Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Prisco Article on Bortles and ARob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That was a great read, thanks!

Really good read. These two are going to be something special in Jax for a long time.

I would like to see improvement on the intermediate routes as well.. I'm glad they spent off time working on this. I was afraid ARob was going to become a "jump ball guy"

Nicely written, insightful. Once the intermediate game steadies, they'd gain more ball control, which helps the D remain fresh. As Miller said, they don't want to play too many snaps this year. Big tings ar gwan for di Jags massives.
Quote:I would like to see improvement on the intermediate routes as well.. I'm glad they spent off time working on this. I was afraid ARob was going to become a "jump ball guy"
Another guy by the name Calvin Johnson made his career as a "jump ball guy". I would say he was pretty good...
Anybody remember when Prisco used to hate on Garrard and pimp Henne as the QB that the Jags needed when he was with the Phins?

The future is so bright for this team. Can't wait for Arob to get his extension in the offseason.
He's gonna get paid.
Calvin Johnson never made the leap to Super Bowl winner.. I'll take a guy with a complete game... Calvin Johnson was a good QB away from being Greg Carr.

Quote:Calvin Johnson never made the leap to Super Bowl winner.. I'll take a guy with a complete game... Calvin Johnson was a good QB away from being Greg Carr.

No, on all accounts
ARob has greatness in him. You can see it every reception he makes. He looks stronger this year than last year. If the rest of the team can start performing he will be the next biggest super star in the league. 

Bortles will be the best QB in the NFL.

Prisco is an awful writer and has a grammatical error in the very first paragraph, but the content of the article is great. Nice to have a local national media guy giving credit where it is due.

Quote:Calvin Johnson never made the leap to Super Bowl winner.. I'll take a guy with a complete game... Calvin Johnson was a good QB away from being Greg Carr.
This is laughable.. By your logic Barry Sanders wasn't good either. He's easily the best WR of our generation and did it with no one at QB. The Lions ineptitude as a franchise is in no way an indictment of the guy who owns the single season record for receiving yards.. that was previously held by some guy named Rice  :whistling:
Quote:Prisco is an awful writer and has a grammatical error in the very first paragraph, but the content of the article is great. Nice to have a local national media guy giving credit where it is due.

I liked the writing ; ). I find Johnny O particularly bad though.
Quote:Calvin Johnson never made the leap to Super Bowl winner.. I'll take a guy with a complete game... Calvin Johnson was a good QB away from being Greg Carr.

This is why we teach kids to say no to drugs.
Marino never won a Super Bowl either. Must be because he was average.

Quote:I liked the writing ; ). I find Johnny O particularly bad though.

Johnny's a good writer, though he tends to get carried away with sentence structure. Good writer though. Prisco is more a guy with wild opinions who has a platform than a good writer.
Perhaps I should say I find O bland. Vic's wit and old school knowledge spoilt me. Telling that I don't read O-zone at all, whereas I read Ask Vic daily without fail.

Calvin Johnson was generationally outstanding. We can only hope ARob gets close to that.