Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What is going on with Sheldon Day?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seems like it's been weeks since he's practiced or played.   He's got this mysterious back injury.   To me, it's looking more and more like he might be a candidate for IR or "IR designated to return midseason."   We have so much depth at that position, this might be a way for us to keep one more guy at 3-technique DT, by putting one of them on IR. 

Gus said they planned to have him back this past week.
The team is being very quiet about it. He has not practiced in weeks and there is essentially no chance he plays this weekend. 

At this point, I would not be surprised if he ends up on IR.

I think it's the Jags being extra precautionary as they have been with every injury this off season.
It would be nice if Gus Bradley reported a specific diagnosis and timetable for return.

It is a bit strange that they've yet to say anything about him, especially with this new NFL policy on player status in regards to injury. 

Hopefully it's just a precaution. Back problems, no matter how minute can be debilitating, even if it's just a strain. Those types of injuries have to just heal on their own 

Quote:It would be nice if Gus Bradley reported a specific diagnosis and timetable for return.

I think he's not doing that because he wants to keep open the possibility of stashing the extra defensive tackle by putting him on IR, and if he comes out and says Day is going to be okay, he might get in trouble with the league if he then goes and puts the guy on IR.  

We have such extreme depth at DT, putting one on IR would be better than just releasing one. 
Quote:It is a bit strange that they've yet to say anything about him, especially with this new NFL policy on player status in regards to injury.

Hopefully it's just a precaution. Back problems, no matter how minute can be debilitating, even if it's just a strain. Those types of injuries have to just heal on their own

I don't think the injury report policy takes effect until the season starts.
Since it's been a few weeks, I would guess it is a disk issue. If it's not healing on its own, he could be in line for spinal injections. He may have already had one and that is why is not practicing, as there is waiting time for strenuous activity after the injection. Not a doctor, just a guess based on my own personal experience. Hope it doesn't elevate to needing surgery. Would be great if it's only a sprain/strain.
Ozone from today

Chad from St. Augustine, FL:
Can we get some info on <a class="" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/sheldon-day/9810bdf7-ea21-420e-9fd5-85cbbed898fa/' title="Sheldon Day">Sheldon Day[Image: icon-article-link.gif]</a>? It does not feel like a good situation. He hasn't practiced in quite a while. Is he a possibility for the Physically Unable to Perform list? That would be a shame...
John: Day hasn’t practiced since early in training camp, and while you’re right that it doesn’t feel like a good situation, I haven’t heard that this is a season-threatening situation. He is not a candidate for the PUP list because you can’t participate in practice and be placed on PUP. He would have to be placed on injured reserve.
He might be a candidate for the IR with designation to return. But I am not sure they would use it on him, as he is on one of the deepest positions on the team. I could see him going on IR and Bennett being safe.

AS others have said I can see him being an IR with the designation to return candidate. This will also make Bennett safe and potentially keep one of Werner or Chris Smith around a bit longer.

I wouldn't waste the IR return if he's gonna be back within the first 4 weeks. Safe it for someone who needs more time.
The IR/DTR status forces a player to stay away from practice until 6 weeks and inactive for games 8 weeks.

Yup wouldnt waste the IR/.DR on him, just have him inactive until he can play, people always forget there is like 8 inactives every game

Stick the guy on IR, which is short for isn't ready.

Quote:AS others have said I can see him being an IR with the designation to return candidate. This will also make Bennett safe and potentially keep one of Werner or Chris Smith around a bit longer.

You can only designate one player, so it may be best to save that for a player they may need. Day is quickly developing into a fine player, but they don't need him this year. IR makes more sense. Meanwhile, I still don't see Chris Smith making the roster.

Quote:You can only designate one player, so it may be best to save that for a player they may need. Day is quickly developing into a fine player, but they don't need him this year. IR makes more sense. Meanwhile, I still don't see Chris Smith making the roster.

You don't have to make the designation when you IR them anymore.
Quote:You don't have to make the designation when you IR them anymore.

Can you please clarify?
Quote:It would be nice if Gus Bradley reported a specific diagnosis and timetable for return.

Now will you make fantasy football adjustments accordingly?
Pages: 1 2 3