Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles, Dark horse MVP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, it's on PFT but, just to be on the list...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...mvp-award/

If they go 12-4 then yes, he should be considered.
. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\.
He gots more votes than Winston!
Thats a pretty good list of players. Im happy to see Blake on it. I would be even more happy to see it become a reality.

Breakout player, or offensive player of the year is his first step, then mvp. He needs to become this teams mvp first over AR15.
The defense will have to improve before Blake wins any offensive awards. They a make him play catch-up too often which leads to jumped routes and risky throws down the stretch... this season lies in the hands of the defense.

We are going to the Super Bowl. I can't believe it. Finally.
Eventually, yes. Every year. He will be the best QB in the league. I've been saying it since he was drafted.

I'm surprised Andy Dalton isn't on that list, he was balling out last year.

Watt isn't ever gonna win it, he's going to start declining very soon, nothing will top his 2014 and he didn't win it then.

Quote:I'm surprised Andy Dalton isn't on that list, he was balling out last year.

Watt isn't ever gonna win it, he's going to start declining very soon, nothing will top his 2014 and he didn't win it then.

Three-time Defensive Player of the Year is good enough.
Quote:Three-time Defensive Player of the Year is good enough.
I'm not sure I follow. The link is asking which player that has never won MVP will most likely to win it this year and JJ Watt is number 1. I've not mentioned DPOY and neither has the article.
Quote:Breakout player, or offensive player of the year is his first step, then mvp. He needs to become this teams mvp first over AR15.
that would never happen because base on this fanbase perception A-Rob can't do nothing wrong and Blake can't do nothing right. lol. I remember one person even saying on the radio that A-Rob should get half of Blake's paycheck because he does his job by i don't know catching the football. I wish we still had Gabbert and Henne at QB because maybe just maybe we as a fanbase would be more appreciative of Blake play today then we are otherwise. 
Quote:I'm not sure I follow. The link is asking which player that has never won MVP will most likely to win it this year and JJ Watt is number 1. I've not mentioned DPOY and neither has the article.

I was just saying J.J. Watt does not need to be the NFL MVP in his career because he is already has the second-best player award.
Quote:that would never happen because base on this fanbase perception A-Rob can't do nothing wrong and Blake can't do nothing right. lol. I remember one person even saying on the radio that A-Rob should get half of Blake's paycheck because he does his job by i don't know catching the football. I wish we still had Gabbert and Henne at QB because maybe just maybe we as a fanbase would be more appreciative of Blake play today then we are otherwise.

All my years on the board, every qb we have had since Brunell has been overcriticized, and by some, disliked. Gabbert and Henne made this board/fanbase cynical and pessimistic. From what I remember, even Brunell received overcriticism.

We finally have a franchise qb, who could potentially become an MVP someday. I'm very appreciative.
Bortles should be considered an MVP candidate if the Jaguars win the AFCS.

I think the biggest problem Bortles has had this offseason is the perception that was colored heavily by the last game of the season. In that last texans game Gus had the team woefully prepared and the team around Bortles just imploded.

It was a three INT zero TD game for Bortles largely thanks to everyone on the team playing like hot garbage around him, especially the Joke at LT.

If Bortles has a 1 TD 1 INT game he wouldn't have finished the season with the most INTs and he would have been tied for the league lead in passing TDs. Sure there still would have been things to nitpick in the offseason, but the perception of him would have been shifted by quite a bit because there is a big difference between leading the league in TDs and throwing less than the league lead in INTs and leading the league in INTs (even if other guys threw a lot more of them per game) and getting second in TDs.

Quote:All my years on the board, every qb we have had since Brunell has been overcriticized, and by some, disliked. Gabbert and Henne made this board/fanbase cynical and pessimistic. From what I remember, even Brunell received overcriticism.

We finally have a franchise qb, who could potentially become an MVP someday. I'm very appreciative.
I'm glad you do and we're in the same boat because i don't want to go back to those Gabbert and Henne days where the QB play was depressing. Blake gives me hope despite his flaws because he's a playmaker and don't get enough credit for the things he does on the field. I love A-Rob and have 2 of his jerseys but i'm a realist and know that he wouldn't be the guy he is today if he had Chad Henne at QB. I betcha teams like the Jets, 49ers, Cowboys, Browns, and many others would love to have Blake as the QB of their Franchise. 
Blake depending on his production could get MVP considerations of the team is successfulf. I mean seriously who thought Cam was MVP candidate before the season started ?
Blake depending on his production could get MVP considerations of the team is successfulf. I mean seriously who thought Cam was MVP candidate before the season started ?
Pages: 1 2