Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden running scared... List restrictions for debates with Trump....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are all the restrictions Biden's team demanded in their Trump debate offer

President Biden's team does not want former President Trump to be able to interrupt the president.

President Biden and former President Trump on Wednesday made their plans to officially debate, but the offer from the Biden team came with several strings attached.
Trump gave Biden an open invitation to debate anytime, anywhere, and Biden rose to the challenge, telling Trump to "make my day" in a heavily edited video on social media. Alongside Biden's announcement came a letter from his campaign to the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), and that letter revealed a few critical limits that Biden's team was placing on any debate between him and Trump.
Here are each of the restrictions the Biden campaign is demanding.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/here-al...bate-offer
The amount of drugs needed to get Biden stage ready for a debate would make Tony Montana flinch.
The left loves their pedophiles..
(05-15-2024, 04:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]The left loves their pedophiles..

[Image: ATK2LIVIWMI6TBZTJDEHENPTSY.jpg&w=1440]
(05-15-2024, 06:00 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2024, 04:00 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]The left loves their pedophiles..

[Image: ATK2LIVIWMI6TBZTJDEHENPTSY.jpg&w=1440]

Ohh now show him with all the democrats he gave money to.

You love whataboutism.

The problem with people like you is that you know all about how evil the Koch brothers are but refuse to even entertain the notion that Soros is pure evil.. I mean just look at Haiti for proof. 

Rules for thee and not for me.
This is step 1 in the dnc getting rid of biden before the convention. Internal polling must be horrific.
Elder abuse is on full display for the country to see and it's shameful.
(05-15-2024, 02:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Here are all the restrictions Biden's team demanded in their Trump debate offer

President Biden's team does not want former President Trump to be able to interrupt the president.

President Biden and former President Trump on Wednesday made their plans to officially debate, but the offer from the Biden team came with several strings attached.
Trump gave Biden an open invitation to debate anytime, anywhere, and Biden rose to the challenge, telling Trump to "make my day" in a heavily edited video on social media. Alongside Biden's announcement came a letter from his campaign to the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD), and that letter revealed a few critical limits that Biden's team was placing on any debate between him and Trump.

I agree with the bolded part, because last time, Trump interrupted so often, it wasn't a debate at all.  It was totally worthless.  Just two people trying to talk over each other.  What's the point of that?  

I'd put each of them in a separate, sound-proof room, give them a specific time limit on each answer, and cut the microphone when the time is up.
(05-16-2024, 09:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2024, 02:36 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Here are all the restrictions Biden's team demanded in their Trump debate offer

I agree with the bolded part, because last time, Trump interrupted so often, it wasn't a debate at all.  It was totally worthless.  Just two people trying to talk over each other.  What's the point of that?  

I'd put each of them in a separate, sound-proof room, give them a specific time limit on each answer, and cut the microphone when the time is up.

People should be more bothered by the state of the debate system in general. It shouldn't be optional. Voters deserve to hear all candidates debate without needing to be bribed by horrible poll numbers to do it.

It will be interesting to see if things go back to status quo after Trumps 2nd term.
(05-16-2024, 09:15 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2024, 09:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with the bolded part, because last time, Trump interrupted so often, it wasn't a debate at all.  It was totally worthless.  Just two people trying to talk over each other.  What's the point of that?  

People should be more bothered by the state of the debate system in general. It shouldn't be optional. Voters deserve to hear all candidates debate without needing to be bribed by horrible poll numbers to do it.

It will be interesting to see if things go back to status quo after Trumps 2nd term.

Everything thing is backwards in this country now because of the liberal child touchers..

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/...01iTQ&s=19
Joe Rogan needs to be the moderator and tell him it's okay to tell them to shut the [BLEEP] up and wait their turn. Most watched debate ever.
Debates only happen when both candidates see a benefit.
In most local races with a strong incumbent there is no debate because the incumbent doesnt even want to give the opponent the benefit of name recognition.

And I agree with Marty, I want as few rules as possible but "no interrupting" and "we're going to cut off your mic when it's not your turn" are musts. And it should go without saying that the moderator should never try to correct the candidate about the present or the future, but should always correct the candidate if the candidate attempts to lie about the past.
(05-16-2024, 10:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Debates only happen when both candidates see a benefit.
In most local races with a strong incumbent there is no debate because the incumbent doesnt even want to give the opponent the benefit of name recognition.

And I agree with Marty, I want as few rules as possible but "no interrupting" and "we're going to cut off your mic when it's not your turn" are musts.  And it should go without saying that the moderator should never try to correct the candidate about the present or the future, but should always correct the candidate if the candidate attempts to lie about the past.

I think the moderators correcting the candidates about anything would look like bias.  All I want is for each candidate to be able to talk without being interrupted.  Put them in separate sound-proof rooms, give them a time limit for each statement, and let them say whatever they want, but cut off their microphone when their time is up.