Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Public university grants students two hours of free speech per week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Public university grants students two hours of free speech per week

A public university in Louisiana has a speech code that permits students to express their beliefs freely for two hours per week at three predetermined locations.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016...ree-speec/

Do they look like this?

[Image: tumblr_inline_o5du68PFir1swf7bh_500.jpg]

Quote:Public university grants students two hours of free speech per week

A public university in Louisiana has a speech code that permits students to express their beliefs freely for two hours per week at three predetermined locations.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016...ree-speec/

LOL, I thought about posting this story, but I figured that it would just trigger the liberal snowflakes on this board.  :thumbsup:

At least The University of Chicago has it right.  They are warning incoming freshman not to expect a trigger free environment or "safe zones".
what happens if somebody breaks the rule?  arrest them?  for what?

Several colleges are advancing race relations by bringing back segregation:

Hampshire College will offer some of its students what the school euphemistically calls “identity-based housing.” That’s segregated housing for students who - because of their race, culture, gender or sexual orientation — have “historically experienced oppression.”

University of Connecticut administrators thinks that more black men will graduate if they spend more time together. According to Campus Reform, they are building a new residence hall to facilitate just that.

Then there’s an effort for racial segregation in classes. Moraine Valley Community College mandated that some class sections be “limited to African-American students".  After facing massive national notoriety, the college recently abandoned its racial segregation agenda.

It's odd that our usual liberal snowflakes haven't commented in this thread yet.   :whistling:

That story wasn't as scandalous as made out. Seems pretty restrictive though. Although I didn't get involved in a single demonstration at Uni, was too busy in the bar.
What the [BLEEP] does a free speech zone even mean?
Quote:What the [BAD WORD REMOVED] does a free speech zone even mean?

That's what reasonable Americans ask every day.  This is at universities around the country and liberals love the policy.
Quote:That's what reasonable Americans ask every day. This is at universities around the country and liberals love the policy.

What does it mean though? If I'm at a university with free speech zones , what happens if I speak freely in non free speech zone?
Quote:What does it mean though? If I'm at a university with free speech zones , what happens if I speak freely in non free speech zone?

Legally nothing.  However, the university "government" can punish you academically which makes this so ridiculous.  It's ironic that an institution of higher learning is supposed to "educate" people, yet it's more like "indoctrinate" than anything else.

I'm still waiting for one of our resident liberals to come in here and back the policy.
Well in 1970 the government couldn't "legally" shoot and kill protesting students... But they did
Quote:Legally nothing.  However, the university "government" can punish you academically which makes this so ridiculous.  It's ironic that an institution of higher learning is supposed to "educate" people, yet it's more like "indoctrinate" than anything else.

I'm still waiting for one of our resident liberals to come in here and back the policy.

Why's this about Liberals? Surely the definition of liberal is to respect all free speech?

You always bang on about Uni students being brainwashed lefties anyway, so surely restricting their speech is infringing on liberal leftie LGBT or whatever group you usually have an issue with.
Quote:Why's this about Liberals? Surely the definition of liberal is to respect all free speech?

You always bang on about Uni students being brainwashed lefties anyway, so surely restricting their speech is infringing on liberal leftie LGBT or whatever group you usually have an issue with.

Not here, here the inaccurately labeled Leftists want Authority to regulate everything. Liberals in this country want everyone to behave, talk, and think only what they approve under threat of punishment.
Regulation is a great job creator. As an accountant it makes me more valuable, you could probably get rid of most of us otherwise, same with Legal professionals. 

Hey it was someones job creating rules at this campus to keep them busy. More red tape please!

Bit off topic but when did the saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me" go out of fashion? Having this drilled into young kids heads at a young age would help a ton with all of the bullying and cyberbullying problems.
Jib what snowflakes? The liberals or young people. Just curious do believe that they are one in the same? You lump so many demographics into one category. Your like some cable TV dinosaur that hasn't realized that the world has past you bye. Your whole world is failing and your left grasping at straws.
Location has been identified

[Image: ufc_09_-_octagon.jpg]

Quote:Not here, here the inaccurately labeled Leftists want Authority to regulate everything. Liberals in this country want everyone to behave, talk, and think only what they approve under threat of punishment.

Actually you must be talking about Mike Pence and his gay hating supporters
Pages: 1 2