Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The first 2-party election in decades
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The November election is not Democrat vs. Republican.  The vote is for insider corruption vs. outsider change. 

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/pr...d-everyone

Trump is an insider too.
Quote:Trump is an insider too.

Shhhh.

Don't confuse them with facts!
Quote:Shhhh.

Don't confuse them with facts!

That label is subjective.
Does anyone deny that Trump would change the path we are currently on?

Quote:Does anyone deny that Trump would change the path we are currently on?

I do.

I can.

Yes, I mean unless Trump just goes full on dictator and gets rid of congress and the courts. 

No, but imagine you're driving a subcompact over the Dammes Point Bridge.  Suddenly a large truck appears, headed straight at you.  You have two choices, 1) stay on course and hit the truck head-on, or 2) swerve and go over the side. 

There are times when either path will lead to disaster, this is one of those times.
Quote:No, but imagine you're driving a subcompact over the Dammes Point Bridge.  Suddenly a large truck appears, headed straight at you.  You have two choices, 1) stay on course and hit the truck head-on, or 2) swerve and go over the side. 

There are times when either path will lead to disaster, this is one of those times.

Driving off a bridge sounds a lot more fun than slamming into a semi.
Quote:Driving off a bridge sounds a lot more fun than slamming into a semi.
Going off the Dames Point Bridge would probably be as bad as hitting a semi. That's serious impact with water. It's not as giving as most think. 
Quote:Driving off a bridge sounds a lot more fun than slamming into a semi.

I'm with you.  If you've gotta go, do it with style.
Quote:Going off the Dames Point Bridge would probably be as bad as hitting a semi. That's serious impact with water. It's not as giving as most think. 

At least there will be a couple seconds of euphoric soaring across the St. Johns before an instantaneous death.

Our equity and 401k increased by over $500k over the past 4 years.  Why would I want to change the path we are on?  I'm amazed that people didn't take advantage of a housing market and investment market that hit rock bottom in 2010.  At that time, when the banks and auto market were being bailed out, the Dow bottomed out at 6,000; it's now at a record high of over 18,000 (a 200% increase).

.... and regarding your question, Hitler changed the path Germany was on.  Sometimes change is not always good.  So in direct response to your question, I do not deny Trump would change the path we are on.

Trump went from, "his own party hates him.  the republican party is in shambles" to "he's one of them" about 10 seconds after he won the nomination.

i dont see how both can be true, but i dont really care. vote for who you want.

Quote:Our equity and 401k increased by over $500k over the past 4 years.  Why would I want to change the path we are on?  I'm amazed that people didn't take advantage of a housing market and investment market that hit rock bottom in 2010.  At that time, when the banks and auto market were being bailed out, the Dow bottomed out at 6,000; it's now at a record high of over 18,000 (a 200% increase).

.... and regarding your question, Hitler changed the path Germany was on.  Sometimes change is not always good.  So in direct response to your question, I do not deny Trump would change the path we are on.

Wall-street is a terrible gauge of the economies health. I am sure people struggling to make their rent and auto payments are thrilled to see the DOW at 18k. Meanwhile, wages have stagnated for decades, labor participation rate is at its lowest in decades, home ownership is at its lowest in decades, food stamp utilization has skyrocketed, overall poverty has increased massively, and collegiate education cost more than ever.

But hey, at least the investment class, Hillary's favorite class, is doing well.

The numbers look great, but numbers aren't wealth.  The big banks are still insolvent, despite bailouts and access to free money from the Fed.  A lot of the free money goes into juicing the stock markets to create an illusion that the economy is good.  These markets rely on the "greater fool" theory of investing - that would be individuals like HURRICANE!!! and his 401k.  I hope it works out. 

Quote:Trump went from, "his own party hates him.  the republican party is in shambles" to "he's one of them" about 10 seconds after he won the nomination.

i dont see how both can be true, but i dont really care. vote for who you want.

You can be an insider and be hated by the Republicans and be the reason they are in shambles all at the same time.
Quote:You can be an insider and be hated by the Republicans and be the reason they are in shambles all at the same time.

To be fair, the party has been in shambles since they put up John McCain as a presidential nominee.
Quote:To be fair, the party has been in shambles since they put up John McCain as a presidential nominee.

Yeah, I guess evidence is a better word than reason.