Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Two Trump speeches that should be heard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For anyone who has only heard what the MSM propagandizes and never actually heard Trump give a speech, I suggest you listen to the following two speeches when you get the time (they are a bit lengthy). They were both given in the past few days, but both were extremely well-crafted and hit on points that are largely ignored (or illegitimately spun) by the pundits in the MSM.

Trump on National Security/Foreign Policy/Immigration.

https://youtu.be/M_tifPMzerA?t=2797

Trump on Law and Order.

https://youtu.be/CRZqz3e5Pr8?t=7433

I was hoping they'd be funny.
"I also believe that we could find common ground with Russia in the fight against ISIS. They too have much at stake in the outcome in Syria, and have had their own battles with Islamic terrorism" - Donald Trump.

Obama/Hillary want to continue surrounding Russia with NATO missiles and want to amend our long-time nuclear policy prohibiting "first strike" nuclear attacks.  It is insanity.

Quote:I was hoping they'd be funny.

They are. At least the law and order one. I especially like that Donny tried to imply he was in Milwaukee when he was actually in West Bend, which is 99% white. He cares about black people so much he couldn't bother to go where they actually live.

It seemed to me to be the standard stuff - all huff and puff with no specific policy recommendations as to how he'll fix anything. Except - he'll bring in more jobs; really good paying jobs. How? Hey, don't ask questions.

Another teleprompter speech, which he reads very s l o w l y. I'd prefer he go off the cuff. Much more entertaining. I can't believe this speech would convince one black person. But it wasn't meant for blacks. It was meant for Trump's white supporters (are there any other kind?). They can now tell themselves that Donny (and themselves, of course) really care for black people. They can now vote for Trump and feel that he (and themselves, of course) aren't racists.
Quote:They are. At least the law and order one. I especially like that Donny tried to imply he was in Milwaukee when he was actually in West Bend, which is 99% white. He cares about black people so much he couldn't bother to go where they actually live.

It seemed to me to be the standard stuff - all huff and puff with no specific policy recommendations as to how he'll fix anything. Except - he'll bring in more jobs; really good paying jobs. How? Hey, don't ask questions.

Another teleprompter speech, which he reads very s l o w l y. I'd prefer he go off the cuff. Much more entertaining. I can't believe this speech would convince one black person. But it wasn't meant for blacks. It was meant for Trump's white supporters (are there any other kind?). They can now tell themselves that Donny (and themselves, of course) really care for black people. They can now vote for Trump and feel that he (and themselves, of course) aren't racists.

I guess he should stick to pandering to appease you. You know, claiming he carries around a bottle of hot sauce and serving fried chicken to inner cities. Ignore the decades of failed democratic policies in inner cities that never worked. Forget pro-growth trade policies seeking to restore lost job markets across the rust belt. Just promise more wasteful social programs, "protection" from racist white police officers, and pander pander pander. It seems to be working for Hillary, anyway.
Quote:They are. At least the law and order one. I especially like that Donny tried to imply he was in Milwaukee when he was actually in West Bend, which is 99% white. He cares about black people so much he couldn't bother to go where they actually live.

How old are you and what do you do for a living?
Quote:I guess he should stick to pandering to appease you. You know, claiming he carries around a bottle of hot sauce and serving fried chicken to inner cities. Ignore the decades of failed democratic policies in inner cities that never worked. Forget pro-growth trade policies seeking to restore lost job markets across the rust belt. Just promise more wasteful social programs, "protection" from racist white police officers, and pander pander pander. It seems to be working for Hillary, anyway.

What do you think Trump was doing, if not pandering? He was preaching to his choir.
Quote:What do you think Trump was doing, if not pandering? He was preaching to his choir.

How is it pandering when his message applies to the overwhelming majority of American citizens? Employment and public safety are the foundation of society and apply to every demographic.
Quote:I guess he should stick to pandering to appease you. You know, claiming he carries around a bottle of hot sauce and serving fried chicken to inner cities. Ignore the decades of failed democratic policies in inner cities that never worked. Forget pro-growth trade policies seeking to restore lost job markets across the rust belt. Just promise more wasteful social programs, "protection" from racist white police officers, and pander pander pander. It seems to be working for Hillary, anyway.

Calm down. I know you are a Trump fanboy and will defend your guy. I'm not a fan of Trump or Clinton, so I imagine we see things differently (lol). How stupid do you think minorities/blacks are? Wait, don't answer that!

Do you think blacks don't know that Donny based his fortune on his old man's discriminatory (anti-black) rental policies?

Do you think blacks don't know that Trump made his "political" name for himself by being a Birther? Yeah, Donny was just looking for the truth, not playing to the yahoos, wasn't he.

Do you think blacks didn't see Trump call out a judge, because he was "Mexican"?

Do you think blacks don't see some of the elements attracted to the Trump campaign?

Now, some of the points made by Trump, and have been made often by Republican politicians, have a great amount of validity. Paul Ryan in particular sounds like he knows what he's talking about. But Donald Trump is the last person on earth to come across as believable in this regard. Tell me one instance in which he's shown concern for the disadvantaged. Any social service organizations or boards? Any charitable efforts? Any support for any reforms or initiatives?

Trump has placed himself in a box. By his own manner and rhetoric he's branded himself as a yahoo - telling his base what they want to hear and not going much beyond that. He better do a lot better in the debates.

