Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: any way we can get Gus to stop using the "arrow is up" metaphor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Unless he's being misquoted, he's said it several times in the last few days.  Just brings back bad memories.  Makes me nauseous, actually......

The ice cream is frozen
The road may be rocky but victory is soft serve sweet, man!
Yeah, but this year you'd have to be a total useless tool to not see that the arrow is actually pointing up.... I mean.... It is.

It really is.
I'd like to think the arrow is pointing up in this conversation.
Great topic
Yeah as need to be realistic about it.

Take your oppurtooonitys to compete through adversity man
Quote:The road may be rocky but victory is soft serve sweet, man!

How about celebrate reaching the end of that rocky road we travel on with . . . .rocky road ice cream.  :yes: Yum.

Victory is sweet when you take the rocky road to get there.
Quote:Yeah as need to be realistic about it.

This is what I have been saying for years - don't go crazy with bold statements like, :"Jaguars will win the Super Bowl!" but also avoid calling for Gus Bradley's head after we lose a game. I am a realist and will continue to not appreciate such comments during what is looking like the best year for Jaguars fans since 2007.
Quote:Take your oppurtooonitys to compete through adversity man

Opportoonies*
Quote:Opportoonies*

man
You know i was listening to Gus on the radio the other day, and I just thought he always says the right answer.. Just seems scripted like he cant genuinely tell us something bad..

I'd hate to be on a plane thats crashing and Gus is on there. Then again lol Gus would be the perfect person. He would say all the right things until it crash!!

I wanna hear Gus say some realistic answers one day.. If a player is playing horrible, say it... Dont vanilla everything up..
Quote:Opportoonies*

He's not from around here. They spell things funny over there. :-)
Easy.. Stop listening to him.. That's what I did..
No, yes, maybe.

Well the arrow is pointing up and straight at his head.  Although with another year on the contract....   hmmm 

We just need to keep choppin' wood.

Quote:Well the arrow is pointing up and straight at his head.  Although with another year on the contract....   hmmm 
That's about the truth of the matter. If you were in Gus's situation, you'd be trying to spin everything as positively as you could too. We'll be seeing pretty soon (as in the regular season, not the pre-season)  if this years team is actually any good or if they are just paper giants and practice field hero's.
Quote:How about celebrate reaching the end of that rocky road we travel on with . . . .rocky road ice cream.  :yes: Yum.

Victory is sweet when you take the rocky road to get there.

I'd like to submit this post as proof that this is all a ruse.
Pages: 1 2