Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jack with the first team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In Wash's press conference he mentions that we'll most likely see Jack with the first team Sunday. His reasoning was "How many reps does Poz really need?"
I wonder why we aren't testing Jack at OLB at all. I'd love to see him with Telvin and Poz
Quote:I wonder why we aren't testing Jack at OLB at all. I'd love to see him with Telvin and Poz

I've been screaming this.
Quote:I wonder why we aren't testing Jack at OLB at all. I'd love to see him with Telvin and Poz

Ditto. Maximize the talent in the field.
Yeah I wish we'd put him with Poz and Telvin too. I guess we really think Skuta is that much better?

When we drafted Jack I thought he was going to start at OLB except when Posluszny is injured. That would make the most sense if we want to cross-train him. Why did Bradley and Wash put him in the middle?

Coaches are on record saying that once Jack learns the middle linebacker position that he would easily be able to play either of the outside positions. I think we will see him on the field with Poz and Telvin often, especially in obvious pass situations.

Quote:Coaches are on record saying that once Jack learns the middle linebacker position that he would easily be able to play either of the outside positions. I think we will see him on the field with Poz and Telvin often, especially in obvious pass situations.

That just seems backwards to me because MLB is harder to learn. I trust they are doing the right thing for him though.
Quote:That just seems backwards to me because MLB is harder to learn. I trust they are doing the right thing for him though.
If he can play the middle, he can play outside is what they are saying. 
Quote:If he can play the middle, he can play outside is what they are saying.

Exactly. We drafted Jack to be the heir to Poz, not play Otto and THEN learn MLB. He's learning MLB, so he can take over for Poz either sometome this year or next. Once he's confident as MLB, we can slide him over to Otto to be on the field until it's time to hand over the reigns. Learning to be the MLB is priority one.
So when will Poz play?

We would easily have the best LB core in the league.
Quote:We would easily have the best LB core in the league.

But nobody would know that because everyone talks about Carolina's linebackers.
Quote:Yeah I wish we'd put him with Poz and Telvin too. I guess we really think Skuta is that much better?

The SAM in this defense is the Otto. A position for a pass rushing LB like Bruce Irvin. Jack can blitz but is no pass rusher.
Quote:But nobody would know that because everyone talks about Carolina's linebackers.

No they dont. Nobody even knows their names.
Quote:No they don't. Nobody even knows their names.

They don't know whose names?
I think Jack is the future at MLB, and they want to start phasing Poz out. I'd expect by the end of the year that Jack is the starting MLB. And why not get him as ready as possible now?
Quote:They don't know whose names?
Kuechley, Davis, and the other guy
Quote:They don't know whose names?

Who is they?
Pages: 1 2