomplishment they are required to achieve or don't wear them.
Did any of you notice it showed our original Jaguar? The one they said we couldn't have? Wouldn't that be something if Shad somehow pulled that off.
Pages: 1 2 3