Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone else fear that if Olson has another great offensive year, he is gone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just had this thought that striked me...if we have another explosive year on offense like we broke out last year....I fear Coach Oly could get calls for a head coaching job somewhere.

We see it happen every year in the NFL just unfortunate. Starting to fear that after everything he has done for our offense since he got here.

I will not worry about that until the season is over. We still need to finish drives with touchdowns, not chip shot field goals.

Yeah I'm not worried about it right now either, I'm just saying I had the thought. We have never had to think about this kind of stuff before with coaches of our teams because our success rate lately hasn't been great.

Just a thought.

Quote:I will.not worry about that until the season is over. We still need to finish drives with touchdowns, not chip shot field goals.
There shouldn't be a period with no space in between will and not. Thanks.
We never had to think about it in recent years. Remember former OC Chris Palmer and DC Mike Smith?

It could happen in a few years.

Belichick has been worried sick about all his great offensive coordinators that have been plucked
Quote:Belichick has been worried sick about all his great offensive coordinators that have been plucked

Bradley is not Belichick.

Imagine Olly leaving and Bortles having to learn a new offense.
I wasn't trying to start a fight with my topic. I just had a thought that popped into my head so I posted it.

Olson is cool.

I like Greg Olson.

He manages the slicked back dapper dan hair-do like a damn boss.

He also knows how to create mismatches and get players to execute a pretty solid offense.

Will he be poached from us if he keeps producing?

Maybe. I hope so.

I hope he makes it really hard to keep him at OC.

That means we're winning in the postseason.
I'm sure it would be hard to say no if a HC came his way but he doesn't seem like that type of guy to me. Then again I didn't think Dirk Koetter was a HC type either.
I've thought about it and I'm sure the team has as well. That's why I think Nathaniel Hackett was brought on board. He's working closely with Bortles as QB coach and had success running an offense as well with the Bills.
If Olson is getting HC consideration, then our offense is doing well. I'll take it any day.
Quote:I've thought about it and I'm sure the team has as well. That's why I think Nathaniel Hackett was brought on board. He's working closely with Bortles as QB coach and had success running an offense as well with the Bills.

I think Hackett is the heir as well.  With that said Oly doesn't seem like a HC to me, I'd be more worried about losing Marrone or Wash.
Quote:I wasn't trying to start a fight with my topic. I just had a thought that popped into my head so I posted it.

Don't mind JW bud, she attacks everyone for no real reason
Losing our OC would mean a lot of positive things happen, happy trails if that's the case
It worked out in Tampa pretty well this year. The similarities are striking (well, except that Lovie is actually an accomplished HC).

Good players overcome. Players not plays.
Like some mentioned in this thread,  I'm confident that Dave Caldwell and Gus Bradley hope to have this ' problem'  in January or February.  

In any event,  much more often than not,  a HC Candidate fails to land an NFL HC job the first year he interviews for the position.   Even if the Jaguars make the playoffs this season,   there's a good chance that Greg Olson will be back with the team at least another season.  

Remember when everyone was upset with the Olson hire?

Now we're worried about losing him. He's done a great job.

Yet no one has mentioned "good hire" for Gus. I have my concerns about Bradley as a HC the same as most of us, but I'll give credit where it's due.
Quote:Remember when everyone was upset with the Olson hire?

Now we're worried about losing him. He's done a great job.

Yet no one has mentioned "good hire" for Gus. I have my concerns about Bradley as a HC the same as most of us, but I'll give credit where it's due.

After seeing Greg Olson get more out of Joey Harrington as a play caller than anyone else,   it's not surprising that Olson has helped elevate the Jaguars Offense.  Finally,  Olson has a high caliber QB prospect  ( who isn't a rookie ) to work with who has the combined physical skills and intangibles.

Pages: 1 2 3 4