Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 1 Talk. Jags vs Dolphins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This will be an interesting mtchup and if there is any team in the league where you want to minimize man coverage on D it's the Dolphins.  The have man/ 1 on 1 killers on offense and probably the most speed on offense in the whole league.  This will be a huge test for our D learning a new scheme with Nielsen's man heavy scheme. 

First and foremost we have to stop the run and limit missed tackles.    They have 3 of the fastest backs in the league and any of the 3 can take it to the house with a little crease or missed tackle.  They have an elite LT in Armstead so Allen vs Armstead should be a good matchup.  Hopefully Walker can win his matchup against Jackson who is an average tackle imo.  Their interior oline isn't that great and I hope Hamilton is healthy and Armstead is 100%, if Smith has a good camp I also think he could have an impact week 1.  We have to limit the big plays to Hill and Waddle, that's were Dolphons kill teams on top of the big run plays, stopping the big time plays will be key.  

On offense we need to win at the line of scrimmage and I think we will be in good shape.  They are weak on the interior with the loss of Wilkins and on the edges Chubb and Phillips are coming back from injury so I think it will take them a few weeks to get up to full speed.  I also think their LB corps is kinda weak, Brooks is OK but i think Kirk, Engram , and Etienne can eat in the middle of the field with Thomas Jr and Davis stretching the field a bit.  

I think we are better in the trenches on both sides of the ball where last year I don't think we can say that in any of the 17 games played.  Hopefully BTJ burns Ramsey for at least 1 TD.  They do have a good secondary with Poyer and Holland back there but hopefully we can get the run game going to open up some things in the pass game.  Interesting marchups week 1 and a very good test opening day.
Just because Nielsen likes lots of man coverage - that doesn't mean he has to employ it every week at a high rate.

His introductory presser months back featured 2 or 3 minutes of him talking about blending zone and man and disguising who was going to be in press, off-man, or zone.

I wouldn't be surprised to see lots of mixed coverages in that game.
Have to eliminate Tyreek Hill to the best of your abilities, maintain your gaps against their running game and not shy away from blitzing after Tagovailoa. The blueprint to beating them was revealed by two teams last year within four contests.

The Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs. You have to be willing to give up the easy, underneath stuff in the passing game and trust your secondary to make the tackles and pass break up's. You have to trust your front four to maintain their gaps against the run and get it done and you absolutely, must, MUST, not be afraid to blitz after Tagovailoa.

The rest boils down to keeping Tyreek Hill from beating you. If he gets behind your secondary? Teams start to panic, they start overthinking their gameplan, they start pressing too much towards his way, etc.

I think we'll beat Miami. I actually think Miami is just a little bit overrated if I am being honest and this is with them losing some pieces this off season that helped them win 11 games last year.
On a side note Tyreek Hill is expecting his 11th child to 5 different women.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/tyre...fth-woman/
(05-20-2024, 05:09 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note Tyreek Hill is expecting his 11th child to 5 different women.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/tyre...fth-woman/

Dude! Put some latex on it!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is going to be my first Jags-Dolphins game in 18 years that I won't be able to banter about with my father in law.

Brothers and sisters, if you have risk factors for cancer, are over 50, and are able to afford the finer things in life, get yourselves a PET scan. Insurance won't pay for them. But it's the only way to detect certain cancers early. My father in law showed no signs of illness until his cancer was stage 4.

Make sure you tell everyone who's important to you how you really feel and afterwards tell them, in spite of that, that you still love them.
(05-20-2024, 07:48 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]This is going to be my first Jags-Dolphins game in 18 years that I won't be able to banter about with my father in law.

Brothers and sisters, if you have risk factors for cancer, are over 50, and are able to afford the finer things in life, get yourselves a PET scan. Insurance won't pay for them. But it's the only way to detect certain cancers early. My father in law showed no signs of illness until his cancer was stage 4.

Make sure you tell everyone who's important to you how you really feel and afterwards tell them, in spite of that, that you still love them.

Sorry to hear this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk