Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Expectations rise for jaguars as talent keeps improving..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some have tried to temper expectations...to that I say no thanks.

I will not temper my expectations. Why won't I do that?

Because for the first time in years this team is talented at key positions on BOTH sides of the ball.

We have a heck of a player at QB. Allen Robinson is an elite level talent at WR. Hurns is a pro bowl level WR. Thomas is a pro bowl level TE. Chris Ivory is a high level RB. I think adding Ivory and new pieces to the OL will allow us to see Yeldon is also a high level RB. They compliment each other well.

The left side of the line is still an unknown but a returning Linder, an additional year of work and experience for Cann and another year of familiarity for Parnell is going to make a huge difference. I wouldn't sleep on Reed either.

Lee seems healthy and when healthy he might be our most talented WR. This is a 28-30 point offense.

Adding Jackson is going to be HUGE and the same goes for Gipson.

My sleeper here is Prince. I want to see him stay healthy but he's a good corner and he's going to be a nice addition if he can stay on the field.

Roy Miller is among the best at what he does. Jared Odrick is a good lineman. I will preface the next part by saying I am well aware that rookies are an unknown. That being said...

Ramsey is going to be special. He is going to fit into this defense beautifully and his attitude is something this team needs. Ramsey will make an impact in his rookie year.

I think the same goes for Myles Jack. I love this kid! He has all the physical tools and from what I have read he seems to be a student of the game and a hard worker. He is going to have a giant chip on his shoulder too. Once he learns the mental side of playing LB and can rely on more instinct and athletic ability...look out! Having his coverage ability at LB will be a nice addition too. Too many years of being burnt there.

Gipson, Jackson, Fowler, Yannick, Miller, Prince, House, Colvin, Telvin, Odrick, Marks....this defense is going to be markedly improved.

Couple that with a growing offense that by all means should be more consistent and score more points and you get more wins.

This team is talented enough to when 10 or more games.
If nothing else after this season turns out to be another doozy we'll have the hottest coaching gig since Kubiak went to Denver.

There is no reason to think about tempering expectations this year. The media is not predicting we will win a playoff game. In all the articles I read about dramatic improvement in Jacksonville, none of them offered a record prediction.