Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jags will dominate if the O-line continues to dominate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While Bortles, A-Rob, and other skill players have received most of the credit for the offenses success so far this preseason, it's the offensive lines dominance (particularly in the run game) that has impressed me the most.  Brandon Linder & AJ Cann are two of the best (young) interior o-linemen in the game, Jeremy Parnell is a mauler and we've seen drastic improvement from Luke Joeckel.  If this continues our o-line will have a chance to be a top 10 unit, and if that happens it instantly takes this team to different level. Just two years ago we saw a Dallas team (devoided of defensive talent) make a playoff run primarily due to a dominant run game, a dominant skill player (Dez Bryant) on the outside, and a QB in Tony Romo that makes plays. Given the fact that the Jags have better offensive skill players than the Cowboys, one could imagine how dynamic our offense could be if the o line continues to play at a high level. If they come out and maul Cincinnati's stout defensive front on Sunday night, look out. 

I think Joeckel is the biggest surprise. He dont suck all of the sudden.

What's that commercial? That didn't suck....that didn't suck....ohhhh. in fact I liked it.
Quote:I think Joeckel is the biggest surprise. He dont suck all of the sudden.

What's that commercial? That didn't suck....that didn't suck....ohhhh. in fact I liked it.

We haven't seen Joeckel in real action yet to assess him. Preseason line play is not a true indicator mate.
Certainly the success or failure of our offense will be greatly infuenced by the ability of our offensive line. During this pre-season the o-line has shown more apptitude than we've observed from them during the regular season in some time; and therein lies the rub. It's the pre-season, we can't tell what we've really got yet based on pre-season performance from our starters!

Hopefully, things will go well with our line this year. We'll see.

Outside of the Houston game at the end of the year, Luke wasn't terrible. He was average. Beadles was a bigger problem IMO.

Quote:We haven't seen Joeckel in real action yet to assess him. Preseason line play is not a true indicator mate.

Of course we have seen him in action in past years, and he's always been at least technically sound in the run game. I'm actually liking Joekel at LG for the most part. My lone concern is whether he's physically able to get low enough to provide for leverage in short yardage. If he can do that we have our LG, but that's a big if.

Quote:Of course we have seen him in action in past years, and he's always been at least technically sound in the run game. I'm actually liking Joekel at LG for the most part. My lone concern is whether he's physically able to get low enough to provide for leverage in short yardage. If he can do that we have our LG, but that's a big if.

02, I thought it was obvious I meant, we haven't seen him in real action yet (since his reportedly/observably good off season) to call him 'the biggest surprise'.  See the post I quoted.  Or, not clear?