Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Has the constant lagging of the servers made this site less desirable for you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I know its the off season but these servers are ruining my experience, ive switched to Reddit. The moderators here should do a better job in my opinion.
Of course it has. Board has been dying a slow death and no one that should  seems to give two rats behinds. Time to start emailing Lamping. He will roll some heads. Its been six months or so that we cant even post a friggin youtube embed and not a damn sole has ever even addressed the issue in the other forum for the website. Pitiful. Somebody is stealing a paycheck from Mr. Khan.

Edit, The moderators more than likely have close to zero control of the boards functionality would be my guess. It would be the website administrators issue.

Perhaps you guys missed the posts made by the admins who stated the powers that be couldn't care less if this board existed. The admins had to fight just to keep it going. This board is a free service granted by the pure graces of the organization. Start sending complaints and it will be pulled for good.
Quote:Perhaps you guys missed the posts made by the admins who stated the powers that be couldn't care less if this board existed. The admins had to fight just to keep it going. This board is a free service granted by the pure graces of the organization. Start sending complaints and it will be pulled for good.
 I don't know about this but perhaps this is true. Then so be it. At this point all it does is appear as another aspect of the organizations dysfunction. If you are going to have it, make it work. If not, shut it down. Same thing as what we have now basically.
There is one Root Administrator whose responsibility is message board software maintenance. He is aware of the problems and is working on it. The user moderators, including three who are also listed as Administrators, have very limited access to Administrator tools and absolutely no access to the software itself for purposes of maintenance and trouble shooting.

Quote:I know its the off season but these servers are ruining my experience, ive switched to Reddit. The moderators here should do a better job in my opinion.
Moderators have nothing to do with the current wave of SQL issues we've seen on the board, so feel free to tell us how we should be doing a better job to make your experience a more positive one.

We DO understand the frustrations users are dealing with because of the sporadic issues most are experiencing with SQL errors.  We are dealing with them as well.  The only person who can actually address this issue and get it resolved is the webmaster, and he is aware of the errors being seen, and working to address the issues. 

SQL Connection pool issues suck, but they happen.  Completely unrelated to Everbank Pool issues incidentally, should there be any.  It is frustrating at times I'll admit but it helps if you don't spend your life on the forum and are willing to not rely on it for your fundamental happiness.

Quote:SQL Connection pool issues suck, but they happen.  Completely unrelated to Everbank Pool issues incidentally, should there be any.  It is frustrating at times I'll admit but it helps if you don't spend your life on the forum and are willing to not rely on it for your fundamental happiness.

Heretic.
Quote:SQL Connection pool issues suck, but they happen. Completely unrelated to Everbank Pool issues incidentally, should there be any. It is frustrating at times I'll admit but it helps if you don't spend your life on the forum and are willing to not rely on it for your fundamental happiness.
I just want to get updates on my team, I find happiness in other activities such as the one in your profile picture.

I've been experiencing the same SQL issues that a lot of people are seeing.  Had to go to a backup account.

My plan was to start an uprising against the moderators but this site is so dead it was a failure
Except the moderators have 0 to do with what you wanted to base your uprising on.

Stick with Reddit, your failed uprising shows your post quality.

Quote:I know its the off season but these servers are ruining my experience, ive switched to Reddit. The moderators here should do a better job in my opinion.
With the servers??
Even my backup account gets booted pretty regularly
Quote:Except the moderators have 0 to do with what you wanted to base your uprising on.

Stick with Reddit, your failed uprising shows your post quality.
And your name shows the quality of your education
Quote:And your name shows the quality of your education

So yours shows a horrible taste in music?
Ah I missed the board. Now I know how JDub must feel on her 'vacations.' Surprised I missed it that much.

To those of you using new, alternate accounts, are you still unable to login and access forums with your normal accounts?

Quote:To those of you using new, alternate accounts, are you still unable to login and access forums with your normal accounts?
Thats a yes

Also am unable to load the page in browsers that have ever loaded the page before. I am using a totally different one right now

So I tried to log in with old account and it looked like it let me for one second then sql error. I have to delete all data including saved usernames (on the browser) in order to even load the page again, and even then I can only log in with the new account.

Also when did the server time get 4 hours ahead?
Quote:Thats a yes

Also am unable to load the page in browsers that have ever loaded the page before. I am using a totally different one right now

So I tried to log in with old account and it looked like it let me for one second then sql error. I have to delete all data including saved usernames (on the browser) in order to even load the page again, and even then I can only log in with the new account.

Also when did the server time get 4 hours ahead?

Shad Khan is always ahead of the curve.

Seriously, we have a situation where the IT guru recently put in charge of this board was, well, just recently put in charge of this board. We mods are just as frustrated as the rest of y'all, please be patient, the IT guru is doing his best to get it fixed.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5