Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wow I didn't know this...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sunday will be  our first time EVER on SNF. WOW. I had no idea we had never been on there before. Is it the hype?

Quote:Sunday will be  our first time EVER on SNF. WOW. I had no idea we had never been on there before. Is it the hype?
This is misleading......
Quote:Sunday will be  our first time EVER on SNF. WOW. I had no idea we had never been on there before. Is it the hype?

Don't forget who we are playing against. The Bengals have been more successful than us in recent years. They would not do it for us against a crappy team.

BTW whoever wrote that is dead wrong. We played several SNF games when it was on ESPN.

On NBC the Jags have played "Sunday Night Football" multiple times.

Jags vs Steelers in 2007 season(Playoff game)'

Then a "rematch" in 2008 season we lost to the steelers.

Going back to TNT having the sunday night football rights...

In our first season we lost to the packers.

With the ESPN rights we played Seattle in 96 and in 98 we played the Vikings.

In 99 we played twice, vs the steelers and saints.

In 00 we played against the Steelers & Ravens.

In 01 we played the bills.

In 02 we played the giants

IN 03 we played the bus.

In 04 we played the Steelers.

and in 05 we played the bengals.... and here we are in 2016 going against the Bengals again.

Man I miss our matches with the steelers, hope we see them in the playoffs again soon Wink

Edit: ESPN had SNF from 87-05 and TNT was 90-97, they would share/split sunday night games kinda like we are seeing with Thursday night games currently.

I thought we beat the Giants on SNF about 10 years ago
Quote:I thought we beat the Giants on SNF about 10 years ago
We played them in 2002
Quote:We played them in 2002

That was one of the games I referred to in mu ESPN comment.

I hated the ESPN/TNT split.

The "split" this year is a simulcast. NFLN and NBC both show games. Then NFLN and CBS both show games. After that only NFLN shows games on TNF.

Quote:I hated the ESPN/TNT split.

The "split" this year is a simulcast. NFLN and NBC both show games. Then NFLN and CBS both show games. After that only NFLN shows games on TNF.
Correct, this year they are changing it for the better hopefully. Unlike prior seasons(such as last year and the ESPN/TNT split previously mentioned) not to mention the internet streaming options being expanded this season as well.
Ugh, don't remind me. I had to miss the Bills game last year because by only being on Yahoo, it could not be recorded during my Washington, DC trip (which could only be that weekend).

Because our TNF game is in Week 8, we will be shown on both NFLN and CBS. I was happy to see that after NFLN showed our home game against Tennessee exclusively late in the season.

Quote:Ugh, don't remind me. I had to miss the Bills game last year because by only being on Yahoo, it could not be recorded during my Washington, DC trip (which could only be that weekend).

Because our TNF game is in Week 8, we will be shown on both NFLN and CBS. I was happy to see that after NFLN showed our home game against Tennessee exclusively late in the season.

I remember when the safety patrol at my school went to Washington DC. How was your trip?
Quote:I remember when the safety patrol at my school went to Washington DC. How was your trip?
No way lol
Quote:I remember when the safety patrol at my school went to Washington DC. How was your trip?

It was pretty good but I hated missing a Jaguars game because it was only on the Internet. I found out we won while watching TV at the airport.
Quote:It was pretty good but I hated missing a Jaguars game because it was only on the Internet. I found out we won while watching TV at the airport.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "that went right over your head," JDub?
I remember plying the bengals years ago on prime time. Khalif Barnes first start. Thought that was Sunday night.
Quote:I remember plying the bengals years ago on prime time. Khalif Barnes first start. Thought that was Sunday night.
Monday Night. Chad Johnson had become a star and people were eager to see what touchdown dance he had in store. I think Mathis shut him down though.
Quote:Monday Night. Chad Johnson had become a star and people were eager to see what touchdown dance he had in store. I think Mathis shut him down though.

Nope, he performed CPR on the football after he scored, however we did win to give them their first loss of the season
Quote:Have you ever heard the phrase, "that went right over your head," JDubWent right I

"That went right over your head" usually means something about my inability to 'get it.' That is, a level of understanding beyond what can be expressed in words.

However, recently I took a Grant Teton/Yellowstone trip. The animals I saw and heard the most of at Yellowstone were ravens, including some that flew low over my head.
I hope we get a late game flexed to Sunday night this season.

Quote:Nope, he performed CPR on the football after he scored, however we did win to give them their first loss of the season

OMGoodness I remember that! I laughed even though it was absurd. The guy had a fun (and somewhat obnoxious) personality but couldn't keep himself out of trouble.
Pages: 1 2