Off  the subject - does anyone know anything about this guy Mulligan? I saw him on Brett Baier's news show and he seemed to make some sense. I don't know if he'll even be on the Florida ballot. I'll have to do some research. Otherwise I'm stuck with the Libertarians and their platform has never seemed fully formed. All I ever seem to hear is "we need to elect them so we can legally smoke weed any time we want."

what is with this obsession to separate voters based on race?

Quote:How old are you and what do you do for a living?

Did you answer the same question put to yourself in the other thread?

Why do want to know? Why does that have to do with any posts I've made?

This being the internet I don't go into detail as it doesn't seem pertinent. I would guess I'm older than you and probably smarter (lol). I do "civil law enforcement". 

Vague enough for you? And I don't care to know your age, line of work, or current institution.

By the way - has Byron started a thread re The Great Pumpkin? Can't wait the learn the story behind the headlines.
Quote:what is with this obsession to separate voters based on race?

Oh please. Aren't you the coy one. And go look up obsession.

Voting blocs, buddy. And since you didn't try to defend your boy I have to guess you see the point. Good luck in overcoming it.

Quote:Did you answer the same question put to yourself in the other thread?

Why do want to know? Why does that have to do with any posts I've made?

This being the internet I don't go into detail as it doesn't seem pertinent. I would guess I'm older than you and probably smarter (lol). I do "civil law enforcement". 

Vague enough for you? And I don't care to know your age, line of work, or current institution.

By the way - has Byron started a thread re The Great Pumpkin? Can't wait the learn the story behind the headlines.

I asked the same question to which you didn't respond as far as I know. I am always curious about someones background and social status when they are as insecure and opinionated as yourself. 

the left is absolutely obsessed with race.  it's all they talk about.

but try to talk about LEGAL vs ILLEGAL citizens and WOOOOOOAAAAAHH RACIST MUCH?

Quote:Calm down. Inow you are a Trump fanboy and will defend your guy. I'm not a fan of Trump or Clinton, so I imagine we see things differently (lol). How stupid do you think minorities/blacks are? Wait, don't answer that!

Do you think blacks don't know that Donny based his fortune on his old man's discriminatory (anti-black) rental policies? He did not "base his fortune
" on this specific policy of his father. This is factually a lie.

Do you think blacks don't know that Trump made his "political" name for himself by being a Birther? Yeah, Donny was just looking for the truth, not playing to the yahoos, wasn't he. Literally has nothing to do with the black community nor is there any evidence he raised this question based on his view of blacks. It is a fallacious argument that you would also have to apply to Ted Cruz and in this case would assume Donald Trump is also racist to whites.

Do you think blacks didn't see Trump call out a judge, because he was "Mexican"? Mexican is a nationality, not a race. He has not said a single negative thing about Latin-American ethnicity. This judge was also member of a La Raza (progressive activist group for amnesty and open southern border (positions staunchly opposed by Donald Trump)) lawyers association and should have recused himself

Do you think blacks don't see some of the elements attracted to the Trump campaign? Hillary's policies were objectively worse for their communities than Bernie Sanders policies, yet they voted for her in droves, something I cannot explain. They will do the same for Hillary this election as well (whose policies are also objectively worse than Trumps), but I do see him making headway and pulling 15-30% based around education, jobs/trade, and public safety.

Now, some of the points made by Trump, and have been made often by Republican politicians, have a great amount of validity. Paul Ryan in particular sounds like he knows what he's talking about. But Donald Trump is the last person on earth to come across as believable in this regard. Tell me one instance in which he's shown concern for the disadvantaged. Any social service organizations or boards? Any charitable efforts? Any support for any reforms or initiatives? Paul Ryan represents the same terrible policies Hillary has suggested. More social welfare, job outsourcing via TPP, and Visa abuse.

Trump has placed himself in a box. By his own manner and rhetoric he's branded himself as a yahoo - telling his base what they want to hear and not going much beyond that. He better do a lot better in the debates.

Off  the subject - does anyone know anything about this guy Mulligan? I saw him on Brett Baier's news show and he seemed to make some sense. I don't know if he'll even be on the Florida ballot. I'll have to do some research. Otherwise I'm stuck with the Libertarians and their platform has never seemed fully formed. All I ever seem to hear is "we need to elect them so we can legally smoke weed any time we want."
Member of La Raza (literally meaning "THE RACE") = not a racist

Saying we need proper vetting of immigrants = RACIST (and dangerous for that matter.  once we start vetting, world will absolutely implode and we're all toast)

Quote:How is it pandering when his message applies to the overwhelming majority of American citizens? Employment and public safety are the foundation of society and apply to every demographic.

You think he'd address a predominately African-American crowd in downtown Milwaukee and call for more cops on their streets? Right or wrong, as I said, he was preaching to his choir.
Quote:You think he'd address a predominately African-American crowd in downtown Milwaukee and call for more cops on their streets? Right or wrong, as I said, he was preaching to his choir.

Good thing his choir represents nearly every demographic of the American citizenry, including black and Hispanic communities. Whether you, or they, want to believe so, it does.

Quote:Good thing his choir represents nearly every demographic of the American citizenry, including black and Hispanic communities. Whether you, or they, want to believe so, it does.

1%

Seems only one demographic is being snowballed.
Quote:I asked the same question to which you didn't respond as far as I know. I am always curious about someones background and social status when they are as insecure and opinionated as yourself.

Nothing Adam says comes off as insecure. You're better than this, Stroud.

Obviously you two are on polar opposite sides, but no need to attack him personally.
Pages: 1 2