Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Virginia School District Restores Names Of Confederate Generals To Public Schools
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, they always did say that The South Will Rise Again!!!!!!!

Virginia School District Restores Names Of Confederate Generals To Public Schools

A Virginia school district became the first in the United States to restore the school names associated with the Confederacy after they had been changed.

In 2020, the Shenandoah County School Board voted to change the names of Stonewall Jackson High School and Ashby-Lee Elementary School to Mountain View High School and Honey Run Elementary School. However, local residents felt that the board had voted to change the names without consulting the public. On May 9, the board held a public hearing to discuss changing the names back, and in a 5-1 vote, approved changing the names back to their original names.

Virginia School District Restores Names Of Confederate Generals To Public Schools | The Daily Wire
I don't care one way or the other about the school names but I'm glad to see someone actually succeed in pushing back against the Cancellin' Karen Culture.
(05-10-2024, 03:03 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care one way or the other about the school names but I'm glad to see someone actually succeed in pushing back against the Cancellin' Karen Culture.

I agree with this.