Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Poz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Love Poz but he's not getting any faster. We are still vulnerable on certain passing plays. Opponents will try to exploit this. Will he be taking a lesser role? Do we draft Foster (in a trade back)? Or maybe McMillan (Ohio St.) in the 2nd? Can Myles play in the middle without hurting the run defense? Your thoughts.
I like it
I'd love to see Foster, Jack and Smith on the field

WLB - Telvin

MLB - Jack

SLB - Poz

We all good.

Seen Poz at Publix. He said he is 91% sure that he indeed IS getting faster.

Telvin, Jack, Poz with Poz out on passing downs sounds pretty dang good.
Top 10 every year in tackles.
Quick run to google. Yall get my point.
Poz needs to remain in the middle as the defensive QB for now. His replacement will come in due time...

NH3...
Poz is a Coughlin kinda guy. He stayin
I like McMillan out of OSU in RD3 to play inside. People keep thinking LB isn't a need but to me it is. You have Telvin Smith and Myles Jack. That's about it. Paul Posluszny is over the hill and we just released Dan Skuta yesterday.

I'll tell you though. If we didn't need a LG/RG or RT in RD2 I am tempted to say Zach Cunningham out of Vanderbilt deserves to be mentioned. He's the most well rounded ILB in this class. I like him more than Reuben Foster. I am hoping for a trade down on draft night. I'd rather see us move out of the 4th slot and swap around with the New York Giants and pick-up a bunch of extra picks. 

We could then pick-up a good offensive lineman in RD1 and then double dip at Guard on day two in RD2. We should be able to pick-up another 2nd and/or 3rd or 4th RD pick too which could be used to snag us a future ILB or OLB depending on what the goal is with Jack down the road. 

This reminds me of when the Jags just dumped guys like Daryl Smith and Rashean Mathis who still had valuable playing days when the Jags were rebuilding.. I know it's best to look to the future, but don't dump veterans unless his replacement is on the roster. I think the Jags could have avoided some of these cellar years if they had not been so quick to dump everyone when Dave Came in. Even looking back at the Monroe trade, you could have had a decent LT on your line and moved Joeckel to Guard sooner but the need to make guys fit into roles they don't fit in and cut or trade players are a part of the reason the Jaguars have been picking top 5 for a decade

Quote:This reminds me of when the Jags just dumped guys like Daryl Smith and Rashean Mathis who still had valuable playing days when the Jags were rebuilding.. I know it's best to look to the future, but don't dump veterans unless his replacement is on the roster. I think the Jags could have avoided some of these cellar years if they had not been so quick to dump everyone when Dave Came in. Even looking back at the Monroe trade, you could have had a decent LT on your line and moved Joeckel to Guard sooner but the need to make guys fit into roles they don't fit in and cut or trade players are a part of the reason the Jaguars have been picking top 5 for a decade

Agreed. That's why they need to get a guy in the hopper from this class. The other concern with Paul is durability. He's a heavy hitter and doesn't shy away from throwing his body around out there at times.

Every now and then it lands him on the bench with a jacked up arm. Would feel a lot more comfortable with a guy like McMillan or Cunningham being groomed behind him who could also jump right into the defense. 
I just don't see much in the way of the Jaguars showing interest in LBs. Looking around at these player visits, the LBs are by far getting the most private visits from teams, but the Jaguars are not typically among these teams studying LBs.

Really the Jaguars haven't even brought in a LB. They OLB Javancy Jones from Jackson State at the East-West Shrine Game, and MLB Eric Wilson at the Bearcats Pro Day, but opted to not follow up either meeting with a private visit which really intersted teams tend to do.

They did have a private visit with Alabama MLB Reuben Foster, but that may just be doing their homework in the event of a trade down. They also brought in two edge rushers as DEs who can maybe player a OTTO-type OLB role... Ohio State's Terrell Basham and Florida State's DeMarcus Walker. These two should be there for the Jaguars early round three pick.

And that's been it. Compare this with a team like the 49ers and Steelers obviously intent on drafting a LB and it's not even close. Ther are a bunch of team you know really want a LB.

Quote:I just don't see much in the way of the Jaguars showing interest in LBs. Looking around at these player visits, the LBs are by far getting the most private visits from teams, but the Jaguars are not typically among these teams studying LBs.

Really the Jaguars haven't even brought in a LB. They OLB Javancy Jones from Jackson State at the East-West Shrine Game, and MLB Eric Wilson at the Bearcats Pro Day, but opted to not follow up either meeting with a private visit which really intersted teams tend to do.

They did have a private visit with Alabama MLB Reuben Foster, but that may just be doing their homework in the event of a trade down. They also brought in two edge rushers as DEs who can maybe player a OTTO-type OLB role... Ohio State's Terrell Basham and Florida State's DeMarcus Walker. These two should be there for the Jaguars early round three pick.

And that's been it. Compare this with a team like the 49ers and Steelers obviously intent on drafting a LB and it's not even close. Ther are a bunch of team you know really want a LB.
Meetings/visits don't hold much weight at all.

I wouldn't bother reading too much into who is and isn't meeting with who.
Quote:I just don't see much in the way of the Jaguars showing interest in LBs. Looking around at these player visits, the LBs are by far getting the most private visits from teams, but the Jaguars are not typically among these teams studying LBs.

They did have a private visit with Alabama MLB Reuben Foster, but that may just be doing their homework in the event of a trade down. They also brought in two edge rushers as DEs who can maybe player a OTTO-type OLB role... Ohio's Terrell Basham and Florida State's DeMarcus Walker. These two should be there for the Jaguars early round three pick.

Fixed that for you.  For shame...
Quote:Fixed that for you.  For shame...

Thanks... I didn't realize there was an "Ohio University"... I thought there was just "Ohio State."

Quote:Thanks... I didn't realize there was an "Ohio University"... I thought there was just "Ohio State."
Don't make me come to Portland.  LOL
Quote:Don't make me come to Portland.  LOL

If it's any consolation, my wife knew. I asked her, "Have you heard of Ohio University?" She responded, "You mean the one in Athens." I guess I'm just the last to know, although she lived in Lancaster, Ohio for a while.